Page 7 of 223 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 107 ... LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by andrewtjb12 View Post
    Glad I’m not the only one with the random blank screen and having to pull the plug to get it to restart. I even bought a new PSU as I thought mine was on the way out but still happens now and again.

This is the first ASUS board so not the best first starts their software seems buggy. I’m also having issues with their sound software sometimes sonic suite randomly doesn’t work I’m also getting distortion when playing music.
    did you open multiple monitoring software or similarly like mine, affected by nzxt cam software

ROG Member Array andrewtjb12 PC Specs
    andrewtjb12 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Strix x470-f
    ProcessorRyzen 5 3600x
    Memory (part number)CMK16GX4M2A2400C16R
    Graphics Card #1RX 5700 XT
    MonitorLG 25UM58-P
    Storage #1Corsair Force MP510 NVMe
    Storage #2Seagate Barracuda 2tb
    CPU CoolerWraith Cooler
    CaseFractal Design Define R5
    Power SupplyCorsair RM550x
    OS Windows 10 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by fungamer View Post
    did you open multiple monitoring software or similarly like mine, affected by nzxt cam software
    I think the first few times it happened I may have had hwinfo open not 100% sure I was keeping an eye on temps and voltages at one point, but I’ve also seen it freeze in the same way coming out of sleep when I didn’t have any monitoring software running other than ai suite.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by andrewtjb12 View Post
    I think the first few times it happened I may have had hwinfo open not 100% sure I was keeping an eye on temps and voltages at one point, but I’ve also seen it freeze in the same way coming out of sleep when I didn’t have any monitoring software running other than ai suite.
    Talking about freezing i Just had this happen randomly last night out of nowhere after finally getting a little stability. I had changed nothing apart from turning Aura off in bios, racking my brains thinking whats doing this, would do it at idle with nothing open, sometimes a restart sometime just a solid freeze up. So I opened task manager and saw a process for the aura lighting, I ended this process from running, now the pc has been running all night and all of today now with not one hiccup while the PC is being worked on too. Strange but true. I never had any freezes when Aura was on in bios, with aura lighting process running, but i do with aura off and the process still running.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by fungamer View Post
    Anyone using nzxt kraken? i'm using x62 with CAM v3.5.90 installed. Randomly causing black screen and can only be hard reset via the power supply switch. No other monitoring software opened though. Once CAM was uninstalled, everything revert back to normal operations. Running on bios 4011
    I'm running the X62 and CAM 3.5.90. CAM seems to contribute to the "sensor conflict" issue mentioned in this thread. It will still upon occasion reboot my system when I first start it, but it seems to have settled down. It was quite destabilizing when I first built this system, but I chalk that up to having the MSI Gaming App and other HW monitors running.

I have switched my monitoring to HWiNFO and Rainmeter (see attached) running on a GeeekPi 5" monitor in an NZXT S340 Elite. I only start CAM to set my pump LEDs, speed, and fan profile, then shut it back down. So far, so good.

I'm sill on BIOS 4008, as I rolled back while troubleshooting.

HTH,
    -cgmjr

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MyRainmeters.PNG 
Views:	72 
Size:	50.3 KB 
ID:	74389
    Attachment 74390
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos RedRyzen_CaseMonitor.jpg  

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by deankenny View Post
    I believe I saw one core at near 4.7 at complete stock, currently with bios updated and PCB turned off, im still getting core boosts up to 4349mhz and minimum of 1996-2751.

Temp on cinebench maxes out now at 65c, fan profile is on PWM and silent profile, not getting the issue with the fans no more since I turned the PCB off, strange thing is the cores are still boosting to 4.35.

I wrote this 2 posts ago, but still awaiting a reply.

Ok this is scary, nothing is overclocked, all I done is a negative vcore offset of -0.100 and max cores are showing nearly 6ghz!!! no idea when it hit that or for how long. Never noticed this on the previous bios. However temp never exceeded 63c on the cpu.

Attachment 74374

I don't understand why noone else is commenting on this.

6ghz? You realise that the only person -world wide- who has reached 6ghz with this chip is using liquid nitrogen to cool it. And I think it was running at like 2 volts and was stable for a brief time.

Something is very wrong with your system. Your chip is not running that fast.

Have you done a cinebench run? Whats your results?

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by nirurin View Post
    I don't understand why noone else is commenting on this.

6ghz? You realise that the only person -world wide- who has reached 6ghz with this chip is using liquid nitrogen to cool it. And I think it was running at like 2 volts and was stable for a brief time.

Something is very wrong with your system. Your chip is not running that fast.

Have you done a cinebench run? Whats your results?
    Cinebench scores between 1700-1800 on average depending on background tasks. I watched this for a solid 20 mins, and it never went over 4.35ghz, I reset the timers too, did not take my eyes off it, yet it still reported max as 6ghz again. Speaking to my friend today using same monitering software he said his max has shown 11ghz (11000) before.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by deankenny View Post
    Cinebench scores between 1700-1800 on average depending on background tasks. I watched this for a solid 20 mins, and it never went over 4.35ghz, I reset the timers too, did not take my eyes off it, yet it still reported max as 6ghz again. Speaking to my friend today using same monitering software he said his max has shown 11ghz (11000) before.
    Yeh, 1700-1800 is what you'd expect on normal stock settings, means you're getting about 4040mhz on all cores.

So yeh your reporting software is buggy. Are you using HWINFO? It looks similar, but I've never known HWINFO to have weird readings like that.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by nirurin View Post
    Yeh, 1700-1800 is what you'd expect on normal stock settings, means you're getting about 4040mhz on all cores.

So yeh your reporting software is buggy. Are you using HWINFO? It looks similar, but I've never known HWINFO to have weird readings like that.
    No that was using HWmonitor. It has got me worried a little.

EDIT: I have closed HWMonitor and am now using HWinfo64 instead to see if the same happens, so far an hour has passed and the max speed has been 4355mhz
    Last edited by deankenny; 06-23-2018 at 02:09 AM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by cgmjr View Post
    I'm running the X62 and CAM 3.5.90. CAM seems to contribute to the "sensor conflict" issue mentioned in this thread. It will still upon occasion reboot my system when I first start it, but it seems to have settled down. It was quite destabilizing when I first built this system, but I chalk that up to having the MSI Gaming App and other HW monitors running.

I have switched my monitoring to HWiNFO and Rainmeter (see attached) running on a GeeekPi 5" monitor in an NZXT S340 Elite. I only start CAM to set my pump LEDs, speed, and fan profile, then shut it back down. So far, so good.

I'm sill on BIOS 4008, as I rolled back while troubleshooting.

HTH,
    -cgmjr

Not sure if the built in Intel overclocking tool causing the conflicts or the CAM has more issues on Asus mobos. There's been saying CAM has lots of issues on windows 10. I have to do a re-installing of CAM whenever I need to make changes and make sure auto start function is disabled upon rebooting. Otherwise, whenever CAM is running, it gives me black screen/freeze. Running on bios 4011 and windows 1803.

New ROGer Array

With my new Strix X470-F I am having boot issues. The system starts, shuts down after three seconds, then automatically restarts and boot normally. This happens with all settings in default, OC and only in the first cold boot:

I have done tests with AIDA64, Prime, Cinebench, MemTest86 and everything works fine.

specs:
    Ryzen R7 1700 (3.7 ghz).
    Corsair LPX CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 (3200 mhz).
    Seasonic M12II 620W Bronze EVO.
    Sapphire RX 480 8GB.
    Last edited by sarcasman; 06-24-2018 at 08:42 PM.

Page 7 of 223 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 107 ... LastLast