Page 209 of 211 FirstFirst ... 109 159 199 207 208 209 210 211 LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,090 of 2102
    ROG Member Array

Hi everyone, recently I learned that this board supports pci4.0 and it actually does according to HW info, anyway I was wondering if the nvme(main) would benefit from a 4.0 nvme gen , because the ,manual says its 3.0 but the gpu is supported at 4.0

Thanks in advance

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Davemaster84 View Post
    Hi everyone, recently I learned that this board supports pci4.0 and it actually does according to HW info, anyway I was wondering if the nvme(main) would benefit from a 4.0 nvme gen , because the ,manual says its 3.0 but the gpu is supported at 4.0

Thanks in advance
    It doesn't have the circuitry for 4.0, it'll run but speed difference when you already have NVME is negligible IRL.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by hodges.joseph91 View Post
    It doesn't have the circuitry for 4.0, it'll run but speed difference when you already have NVME is negligible IRL.
    Thanks a lot, I'll aim for a 3.0 nvme instead.

ROG Member Array

Asking again (tried google but didn't get an answer) I know that the 1st nvm slot is connected to the cpu and the 2nd to the pcie , I want to get an nvme but I'm almost certain my noctua nhd15 will get on the way (already took it off recently for a new cpu so not in the mood to do it again), so I was wondering if it would be too awful to connect the nvme to the second slot , Ive a 3080 so I wonder if using it at 8bit instead of 16 would cause any trouble.

Thanks in advance

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Davemaster84 View Post
    Asking again (tried google but didn't get an answer) I know that the 1st nvm slot is connected to the cpu and the 2nd to the pcie , I want to get an nvme but I'm almost certain my noctua nhd15 will get on the way (already took it off recently for a new cpu so not in the mood to do it again), so I was wondering if it would be too awful to connect the nvme to the second slot , Ive a 3080 so I wonder if using it at 8bit instead of 16 would cause any trouble.

Thanks in advance
    As far as I know, both NVME slots will run at full speed. PCI-E is just what the data is transferred through not 8x/16x like the slots themselves. I'd consult the manual though if I were you. I think it'll be fine.

ROG Enthusiast Array Filters PC Specs
    Filters PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Rog X470-F
    ProcessorRyzen 5 3600X
    Memory (part number)TridentZ F4-3200C14-8GTZ
    Graphics Card #1Msi Gtx 1070 Gaming 8g
    Storage #1Samsung Evo850
    Storage #2Crucial MX300 M.2
    CPU CoolerCustom Water loop EK
    CaseFractal Design R5
    Power SupplyEvga 650 P2
    OS Win10Pro

Quote Originally Posted by hodges.joseph91 View Post
    As far as I know, both NVME slots will run at full speed. PCI-E is just what the data is transferred through not 8x/16x like the slots themselves. I'd consult the manual though if I were you. I think it'll be fine.
    Thats not true on this mobo, only the first slot ( the one whit the heatsink ) is nvme. The other one is not

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Filters View Post
    Thats not true on this mobo, only the first slot ( the one whit the heatsink ) is nvme. The other one is not
    Both the m.2 slots are able to run nvme. The 1st slot is coming off a PCIE link from the CPU where the 2nd slot comes off a PCIE link from the chipset. Overall the performance difference most people will see in daily use is negligible for most users.

Right from the manual: M.2_1 socket supports PCIe 3.0 x4 mode and SATA and the M.2_2 socket supports PCIe 3.0 x2 mode and SATA

Only when PCIe x1_1 or PCIe x1_3 is being used the M.2_2 socket runs in SATA mode.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by xacid View Post
    Both the m.2 slots are able to run nvme. The 1st slot is coming off a PCIE link from the CPU where the 2nd slot comes off a PCIE link from the chipset. Overall the performance difference most people will see in daily use is negligible for most users.

Right from the manual: M.2_1 socket supports PCIe 3.0 x4 mode and SATA and the M.2_2 socket supports PCIe 3.0 x2 mode and SATA

Only when PCIe x1_1 or PCIe x1_3 is being used the M.2_2 socket runs in SATA mode.
    ^^ Correct and Confirmed ^^

Have been running 2 NVME drives for a while now. No appreciable difference in daily use. OS is however installed on M.2_1 drive.

M.2_1 = Samsung PM981
    M.2_2 = Crucial P1

No PCIe x1 slots are being used.

ROG Member Array

[QUOTE=MadGoat;834892]^^ Correct and Confirmed ^^

Have been running 2 NVME drives for a while now. No appreciable difference in daily use. OS is however installed on M.2_1 drive.

M.2_1 = Samsung PM981
    M.2_2 = Crucial P1

No PCIe x1 slots are being used.[/QUOThanks a lot, it means you are not using a gpu?

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by xacid View Post

Thanks , but this would mean that any gpu would make the lower slot to run sata right?

Page 209 of 211 FirstFirst ... 109 159 199 207 208 209 210 211 LastLast