Sound CardCreAtive Soundblaster Z
    CPU CoolerCorsair H100i SE Platinum (White) with 2 LL Fans
    CasePhanteks Evolv X
    Power SupplySeasonic Snow Silent 750W Platinum Rated
    OS Windows 10 Professional
    Accessory #1 x3 ThermalTake Riing Trio Plus Fans with hub

Motherboard - I/O lighting odd behaviour

Hi all,

I have an issue with a Strix X570-f Gaming motherboard whereby the lights integrated into the I/O shield that should be compatible with Aura Sync are behaving in an odd manner. This is a new system to which I ported my old harddrives over to because I wanted to keep their storage capacity (and I haven't yet gotten around to migrating the OS over to my M.2 SSD yet). When I first turned the system on to check if I could get into the BIOS, all the lights turned on as they should; I/O shield lights, case, fans, cooler, etc. all came on.

However, now when I turn my computer on, the I/O shield lights turn off, and all other lights (such as RAM modules, fans, case and cooler) turn on. When I turn the system off, the I/O lights turn on, but the other lights turn off. The motherboard is also not being found in the Aura Sync App but my RAM modules are - and they're all that shows up in the Aura Sync App.

I've been into the BIOS, gone to Advance > Onboard Devices > LED Lighting and have set the available options as follows:

Option 1) When the system is in a working state: "All On" and "Aura Only"
    Option 2) When system is in sleep, hibernate or soft off states: I've tried this as "All On", "Aura Only", and "Stealth".

I've also tried switching the "AURA ON/OFF(F4)" setting in the top right of the BIOS window to "Aura Only" and "All On".

If I change the light settings to All Off/Stealth, then no lights come on, which is expected. But changing the settings to "All On" and "Aura Only" when the system is in a working state doesn't seem to do anything.
    I've tried resetting the CMOS by removing the battery, and removing the battery and shorting the two pins as suggested by the manual that came with the board.

I've tried the following:
    - uninstalling and reinstalling Aura Sync App.
    - turning the lights off in the BIOS , restarting, then going back into the BIOS, turning the lights on, restarting.
    - turning the lights off in the BIOS, restarting, uninstalling Aura Sync, restarting back into BIOS, turning lights on, restarting, installing Aura Sync.
    - two different Aura versions.
    - unplugging all fans and the cooler from the motherboard so they're only powered by the PSU.
    - Flashing the BIOS to the most up to date.

Additionally, if I plug the case lighting into a DRGB header on the motherboard through the case lighting won't turn on.

System specs:

Case: Phanteks Evolv X
    M/B: Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming
    CPU: Ryzen R7 2700 @ 3.2GHz
    GPU: Sapphire Radeon R9 290x Tri-X
    RAM: Team Group T-Force Nighthawk DDR4 3000 MHz *GB x2 (16GB total)
    Cooler: Corsair H100i SE Platinum RGB with 2 Corsair LL fans (white).
    PSU: Seagate SnowSilent 750W Platinum Rated.
    Case fans: Thermal Take Riing Trio Premium x3 with included hub.

Current BIOS Version: 1201
    Aura Sync Version: 1.07.71 (have also tried version 1.07.66)

Please note that I have not installed any other lighting software. Only Asus Aura Sync is installed on my machine.

Sorry for the long post.

Kind regards.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by schmak View Post
    Can I hug you? Not only did this fix my bus clock, but my latency as well. I went back and set my OC and my XMP, FCLK after to make sure, but dear God my 3900x is snappier. I was getting some major ISR latency but now...
    Are you on air cooling? How are your cpu temps?

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Alex0915 View Post
    Are you on air cooling? How are your cpu temps?
    I have a 240mm AIO and with some power config tweaks I sit at 31-33 idle at 2200 Mhz .875v and max in synthetics around 70 with 1.5v, gaming and so forth those around 50-60 depending on core utilization.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Thanks, I recently found this chart:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=2112472504

It states that our boards are T Topology, is that better for using higher capacity RAM and all 4 DIMM slots? Most of the newer boards and the Crosshair and Pro boards seem to be daisy chain.

Also what does the difference in caps mean? 5K MIL caps on our board vs 5K APAQ caps on the Pro and 10K FP caps on the Crosshair and 10K Black Metallic caps on the newer x570 Crosshairs?
    Last edited by Alex0915; 11-03-2019 at 01:59 PM.

New ROGer Array

Hi Everyone
    It's been awhile in posting any updates.
    But thought i would.
    I purchased some ram that is on the qvl for the 3000 cpus for our mobo for when i put a 3600x on it this next spring.

So the ram i bought is the G.skill trident z royal gold 3600cl16
    16 16 16 36 1.35v and out of curiosity decided to try it with my 2600x.
    It did boot with docp and stock timings but would throw errors.

Totally expected some errors somewhere along the way but was able to get stable with ryzen dram calculator 3600 fast with timings of 14 14 15 14 28 42 @1.45v in bios but in cpu-z it shows 14 14 14 14 28 42 @1.45v
    Was able to stop the errors with
    Proc 60 ohms
    Rtt_nom disabled
    Rtt_wr dynamic off
    Rtt_park auto
    And the 4 cad bus's set to auto.
    It now runs stable.
    Not much change in cinebench scores but aida64 extreme shows reads,writes,copy of 3000 to 6000 mb/s more with a latency of 59.4 ns

So as black friday is approaching anybody still running a 2000 series can buy and run 3000 series ram with the right settings if the price is right.

Specs
    X470 f gaming
    2600x
    Corsair H110i
    G.skill trident z royal gold 3600 cl16
    16 16 16 36
    Zotac gtx 1070 ti

Later Everyone
    Last edited by Crosslhs82_; 11-05-2019 at 03:12 PM.

New ROGer Array

Anyone knows if we are getting 1.0.0.4 agesa update on this mobo?

ROG Member Array gabrielsp85 PC Specs
    gabrielsp85 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus STRIX X470-F Gaming
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 2700x
    Memory (part number)CMW16GX4M2C3200C16
    Graphics Card #1AMD Radeon VII
    MonitorIt's trash. plz help
    CPU CoolerRYUO 240 AIO
    CaseH500i
    Power SupplyCorsair HX750
    OS Windows 10
    Network RouterAsus RT-ACRH17

Quote Originally Posted by Rahuf View Post
    Anyone knows if we are getting 1.0.0.4 agesa update on this mobo?
    Of course we will.... The real question is when. Knowing Asus, don't expect them for another 2-4 weeks.

New ROGer Array

Exclamation

Meanwhile you may test a new power plan: https://www.techpowerup.com/review/1...-2-processors/
    Windows v1903 or newer is required, as well as some specific BIOS settings.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Topfn View Post
    I'd say we will get it after CH7.

People are reporting mixed results.
    If it works - good for you.

Nevertheless, AMD needs to work on their AGESA and Redmond needs to optimize Win10 for Ryzen.
    I didn't get much out of 1usmus's profile. We are missing the core scheduler v2 so that's probably why, as its on 1.0.0.4AB. It also messed up my low end P State to 3400 Mhz instead of 2200 which of course increased temps. Performance was a wash, from 7102 CB20 score to 7130, so well within a standard deviation. I'd wait until 1.0.0.4 before anyone tries it with our board.

Windows 10 should have the scheduler optimization already in it, but folks are saying this month's release/update should have more in it?

New ROGer Array

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by schmak View Post
    Windows 10 should have the scheduler optimization already in it, but folks are saying this month's release/update should have more in it?
    The MSDN version of v1909 has been available for weeks already, they advertise it as having an updated scheduler, but we all know that an updated piece of you-know-what is still a piece of you-know-what, it should be written from scratch, but M$ is busy gathering telemetry, so don't expect anything from them, they can't even properly test their own updates, and you want them to fix the scheduler, c'mon.

Page 163 of 186 FirstFirst ... 63 113 153 161 162 163 164 165 173 ... LastLast