cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Spatha - Please let me assign "Mouse 4 - 10" in the Mousefunction Pull-Down Menu

Backstab
Level 7
Hallo Asus,

please add the Option to assign not only Mouse 1-3 (Left Click, Right Click, Scroll Click) but also "Mouse 4-14" under the "Mouse Function" Pull down menu.
Neutral imput is needed to assign things like Push2talk.

thank you
22 REPLIES 22

siggie
Level 8
Hey guys,

I just bought the rogh spatha mouse. It is very good but one problem I found for gaming whicxh can be for people very anmnoning I guess:
the side keys are not like MouseButten 4, MouseButton 5, Mousbutton 6, etc . They are bound by keyboard buttons like = - + 1 2 3 4 5 6 # ctrl alt etc.
So usually you have no problems with mice which have that msbttn 4 msbttn 5 etc but with that mouse setting you have to look first which keyboardbutton youi dont need in this game to give the mouse these keyboard buttons on your keyboard. That would not be a problem if the side buttons has called MouseButton's 4-9 instead of giving them only keyboard functions. If I am wrong please correct me and tell me how to change it to the mouse button 4-9 option. Would be great, thanks.
Otherwise: Please Asus make an Update that people like me can change it to their way of coice 🙂

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
7, 8, 9, 0, -, and = are less commonly used keys on the keyboard, so generally it's safe to map with those keys. If you do need to use those particular keys, you can easily map other keys you don't use in-game to the side buttons, such as [ ] ; ' , . /.
Are you running out of keys to use on the keyboard? 😄

Yes I am really running out of keys. Playing Arma3 with that mouse. The Bad things are: I have to delete some keys for Infantry for the mouse to be able to use the keys without game key conflict. But when I am in a car or tank I have to keep the keys for my keyboard and come in conflict with the mouse keys then. I just don't get it why 'cheap' mice producers use this easy way where you dont get problems but for a mouse for over 130 bucks asus says 'we don't need that' ? I really think about selling the mouse again and buy me a cheaper better mouse where I have mouse buttons called by mouse buttons 3,4,5, or 6 and not only able to set to keyboard keys 😞

siggie wrote:
Yes I am really running out of keys. Playing Arma3 with that mouse. The Bad things are: I have to delete some keys for Infantry for the mouse to be able to use the keys without game key conflict. But when I am in a car or tank I have to keep the keys for my keyboard and come in conflict with the mouse keys then. I just don't get it why 'cheap' mice producers use this easy way where you dont get problems but for a mouse for over 130 bucks asus says 'we don't need that' ? I really think about selling the mouse again and buy me a cheaper better mouse where I have mouse buttons called by mouse buttons 3,4,5, or 6 and not only able to set to keyboard keys 😞

I have a smiley problem in Post Scriptum – The Bloody Seventh

MasterC@ROG wrote:
7, 8, 9, 0, -, and = are less commonly used keys on the keyboard, so generally it's safe to map with those keys. If you do need to use those particular keys, you can easily map other keys you don't use in-game to the side buttons, such as [ ] ; ' , . /.
Are you running out of keys to use on the keyboard? 😄

Hello. Yes I'm actually running out of key and even out key combination.
For a premium mouse at this price, it's a shame not having them, this is something I lack since I bought it a few years ago and still frustrate me. It's not a hard work to do, actually on my GX1000 it was done, so please do something,

Sincerely.

Please post in this thread, if anyone else likes this idea then join the conversation and vote for it. It's difficult to justify adding new features if only 4 or 5 people want it (no matter how many times they post). Ask friends to come vote if necessary 😉
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?127447-Make-Mouse-Improvement-Suggestions-Here!

Bearcat29 wrote:
Hello. Yes I'm actually running out of key and even out key combination.
For a premium mouse at this price, it's a shame not having them, this is something I lack since I bought it a few years ago and still frustrate me. It's not a hard work to do, actually on my GX1000 it was done, so please do something,

Sincerely.

MasterC@ROG wrote:
Please post in this thread, if anyone else likes this idea then join the conversation and vote for it. It's difficult to justify adding new features if only 4 or 5 people want it (no matter how many times they post). Ask friends to come vote if necessary 😉
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?127447-Make-Mouse-Improvement-Suggestions-Here!

I do agree when you point that if no one ask for it or if the number is few its hard to justify the work that is needed to make it happen
But ther are probably ppl that whode love this that dont post on the forum

I have talk to ppl that whode love this for ther mosues and so on and ther think its a good ide but ofc not everone that whants it is going to post on a froume about ti

anyway i really hoppe this is somting that mighe come someday i whanted this sfor like 3-4 years now on my Spartha mouse hehe

I think the problem everyone is experiencing is that mouse keys on every other brand, especially high-end gaming mice,  have programmable keys that are unique, such as mouse buttons 1,2,3,4,5,6, etc. With this mouse, to use the keys, they have to set a keyboard button or some other pointless multimedia option, which this mouse isn't intended for. Who would buy a high-end gaining mouse that is aimed at MMO users and wants to use it for multimedia purposes? 

The mouse is a pretty useless item and many people are complaining about its functionality across the web. This isn't just something 3 or 5 people want and for you to suggest it as such is down right dishonest. ASUS are losing long-time users of your products because of nonsense like this. 

Again, this is built to have functionality but the lazy-designed software doesn't allow it to be used in the way it should. Poor effort

Hi, that's really not helping 😞 This is really an issue. If somebody plays more than 4 games they won't have enough profiles...

Yes each game requires different sets of actions... and that's the point in buying this mouse.