New ROGer Array geekyadz PC Specs
    geekyadz PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG Strix X470-F Gaming
    ProcessorRyzen 7 2700X
    Graphics Card #1Asus ROG STRIX RXVEGA64 O8G GAMING
    CaseCooler Master MC500M
    Power SupplyCorsair AX750

Quote Originally Posted by Alex0915 View Post
    If I post a picture with the case closed it's hard to see anything other than the light because it's a tinted window case. I can post a picture with the case door open. All I see is this bright orange LED which isn't on the extreme lower right but it's sort of halfway to the bottom and halfway to the right from the middle.

I dont see any errors and dont hear any buzzing aside from the weird noise when starting up from a cold boot (loud buzzing sound) which I've had since updating to the new BIOS. That only happens if I boot up from having the UPS/PSU shut off though.
    Please post a picture with your case open

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by dfg555 View Post
    Just wondering if anyone else experience a "sawtooth" effect for AMD Ryzen? Where there are random temperature spikes even on idle? After doing some googling/google images it seems like this is "normal"?
    You can stop it by turning off overclocking. It no longer happens to me.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Alex0915 View Post
    You can stop it by turning off overclocking. It no longer happens to me.
    Well I'm not overclocked just running the default "Auto" settings out of the box for this motherboard with the latest BIOS. Well even the older BIOS versions did this. It seems like this is "normal" for Ryzen as I've previously mentioned searching the web other people have it as well.

I did play around with Performance Enhancer and it seems like it did "fix" the issue, the problem now is that my single core performance suffers. I used to be around 175~ with "Auto" and now I'm down to 150~ with "Level 1".

At the end I'm just going to assume this is a bug that AMD hopefully fixes by Ryzen 3000 and will stick to "Auto" as for the motherboard settings.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by dfg555 View Post
    Well I'm not overclocked just running the default "Auto" settings out of the box for this motherboard with the latest BIOS. Well even the older BIOS versions did this. It seems like this is "normal" for Ryzen as I've previously mentioned searching the web other people have it as well.

I did play around with Performance Enhancer and it seems like it did "fix" the issue, the problem now is that my single core performance suffers. I used to be around 175~ with "Auto" and now I'm down to 150~ with "Level 1".

At the end I'm just going to assume this is a bug that AMD hopefully fixes by Ryzen 3000 and will stick to "Auto" as for the motherboard settings.
    Oh I'm using default settings instead of auto and that also lowered my fan noise and brought temps into the upper 20s

ROG Member Array homdax PC Specs
    homdax PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG Strix X470-F Gaming
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 5 2600X
    Memory (part number)32 GB G.Skill F4-3200C14-8GVH
    Graphics Card #1Asus ROG Strix GTX 1060 6GB
    Monitor2 x Dell U2718Q 4K
    CPU CoolerAMD Wraith
    CaseCorsair Carbide Air 540
    Power SupplyCorsair RM850X
    Keyboard Asus ROG Strix Flare
    Mouse Logitech G703
    Headset Kingston HyperX
    Mouse Pad Logitech Powerplay
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z623
    OS Windws 10 Pro
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC87U

With the release of BIOS 4207 my G.Skill Ripjaws V Black DDR4 PC25600/3200MHz CL14 2x8GB (F4-3200C14D-16GVK) did not work on all 4 modules, after having been able to boot with all inserted. I narrowed it down to the one and same module on all combinations I tried, assuming its somehow broken.

I never achieved 3200MHz speed before, that do work now, even with 3 ram sticks (I lack the 4th). I have returned that ram stick as flawed, but it is kinda strange that a BIOS upgrade could cause this, maybe due to better check of RAM or some, I really don't know.
    Using D.O.C.P 4.

Page 76 of 76 FirstFirst ... 26 66 74 75 76