Page 179 of 187 FirstFirst ... 79 129 169 177 178 179 180 181 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,790 of 1870
    ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Aeratiel View Post
    BTW how did u downgraded ur bios? I tried guide I use before and it was getting me error about bios size don't match, I found another way using flashrom.exe. I flashed clear bios rom without sn uuid and Mac address, is it safe to flash using this flasher to flash modes bios with my sn and other stuff?
    Same way as you upgrade (via bios), bios file on pendisk and select it from menu.

ROG Enthusiast Array Filters PC Specs
    Filters PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Rog X470-F
    ProcessorRyzen 5 3600X
    Memory (part number)TridentZ F4-3200C14-8GTZ
    Graphics Card #1Msi Gtx 1070 Gaming 8g
    Storage #1Samsung Evo850
    Storage #2Crucial MX300 M.2
    CPU CoolerCustom Water loop EK
    CaseFractal Design R5
    Power SupplyEvga 650 P2
    OS Win10Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Bender88 View Post
    I managed to mod the latest bios with spread spectrum enabled all the AMD CBS menu's with memory training settings etc. I'll have to test and tweak some more and then I'll share it with you guys.
    any luck you did ?

New ROGer Array

what is the solution to the constant dram led at startup ...

any solution ???

is it a problem with the lastest BIOS ?

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Aeratiel View Post
    Guys I'm on latest bios, updated my 2600 for 3600x and it won't post, I get dram led, with 2600 it's posts with no problems. I tried to reset bios and it won't help.
    any solution for your problem ??? got the same

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Speed3Hunter View Post
    any solution for your problem ??? got the same
    i take my ryzen to service and it won't post on their rig too, so looks like problem with cpu itself

ROG Enthusiast Array

but someone here has same problem and downgrade bios helps him

New ROGer Array

I can do nothing ... my system doesn't boot up ... I remove everything on the mobo and still got the dram qled ... so I can't downgrade the BIOS ...

what else I can do ?

New ROGer Array

Lightbulb

If only you guys had 3 years of warranty...
    Just bring it to your local supplier or a service center if you don't need to apply to the shop that sold it to you.

If you cannot flash the version of BIOS that you want, using regular inbuilt flash utility - there's another method:
    AGESA FW stack patched bioses for 3rd gen and then Demonstration Tutorial for it.
    But before you do any flashing - you must backup your unique numbers, otherwise you will lose some of them forever. To do that, unpack the .CMD file from this archive, run it as Admin, when it's finished - go to \Windows\system32 and find the FD44Editor.txt file and move it wherever it's safe to keep it, check if it really contains your unique MAC, UUID and S/N, then you remove the capsule from your desirable BIOS file downloaded from the ASUS support page (in the case of 32 megabytes BIOS files remove first 1000h with let's say HxD - open your .CAP file, press Ctrl+G, enter 1000 and press OK and then remove everything above it, after that your 5406 BIOS file should start with 55 aa 7f e9 29 02 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 and its size should be 33554432 bytes), open it with FD44Editor and add your unique numbers in respective fields and then save the result and flash it with flashrom.

It doesn't mean you shouldn't make a backup of your current BIOS anyway like it says in the Demonstration Tutorial. And always remember - using 3rd party utilities can easily brick your beloved PC (apparently flashrom can stop responding, it happened to me, thankfully it was when I tried to make a backup of my current BIOS), of course you can always buy a BIOS programmer and flash it directly to your BIOS chip, but unless you're willing to do all of that stuff - better don't mess with it. Personally I clear CMOS before and after BIOS flashing, and I guess it's enough to have no issues.

By the way boys and girls, ASUS published Chipset - Version 19.30.28 (2019/12/20) and somehow its size is 370.31 MBytes (for comparison - AMD Chipset Drivers 1.11.22.0454 (11/25/2019)'s size is only 50.1 MB so it's a bit weird - what could ASUS add to it?.. And I'm not even sure it's the latest chipset driver...). Does somebody want to try it?..

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Long_Y0! View Post
    If only you guys had 3 years of warranty...
    Just bring it to your local supplier or a service center if you don't need to apply to the shop that sold it to you.

If you cannot flash the version of BIOS that you want, using regular inbuilt flash utility - there's another method:
    AGESA FW stack patched bioses for 3rd gen and then Demonstration Tutorial for it.
    But before you do any flashing - you must backup your unique numbers, otherwise you will lose some of them forever. To do that, unpack the .CMD file from this archive, run it as Admin, when it's finished - go to \Windows\system32 and find the FD44Editor.txt file and move it wherever it's safe to keep it, check if it really contains your unique MAC, UUID and S/N, then you remove the capsule from your desirable BIOS file downloaded from the ASUS support page (in the case of 32 megabytes BIOS files remove first 1000h with let's say HxD - open your .CAP file, press Ctrl+G, enter 1000 and press OK and then remove everything above it, after that your 5406 BIOS file should start with 55 aa 7f e9 29 02 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 and its size should be 33554432 bytes), open it with FD44Editor and add your unique numbers in respective fields and then save the result and flash it with flashrom.

It doesn't mean you shouldn't make a backup of your current BIOS anyway like it says in the Demonstration Tutorial. And always remember - using 3rd party utilities can easily brick your beloved PC (apparently flashrom can stop responding, it happened to me, thankfully it was when I tried to make a backup of my current BIOS), of course you can always buy a BIOS programmer and flash it directly to your BIOS chip, but unless you're willing to do all of that stuff - better don't mess with it. Personally I clear CMOS before and after BIOS flashing, and I guess it's enough to have no issues.

By the way boys and girls, ASUS published Chipset - Version 19.30.28 (2019/12/20) and somehow its size is 370.31 MBytes (for comparison - AMD Chipset Drivers 1.11.22.0454 (11/25/2019)'s size is only 50.1 MB so it's a bit weird - what could ASUS add to it?.. And I'm not even sure it's the latest chipset driver...). Does somebody want to try it?..

bw there is moded bios on this site for our mb 5216, does someone tried it?

ROG Member Array

Again problem with Q-Fan...
    Just updated from 4804 to 5406 (w/ defaults loaded of course), trying to reduce the start-up time and the random failed tries to boot.
    Indeed the start-up cold-boot time reduced by some seconds and up to now the boot sequence did not fail even once.
    But.... Again problem with the Asus WMI platform. Randomly a specific fan (running in PWM Mode) evolves in full speed,
    ignoring the Q-Fan profile. Only a full shutdown and restart causes the fan to follow the Q-Fan profile again.
    Its been a year when this issue first happened and still returning to the same fan issue after so many BIOS versions.
    It could be worst, like fans stopped turning -with the first BIOS versions, but this is a major failure regarding this M/B
    and all other models this issue also exists.

PS. Long_Y0! is right. What's about the Chipset Drivers of 12/20/2019 ? Have anyone tried them ? All we need now is another
    beta testing...
    Last edited by timiman; 12-23-2019 at 06:21 AM.

Page 179 of 187 FirstFirst ... 79 129 169 177 178 179 180 181 ... LastLast