Page 103 of 192 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 101 102 103 104 105 113 153 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1912
    ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by ayonarith View Post
    I know this has already been discussed multiple times, but has anyone figured out to lower the cpu temps on this motherboard? at first i thought it was my cooler not working, so i reapplied thermal paste and reseated the cooler to make sure it was completely tightened. temps were slightly better but still idling in between the 50s and occastionlly jump to 60. i have a friend with the same exact build but with an aorus x470 motherboard, and he idles in the 30s. I thought i just got a bad cpu but then i came arcoss this thread with many others having the same issue. any recommendations?

Thanks in advance..
    Are you using windows balanced power plan? If not do so to have your cores and voltage go down while idling. If you're using high performance mode this could cause your high idling temp due to voltage.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by norman_87 View Post
    Are you using windows balanced power plan? If not do so to have your cores and voltage go down while idling. If you're using high performance mode this could cause your high idling temp due to voltage.
    I did have it at the ryzen balanced but I noticed the CPU stays boosted so I changed it to windows balanced, so now it just jumps around but temps are still the same.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by ArjenP View Post
    As far as I can tell this board just has very high default voltages. My temps use to be in the 50s on idle before I made some changes. All I had to do is set PE to default, PBO settings manually to 1000/114/168 (which is the same as PE auto on 4207 and earlier biosses if I'm not mistaken) and a -0.1v cpu offset.

These are my idle temps now
    Attachment 80051

Were there any performance decrease with these changes? Also what's your setup? I'm running a ryzen 7 2700x gskill trident 3200mhz with a kraken x62 aio. Also I'm still in a earlier bios which is 4018. Havnt updated cuz I cant find the chipsets needed to update bios.

ROG Enthusiast Array ArjenP PC Specs
    ArjenP PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)HP Power Pavilion 15-cb030nd
    MotherboardAsus Strix X470-F Gaming
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 2700X
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance LPX CMK16GX4M2B3200C16
    Graphics Card #1Asus ROG STRIX GTX1070 OC
    MonitorDell U2515H + AOC C24G1
    Storage #1Crucial MX500 1TB
    Storage #2Samsung 840 EVO 250GB
    CPU CoolerCorsair H115i Pro RGB
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX TG
    Power SupplySeasonic Prime Ultra Gold 650W
    Keyboard Cooler Master Masterkeys Pro S RGB cherry red
    Mouse Logitech G Pro Wireless
    Headset HyperX Cloud Flight
    Mouse Pad Cooler master MP510 XL
    Headset/Speakers AudioEngine 2+
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64 EN
    Network RouterNetgear Nighthawk R7000
    Accessory #1 Schiit Modi 2
    Accessory #2 Schiit Magni 3
    Accessory #3 Sennheiser HD6XX

Were there any performance decrease with these changes? Also what's your setup? I'm running a ryzen 7 2700x gskill trident 3200mhz with a kraken x62 aio. Also I'm still in a earlier bios which is 4018. Havnt updated cuz I cant find the chipsets needed to update bios.
    There is no performance decrease since it is essentially nothing more than an undervolt. All core is 4.15GHz, single core is 4.35Ghz. The only reason I used the manual PBO settings is because in the latest bios the Performance Enhancement (PE) setting all of a sudden had different PBO values than the biosses before. In your bios you should achieve the same with performance enhancement on auto and a -0.075v to -0.125v cpu offset (I think most cpus can do atleast -0.075v). Im running a 2700x with 3200MHz Corsair ram and a Corsair H115i Pro

ROG Enthusiast Array ArjenP PC Specs
    ArjenP PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)HP Power Pavilion 15-cb030nd
    MotherboardAsus Strix X470-F Gaming
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 2700X
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance LPX CMK16GX4M2B3200C16
    Graphics Card #1Asus ROG STRIX GTX1070 OC
    MonitorDell U2515H + AOC C24G1
    Storage #1Crucial MX500 1TB
    Storage #2Samsung 840 EVO 250GB
    CPU CoolerCorsair H115i Pro RGB
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX TG
    Power SupplySeasonic Prime Ultra Gold 650W
    Keyboard Cooler Master Masterkeys Pro S RGB cherry red
    Mouse Logitech G Pro Wireless
    Headset HyperX Cloud Flight
    Mouse Pad Cooler master MP510 XL
    Headset/Speakers AudioEngine 2+
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64 EN
    Network RouterNetgear Nighthawk R7000
    Accessory #1 Schiit Modi 2
    Accessory #2 Schiit Magni 3
    Accessory #3 Sennheiser HD6XX

Also here's the lastest official chipset driver which I downloaded on april 8th. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoIpmNCxLXQKgfB15x-dBw_pkB5GiQ (hope I did the permissions right)

ROG Member Array

Latest Chipset Driver is up

Hey Guys so i contacted Asus about the chipset drivers not being up for our motherboards, and since they couldnt find it they made it into high priority. Today they contacted me about it and now the chipset drivers are up on their website.

ROG Enthusiast Array

since i downgraded bios to 4207, everything works perfect, ty everyone who helped me!

ROG Guru: White Belt Array Alcolawl PC Specs
    Alcolawl PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Strix X470-F Gaming
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 3700X
    Memory (part number)G.Skill F4-346616D-16GTZKW
    Graphics Card #1AMD Radeon VII
    Sound CardCreative Sound BlasterX AE-5
    MonitorViotek GN27D
    Storage #1Samsung 860 EVO
    Storage #2ADATA SU800
    CPU CoolerArctic Freezer 34 eSports ONE
    CaseFractal Design Define R6
    Power SupplyFSP Group Hydro G 650W
    Keyboard Ducky Shine 7
    Mouse SteelSeries Rival 300 Black
    Headset HyperX Cloud II
    Mouse Pad SteelSeries QcK
    Headset/Speakers Klipsch ProMedia 2.1
    OS Windows 10 x64
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC1900

Hey Guys so i contacted Asus about the chipset drivers not being up for our motherboards, and since they couldnt find it they made it into high priority. Today they contacted me about it and now the chipset drivers are up on their website.
    I hope everyone realizes that AMD's AM4 Chipset drivers haven't been updated since October of last year. There's literally no reason to download the Chipset drivers from the ASUS website.

ROG Member Array

i made some changes in bios and tried undervolting but saw little to no change.. debating if i should just go with a different motherboard to avoid the hassle.

New ROGer Array

Question

Hey All,

I’m having an issue regarding my new M.2 SSD and RTX graphics cards that I’m hoping someone can help me out with. The issue arises when I install my M.2 NVMe. Before installing, my 2 RTX’s with NVLink worked perfectly fine. After installing the M.2, my computer would not boot into windows. I would get the windows icon when booting up and the PC would freeze on that screen. So I booted into safe mode, went into my device manager and uninstalled my Nvidia RTX Cards. I then restarted my PC and it booted successfully with the M.2 SSD being recognized by windows. I installed the latest Nvidia Driver and the RTX cards show up in my device manager without any issue. However, whenever I try to access the Nvidia Control Panel, an error message pops up stating “Your display is not attached to a nvidia gpu”. I also cannot change my resolution to anything above 1920x1080 (I have a 3440x1440 screen). I made sure that my monitor is plugged into one of my cards. I also went onto GPU-Z and it shows that both NVidia cards are running in PCIe 3.0x8, which is normal.

I am using an Asus X470-F motherboard. In the user manual it states that there are 2 M.2 slots with the following features:

For AMD Ryzen 2 Generation with Radeon Vega Graphics, the M.2_1 socket supports PCIe3.0 x4 mode and SATA mode M Key design and type 2242/2260/2280/22110 storage devices.
    The M.2_2 socket supports PCIe 3.0x2 mode and SATA mode M Key design and type 2242/2260/2280 storage devices.
    The M.2_2 socket shares PCIe clock with PCIe x1_1. When PCIe x1_1 or PCIe x1_3 is occupied, the M.2_2 socket can only support SATA mode.
    I bought the “Western Digital WD BLACK SN750 1TB NVMe Internal Gaming SSD - Gen3 PCIe, M.2 2280, 3D NAND - WDS100T3X0C”

Currently, the M.2 SSD is installed in the M.2_1 socket. Could the issue be that I am running my two Nvidia RTX cards in SLI in PCIe3.0 x8 mode, while trying to use the M.2_1 socket that runs in PCIe3.0 x4 mode? The motherboard only has two PCIe 3.0 expansion slots (which are both occupied by the GPU’s). And I don’t want to run the SSD in SATA mode because then I won’t be using the NVMe device to its fullest. I do have a Wifi card plugged into the PCIe x1_3 slot, however, this should only affect the SSD if it is plugged into socket M.2_2, which it is not.

If you have any suggestions, I’m all ears! Thanks

Page 103 of 192 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 101 102 103 104 105 113 153 ... LastLast