Storage #2MX500 SATA 500GB
    CPU CoolerCorsair H115i
    CaseNZXT S340 Razer
    Power SupplySeasonic Prime 850W Gold
    Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB
    Mouse Corsair Harpoon
    OS Windows 10 20H2

Quote Originally Posted by ahmad_aljallad View Post
    earlier i posted here about the crash issue which is happening with this motherboard when we use multiple monitoring software when screen goes black (no signal) and you will need to restart the PC from PSU only power button and reset button not working , i just contacted Asus and they recommend me to install the latest drivers , i am not sure if they are aware of the issue , is there anybody contacted issue and they informed him that they are working to resolve this issue
    Provided some details for a different motherboard to asus but not received any convincing reply.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by AniChatt View Post
    Provided some details for a different motherboard to asus but not received any convincing reply.
    They probably won't admit there's an issue until they have a fix for it. Otherwise people might not want to buy the affected motherboards anymore (possibly the entire x470 line up). It would be nice to know whether they are actively working on a fix though, as rampant rumour on the Internet of people having unknown and unresolved issues with Asus x470 motherboards could possibly be worse for Asus than stating they know about it and are working on a fix.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Anyone using nzxt kraken? i'm using x62 with CAM v3.5.90 installed. Randomly causing black screen and can only be hard reset via the power supply switch. No other monitoring software opened though. Once CAM was uninstalled, everything revert back to normal operations. Running on bios 4011

ROG Enthusiast Array

Hmm seems much confused. My bad.
    Attachment 74366
    Look at the attached image. 1 is the cpu temp the sensors at the cpu is reading, and 2 is the temp the mobo is getting from the cpu. In many mobos I have seen this 2 is a bit less than 1 when you start your pc and doing some basic activity. When you stress the cpu, the 1 is shooting like crazy and after some times it gets normalized. But 2 takes more time to reach that normalize temp of 1, but it never spikes like crazy. When you remove stress on cpu the 1 reduces fast but 2 takes time to reduce. You may say some kind of lag is there. Since fans are taking cpu temp data from 2; fans are spinning high when actual cpu temp is low and vice versa.
    But for this mobo you can see both 1 and 2 are exactly same and with load both are showing spikes. To remove this use fan reaction time setting and make it say 5 to 6 seconds. For high volt on vcore, remove the PBO option (set off) and put a manual OC. It will take less voltage for 4.1Ghz or something and you will not see spikes anymore.
    I am so confused right now, what you explained above, is this happening on the original bios or the latest 4011 bios. What advantages am I getting from being on 4011 over the original out the box bios.

ROG Member Array

Have you tried the more conventional oc first before moding base clock? What is the result? Is there any issue during that OC? I have not done BCLK oc but last I have done on the i5-3450 non-overclock-able CPU to achieve 3.91Ghz all core oc on asus P8Z77-v mobo. But that time it was really difficult to stabilize the ram oc since when you push bclk all of your other frequencies get disturbed like ram, pcie bus speed etc. So do a bit more research becs it is not that easy.
    CBP auto means enabled. And for the Prime X470, this board has much better VRM design so yeh it worth it but this board is obviously is poor compred to Crosshair vrms.
    Standard overclock will get to 4.275ghz before it gets unstable. Which isn't bad, but it also hits over 100c under stress tests. (not using stock cooler).

I have currently got the board running on the 'Performance Enhancer' level 4 Stilt OC though, with a 10x scalar on the PBO. IT runs at 4.2ghz all cores, and still boosts to 4.35ghz on single threads. It's not as good as others got from the bclk overclock, but it's not too bad, and it doesn't mess up ram or m2 ssds which is a big plus obviously aha.

Downside is that the voltages do spike to 1.5v on occasion, but under load they generally hold at around 1.44 or 1.45v which I believe is "within safety limits" for the chip?

Scan have given me the option to return the board and change for another one, but I'm now not sure, it would mean an entire dissassembly of the PC and reseating the chip etc etc, and at this point I'll only gain maybe 100mhz... I'm considering it in part because it might mean the board will also be better for Ryzen 2 in the future.

ROG Enthusiast Array

In lamens terms, what should I be doing, sticking to the old bios, with good temps and performance, or going back to 4011 and offsetting the voltage etc?

ROG Enthusiast Array

OK, few updates.

So I updated back to 4011. I cannot find where the menu is for fan delay cannot see it anywhere in bios, anyway I set it to pre configured silent mode. I set a minus offset to vcore of 0.100 set my ram to docp and 3266, log in to windows, with fan on silent config it is not going crazy on idle. However as soon as something like cinebench starts my temp jumps straight to mid 70s, and tops of at 79c, before on original bios was topping off at mid 60s70s.

However, I went back into bios, and to the Core Performance Boost, where I had to accept a disclaimer, I turned both settings to disabled, and there was 1 more setting called MODE0, which I also set to disabled.

Going back to cinebench after doing that my temps max out at mid 60s, just like the original bios. However my clocks are going down to 2.5ghz idle and boosting to 3.95ghz in cinebench and 4.35 at random times, so no idea what CPB does, I thought that's what it does, but I have it disabled and the cores are still doing the same things, but I am saving 10c in temperature just from turning CPB off, can someone explain that to me please.

I am making a little progress I guess, I can use 4011 bios now, with similar temps to the original bios, so it is improvement, thank you.

But I am still very much confused, so greatly appreciate all the help, thank you, Dean.

ROG Member Array andrewtjb12 PC Specs
    andrewtjb12 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Strix x470-f
    ProcessorRyzen 5 3600x
    Memory (part number)CMK16GX4M2A2400C16R
    Graphics Card #1RX 5700 XT
    MonitorLG 25UM58-P
    Storage #1Corsair Force MP510 NVMe
    Storage #2Seagate Barracuda 2tb
    CPU CoolerWraith Cooler
    CaseFractal Design Define R5
    Power SupplyCorsair RM550x
    OS Windows 10 Pro

Glad I’m not the only one with the random blank screen and having to pull the plug to get it to restart. I even bought a new PSU as I thought mine was on the way out but still happens now and again.

This is the first ASUS board so not the best first starts their software seems buggy. I’m also having issues with their sound software sometimes sonic suite randomly doesn’t work I’m also getting distortion when playing music.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by deankenny View Post
    I do apologise in advance, I only just found this dedicated thread after posting my own thread about this board, whoops, my bad. anyway I shall post here in the appropriate place.

So I have brought a brand spanking new 2700x which I have been meaning to do for a while. I recevied it earlier last week and have not had a chance to game or anything fun on it yet due to the sheer amount of problems this motherboard gives me especially on a Bios update.

I usually buy low-end boards just to save money, but been getting a bit more serious now and paid out for my fave brand (Strix) to really get something good going and just to please myself, but issues are alot.

The board came with a 2x bios, I booted up, got to windows, did the usual and downloaded all the correct chipset drivers and such from the Asus website, and of course I see a bios update to 4011, mustn't miss that, downloaded, put onto usb stick and restart initiated.

Upon flashing the new bios on, my cpu fan was going mental, up down up down constantly, 100% even when on idle and not touching the computer for a good hour. Looking at HWMonitor shown volts flucuations from about 1.45v all way up to 1.55v, with temps just as bad, hence the crazy fan. Any sort of cinebench or benchmark resulted in absurd 95+ temp readings. I went back to bios and tried everything imagineable over this week, underclocks, overclocks, enhancement profiles etc etc. Only creating a negative offset to vcore seemed to do anything slightly to settling things down. So with a -0.100 offset, I benchmarked again, fan instantly goes crazy and temps jump from mid 40s to mid 70s within the blink of an eye, it really is quite mental, coming from intel I am not used to this kind of whacky performance.

So after exhausting all options decided to try bios 4008, pretty much the same results as 4011 with the same temperatures.
    So after that went back down to the original 2x out of the box bios, and my god, it felt like peace was restored, everything settled down, voltages are between 0.7-1.4, cores are overclocking to 4.5 even 4.7 on one core, brilliant. Cinebench benchmark gave a top temp reading of only 63c, everything is just 1000 times better than the other bioses, albeit a lower score in cinebench, not by much.

I really don't want to return this gear, I love the look of it now it's all set up, and surely there's a reason for these bios updates, I don't see any release notes which is frustrating too. So what is meant to be improved in 4011 over the previous bios's, by staying on the out of the box bios am I missing out on important zen+ features. I can't honestly be the only one with this chip and board who updated bios and got this issue, I pray to you Asus staff and members, please help me get up and running properly, I love this machine and really want it to work.

Thank you, Dean.

You're getting overclock on the stock cooler of 4.7ghz? At stock settings?

You do realise that I am fairly sure that 4.7ghz is the 'suicide limit' for single core speeds, when using massive overvolting (like 1.7v+) and liquid cooling? As in a couple of reviewers got somewhere that high (though generally they maxed out at 4.4ghz AT BEST) before turning it down because it was going to burn the chip out.

So... I mean it's totally possible that you've burnt out something on the mobo or the chip, if you've been running settings like this.

OR if the chip is actually hitting 4.7ghz on stock settings, and you weren't OCing, then something is definitely broken on the board or the chip, as at stock the chip maxes out at 4.35ghz by design.

Getting any core to hit 4.4ghz with heavy overclocking is a big achievement. Anything more than that and the CPU probably won't live long.

ON the subject of your random fluctuation and 100% speed fans... you have a dud board. I have the exact same board, updated to the new bios same as you did, and the fans work exactly as expected. I hit 85-90c in Aida64 heavy stress tests, but idle temps are more like 40c, with fans barely whispering.

One possibility though, at some point with your bios button pressing, did you change the fans from PWM to DC? the DC settings will cause them to run -at minimum- something like 50% max speed. Though you still shouldn't overheat at all. Cinebench finishes at 75c for me, but I have my system on the OC settings which give me almost 4.2ghz on all cores, so it's about right.

If you're hitting 95c even with max fans on cinebench, I would suspect the solution is either:

1) Bad thermal paste job. Clean the CPU and reseat it with a decent layer of thermal paste.
    2) You've overclocked it badly, perhaps even by accident.

ps.
    Also, 1.55v isn't overvolting, it's totally normal for the chip. Precision boost will max out voltage, depending on temperature headroom and load. It only hits above 1.5v for very very brief peaks. It is normal. Your temps aren't though.

ROG Enthusiast Array

I believe I saw one core at near 4.7 at complete stock, currently with bios updated and PCB turned off, im still getting core boosts up to 4349mhz and minimum of 1996-2751.

Temp on cinebench maxes out now at 65c, fan profile is on PWM and silent profile, not getting the issue with the fans no more since I turned the PCB off, strange thing is the cores are still boosting to 4.35.

I wrote this 2 posts ago, but still awaiting a reply.

Ok this is scary, nothing is overclocked, all I done is a negative vcore offset of -0.100 and max cores are showing nearly 6ghz!!! no idea when it hit that or for how long. Never noticed this on the previous bios. However temp never exceeded 63c on the cpu.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jpk.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	44.3 KB 
ID:	74374
    Last edited by deankenny; 06-22-2018 at 03:27 AM.

Page 6 of 223 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 106 ... LastLast