Page 184 of 185 FirstFirst ... 84 134 174 182 183 184 185 LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,840 of 1844
  1. #1831
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    1

    Quote Originally Posted by Bender88 View Post
    Hi everyone, I've released a Bios Mod for our motherboard. I don't use this forum every day so If you want to give feedback please do it in the mod thread. https://www.overclock.net/forum/11-a...-bios-mod.html

    Use at your own risk
    Would it be possible to get the default bios options + SSCdisabled saved into a bios profile such as SexySale85 did with the 5220 bios?

  2. #1832
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    18

    Quote Originally Posted by Rockford View Post
    i would like to tell users to be very restrictive installing modified bios version from unknown sources!
    If just Asus could release a good bios for this "premium" board, people would not need to resort to modified bios.

  3. #1833
    ROG Guru: Platinum Belt Array Rockford PC Specs
    Rockford PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG STRIX B450-I GAMING
    ProcessorRYZEN 2700X
    Memory (part number)CRUCIAL BALLISTIX TACTICAL 2X4GB
    Graphics Card #1ASUS GEFORCE GTX 970 DC2OC BLACK
    MonitorDELL U SERIES
    Storage #1KINGSTON A400 120GB SATA III
    Storage #2KINGSTON A400 480GB SATA III
    CPU CoolerRYZEN WRAITH PRISM
    CaseBENCH
    Power SupplyEVGA SUPERNOVA G2 650W
    Keyboard DUCKY TKL MEKA
    Mouse CORSAIR HARPOON
    Headset ASTRO A50 WIRELESS
    Accessory #1 WIFE
    Rockford's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Reputation
    263
    Posts
    6,289

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarronco View Post
    If just Asus could release a good bios for this "premium" board, people would not need to resort to modified bios.
    yes i agree, its a total failure from Asus side with the AM4 platform bios updates

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	failure-man-arrow-bullseye-miss.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	48.8 KB 
ID:	83910
    Last edited by Rockford; 01-25-2020 at 01:57 PM.

  4. #1834
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    3

    Question Also seeking some guidance.....

    Hi guys, let me just start off by saying this thread has been an insane amount of help, along with a few others on the internet. Thank you all so much.

    So lets get down to it. I am having the worst time getting my system to be stable, random blue screens for all sorts of reasons.

    Ryzen 2700x
    Corsair Vengeance pro rgb 32gb 3200mhz (16-18-18-36)
    Rog strix x470-f bios 4207

    I have been chasing down timings for a month now, and ended up finding a couple of users who posted decent timings that got me at least booting with manually input timings. D.O.C.P does not work well.

    However I am still having issues and was wondering if anyone could help me get this finally sorted out.

    I am running the timings from DRAM calculator 1.6.2
    Ryzen 2 gen
    Memory type set to Samsung OEM - as suggested on a forum by a user who found this more closely matches than the supposed samsung b die that this ram is
    Version 1 Rank 2

    https://imgur.com/a/KWRFSPs

    ^ the settings in the second image get me booted by manually entering them.
    I then tried to modify each setting to match some of the first image and still havent been able to achieve anything I can really trust.
    Trying to boot from settings with odd timings on the main timings ended in non post and the need to reset bios.

    Any help?

  5. #1835
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    8

    Suspend/Sleep mode problem

    Hello everyone.
    Recently I wanted to use the suspend/sleep mode (suspend to ram) instead of turning off the machine but the system wakes up without touching the peripherals. The self-wake up happens at unpredictable times, like right after the command or 30 minutes later. The problem happens both with window10 and with ubuntu linux, so I thought that the problem may be a particular option in the MB bios. I tried to search for "wake up" keywords but without success.
    Any suggestion?

  6. #1836
    ROG Guru: Platinum Belt Array Rockford PC Specs
    Rockford PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG STRIX B450-I GAMING
    ProcessorRYZEN 2700X
    Memory (part number)CRUCIAL BALLISTIX TACTICAL 2X4GB
    Graphics Card #1ASUS GEFORCE GTX 970 DC2OC BLACK
    MonitorDELL U SERIES
    Storage #1KINGSTON A400 120GB SATA III
    Storage #2KINGSTON A400 480GB SATA III
    CPU CoolerRYZEN WRAITH PRISM
    CaseBENCH
    Power SupplyEVGA SUPERNOVA G2 650W
    Keyboard DUCKY TKL MEKA
    Mouse CORSAIR HARPOON
    Headset ASTRO A50 WIRELESS
    Accessory #1 WIFE
    Rockford's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Reputation
    263
    Posts
    6,289

    Quote Originally Posted by creten93 View Post
    Hi guys, let me just start off by saying this thread has been an insane amount of help, along with a few others on the internet. Thank you all so much.

    So lets get down to it. I am having the worst time getting my system to be stable, random blue screens for all sorts of reasons.

    Ryzen 2700x
    Corsair Vengeance pro rgb 32gb 3200mhz (16-18-18-36)
    Rog strix x470-f bios 4207

    I have been chasing down timings for a month now, and ended up finding a couple of users who posted decent timings that got me at least booting with manually input timings. D.O.C.P does not work well.

    However I am still having issues and was wondering if anyone could help me get this finally sorted out.

    I am running the timings from DRAM calculator 1.6.2
    Ryzen 2 gen
    Memory type set to Samsung OEM - as suggested on a forum by a user who found this more closely matches than the supposed samsung b die that this ram is
    Version 1 Rank 2

    https://imgur.com/a/KWRFSPs

    ^ the settings in the second image get me booted by manually entering them.
    I then tried to modify each setting to match some of the first image and still havent been able to achieve anything I can really trust.
    Trying to boot from settings with odd timings on the main timings ended in non post and the need to reset bios.

    Any help?
    here is some simplified custom ram timings/settings @3200mhz
    https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...ble-memory-AM4

    you have some weird settings/timings in the image you posted, i dont have the stamina to go into them here

    example: Cl16 and TCWL18 is degrading performance much, keep CL (cas latency) and TCWL (tertiary cas write latency) on the same floor at least

    TCWL above CL can be useful for benchmarking memory very high for screenshot (easier to boot up at extreme memory frequency)

    a tips: don't start inputting most of the timings manually without knowing what they actually do, your motherboard will do this just fine at 3200mhz for you, with most settings left on auto (focus on the primaries or you will have a mess)

    something like this would work for your memory:
    3200mhz :16.16.16.16.34 (high performance modules) or 16.16.16.16.36 (home safe) TCWL16 @dram1,36v
    if you notice that the motherboard is overcompensating for some of the timings you manually set, disable gear down and power down for full user control
    example: you set in bios 16.16.16.34 but in cpu-z it shows 18.16.16.34 TCWL16->TCWL18 and so on (sh*t is drifting)

    good luck

    ps; TCWL was TWCL before if i am not mistaking (disclaimer)
    Last edited by Rockford; 01-26-2020 at 07:35 PM.

  7. #1837
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    14

    Quote Originally Posted by Ziltoid View Post
    Hello everyone.
    Recently I wanted to use the suspend/sleep mode (suspend to ram) instead of turning off the machine but the system wakes up without touching the peripherals. The self-wake up happens at unpredictable times, like right after the command or 30 minutes later. The problem happens both with window10 and with ubuntu linux, so I thought that the problem may be a particular option in the MB bios. I tried to search for "wake up" keywords but without success.
    Any suggestion?
    Next time your system wakes up without a reason, try to use "powercfg -lastwake" from the cmd-line to view the event-reason.


    Today, for the first time and w/ BIOS 5406, all fans decided to stop turning, ignoring custom fans curves set up in BIOS !
    This is getting ridiculous and support here in Greece insists to use only Asus Suite III or return the motherboard for RMA !
    I really want to know your country's Asus support replies for BIOS issues to determine if the problem is only Asus Greece support department or a global one.
    Last edited by timiman; 01-27-2020 at 06:11 PM.

  8. #1838
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    3

    Quote Originally Posted by Rockford View Post
    here is some simplified custom ram timings/settings @3200mhz
    https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...ble-memory-AM4

    you have some weird settings/timings in the image you posted, i dont have the stamina to go into them here

    example: Cl16 and TCWL18 is degrading performance much, keep CL (cas latency) and TCWL (tertiary cas write latency) on the same floor at least

    TCWL above CL can be useful for benchmarking memory very high for screenshot (easier to boot up at extreme memory frequency)

    a tips: don't start inputting most of the timings manually without knowing what they actually do, your motherboard will do this just fine at 3200mhz for you, with most settings left on auto (focus on the primaries or you will have a mess)

    something like this would work for your memory:
    3200mhz :16.16.16.16.34 (high performance modules) or 16.16.16.16.36 (home safe) TCWL16 @dram1,36v
    if you notice that the motherboard is overcompensating for some of the timings you manually set, disable gear down and power down for full user control
    example: you set in bios 16.16.16.34 but in cpu-z it shows 18.16.16.34 TCWL16->TCWL18 and so on (sh*t is drifting)

    good luck

    ps; TCWL was TWCL before if i am not mistaking (disclaimer)


    So in the DRam calculator for ryzen, my tcl and tcwl are both 16. Are you saying that I should drop down my trcdwr/trcdrd and trp to 16 as well?
    I merely used what the DRAM calculator recommended as it was the only thing that got me booting at 3200mhz

  9. #1839
    ROG Guru: Platinum Belt Array Rockford PC Specs
    Rockford PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG STRIX B450-I GAMING
    ProcessorRYZEN 2700X
    Memory (part number)CRUCIAL BALLISTIX TACTICAL 2X4GB
    Graphics Card #1ASUS GEFORCE GTX 970 DC2OC BLACK
    MonitorDELL U SERIES
    Storage #1KINGSTON A400 120GB SATA III
    Storage #2KINGSTON A400 480GB SATA III
    CPU CoolerRYZEN WRAITH PRISM
    CaseBENCH
    Power SupplyEVGA SUPERNOVA G2 650W
    Keyboard DUCKY TKL MEKA
    Mouse CORSAIR HARPOON
    Headset ASTRO A50 WIRELESS
    Accessory #1 WIFE
    Rockford's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Reputation
    263
    Posts
    6,289

    no i did not say anything about trcdwr/trcdrd, since most of the timings can be left on auto for best result

    i have not tried that calculator, but it seem to work for many users

    and if your system is stable and perform well with the calculator settings there is little reason to change the settings

    what i am saying is that the motherboard is fully capable of setting most of the timings without manual adjustment @3200mhz
    Last edited by Rockford; 01-28-2020 at 05:38 PM.

  10. #1840
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    3

    Quote Originally Posted by Rockford View Post
    no i did not say anything about trcdwr/trcdrd, since most of the timings can be left on auto for best result

    i have not tried that calculator, but it seem to work for many users

    and if your system is stable and perform well with the calculator settings there is little reason to change the settings

    what i am saying is that the motherboard is fully capable of setting most of the timings without manual adjustment @3200mhz
    Right, I appreciate the help. This is something that tons of users experience with this mobo/ram/cpu combo. I am not sure what you think was so off about them as you would not elaborate. The tCWL and tCL were both at 16 in the image I posted from the DRAM calculator, which is why your reply was confusing to me.

    This motherboard likes to set the tRC super high when using auto settings, I am aware of the motherboards ability to auto select timings, but as stated I have not been able to achieve much stability. D. O. C. P fails, and when using the settings/method you suggested it will not post at 3200mhz, most is 3000mhz and its not stable as it had ram issues (beep codes) before turning on after work today (which required unplugging psu and holding power button in order to boot again).

    I then lowered the voltage and removed the tRC of 58 that I had manually set and it boots, but shows a tRC of 70 now - plus I doubt that it gained any sort of stability.

    Honestly looking for another user with a similar setup that has gone through the same struggles as I am.

Page 184 of 185 FirstFirst ... 84 134 174 182 183 184 185 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •