Power SupplyFSP Group Hydro G 650W
    Keyboard DasKeyboard 4 Professional
    Mouse SteelSeries Rival 300 Black
    Headset HyperX Cloud II
    Headset/Speakers Klipsch ProMedia 2.1
    OS Windows 10 x64
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC1900

Quote Originally Posted by unknownsoldierx View Post
    How do I change CAS latency? I've manually set my RAM to 3000MHz, but it's running at C22 and the bios won't let me change it. Disabling gear down doesn't help.

Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB 3000 MHz C15 (15-17-17-35)
    Enabled DOCP or go into Advanced Memory Settings or whatever it's called and type your timings in manually.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Alcolawl View Post
    Enabled DOCP or go into Advanced Memory Settings or whatever it's called and type your timings in manually.
    I don't see DOCP or anything like it in the menus, or the manual. An automated fix like that would be ideal for me.

I didn't realize I had to type in the numbers, I thought they were dropdowns. But I don't know what to set. There are a lot of settings there.

New ROGer Array Alcolawl PC Specs
    Alcolawl PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Strix X470-F Gaming
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 5 2600X
    Memory (part number)G.Skill F4-346616D-16GTZKW
    Graphics Card #1AMD Radeon VII
    Sound CardCreative Sound BlasterX AE-5
    MonitorViotek GN27D
    Storage #1Samsung 860 EVO
    Storage #2ADATA SU800
    CPU CoolerArctic Freezer 34 eSports ONE
    CaseFractal Design Define R6
    Power SupplyFSP Group Hydro G 650W
    Keyboard DasKeyboard 4 Professional
    Mouse SteelSeries Rival 300 Black
    Headset HyperX Cloud II
    Headset/Speakers Klipsch ProMedia 2.1
    OS Windows 10 x64
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC1900

I don't see DOCP or anything like it in the menus, or the manual. An automated fix like that would be ideal for me.

I didn't realize I had to type in the numbers, I thought they were dropdowns. But I don't know what to set. There are a lot of settings there.
    I mean, the option is definitely there. I'm using it on my computer at home right now. I think you have to go to the "AI Overclock Tuner" field under the AI Tweaker tab, and select the proper DOCP profile. Then make sure it sets the memory speed properly and reboot. This loads the proper timings that the kit is rated for.

New ROGer Array

In Ai Tweaker on the Ai Overclock Turner you select DOCP

\Click image for larger version. 

Name:	asus-strix-x470-f-bios02.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	96.5 KB 
ID:	78792

New ROGer Array

Anyone using 32 or 64GB with X470-F Gaming?

Hey guys, I'm new here so please be gentle!

Almost a month ago I bought myself a new Ryzen 7 2700X + Strix X470-F Gaming system and ordered a kit of 64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 as I need a lot of memory for my work. While waiting ages for the memory to arrive, I started reading that with 4 x 16GB I might not get very good speeds and people saying that there might be issues having so much memory on this board. I'm not planning to overclock, but I would like to get decent performance out of my new setup.

Is someone here running a 32GB or 64GB kit with the X470-F and what decently priced kit would you recommend getting? My new system has been just sitting here for weeks and I would really really like to buy the right memory and get it finally running!
    Last edited by multi; 02-11-2019 at 09:00 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array xeizo PC Specs
    xeizo PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)HP i7-7500U 16GB 256GB NVMe
    MotherboardAsus Maximus VIII Hero
    Processor6700K
    Memory (part number)32GB HyperX/CorsairLP @ 3200MHz
    Graphics Card #1MSI 1080Ti @ Water
    Sound CardSteinberg UR22
    MonitorAOC 1440p 27" S-PLS
    Storage #1256GB Samsung 950 Pro NVMe
    Storage #22xSSD:s, 4xHDD:s
    CPU CoolerAntec 620 AIO push-pull 2xNidec Gentle Typhoon 1450rpm
    CaseCorsair Carbide 200R
    Power SupplyCooler Master V550S
    Keyboard Logitech G710+ MX Brown (50$ on sale)
    Mouse Steelseries Sensei RAW
    Headset Sennheiser HD600
    Mouse Pad Steelseries, hard
    Headset/Speakers Swissonic ASM5 active studio monitors (thomann.de)
    OS Windows10 preview build 16237
    Network RouterAsus RT-N66U

Quote Originally Posted by multi View Post

Almost a month ago I bought myself a new Ryzen 7 2700X + Strix X470-F Gaming system and ordered a kit of 64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 as I need a lot of memory for my work. While waiting ages for the memory to arrive, I started reading that with 4 x 16GB I might not get very good speeds and people saying that there might be issues having so much memory on this board. I'm not planning to overclock, but I would like to get decent performance out of my new setup.

Is someone here running a 32GB or 64GB kit with the X470-F and what decently priced kit would you recommend getting? My new system has been just sitting here for weeks and I would really really like to buy the right memory and get it finally running!
    It should work, but maybe not at the rated speed. I run 4x8GB LPX DDR4-3000 at it's rated speed of 3000MHz, but I had to use Ryzen Dram Calculator to finetune Dram-settings for being able to reach the rated 3000MHz. SO my advice is that you should go the extra mile and learn to use Ryzen Dram Calculator and become familiar with your bios. I believe the effort will have you running stable at a good frequency in just a few days.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by xeizo View Post
    It should work, but maybe not at the rated speed. I run 4x8GB LPX DDR4-3000 at it's rated speed of 3000MHz, but I had to use Ryzen Dram Calculator to finetune Dram-settings for being able to reach the rated 3000MHz. SO my advice is that you should go the extra mile and learn to use Ryzen Dram Calculator and become familiar with your bios. I believe the effort will have you running stable at a good frequency in just a few days.
    Thanks Xeizo! After reading the internet to a point of depression I ordered 2 x 16GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4-3200 C14 memories as I understood they use the Samsung B-die which should work well with Ryzen.

I don't know should I still gone for 64GB with less speed, but let's hope I get close to that 3200 speeds now with the 32GB.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by homdax View Post
    Both should work.... 8GB sticks are more available, and cheaper, than 16G sticks though. I do not currently run 32GB since one of my 8GB went RMA, but it was cheaper and easier to find 2 pairs of 8 rather than one set of 4x8GB or a set of 2x16GB.

Having said that, there is no warranty that a set of 2x8GB will work at 3200 with another identical set, that is why they sell the 4x8GB and 2x16GB set, minor diffs in memory, like die or voltage or timing. If you see identical RAM available in any of the sets you should be ok though.

It's a complex world.
    It's suggested for best compatibility and highest speeds to use 2x8 GB sticks with Ryzen CPUs.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by multi View Post

Hope it goes well for you, but having read about whats recommended for gaming to reach the fastest speeds I stuck with 16 GB of memory, the more memory you have the slower its speeds are. 16 GB gives you the highest speeds and most stability.

ROG Enthusiast Array xeizo PC Specs
    xeizo PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)HP i7-7500U 16GB 256GB NVMe
    MotherboardAsus Maximus VIII Hero
    Processor6700K
    Memory (part number)32GB HyperX/CorsairLP @ 3200MHz
    Graphics Card #1MSI 1080Ti @ Water
    Sound CardSteinberg UR22
    MonitorAOC 1440p 27" S-PLS
    Storage #1256GB Samsung 950 Pro NVMe
    Storage #22xSSD:s, 4xHDD:s
    CPU CoolerAntec 620 AIO push-pull 2xNidec Gentle Typhoon 1450rpm
    CaseCorsair Carbide 200R
    Power SupplyCooler Master V550S
    Keyboard Logitech G710+ MX Brown (50$ on sale)
    Mouse Steelseries Sensei RAW
    Headset Sennheiser HD600
    Mouse Pad Steelseries, hard
    Headset/Speakers Swissonic ASM5 active studio monitors (thomann.de)
    OS Windows10 preview build 16237
    Network RouterAsus RT-N66U

Quote Originally Posted by Alex0915 View Post
    Hope it goes well for you, but having read about whats recommended for gaming to reach the fastest speeds I stuck with 16 GB of memory, the more memory you have the slower its speeds are. 16 GB gives you the highest speeds and most stability.
    Yes, it may be so, but he said he needed a lot of memory for his work. Not gaming. But as he went for 2x16GB B-Die I guess he made the optimal compromise. And still has the possibility to go for 64GB if necessary.

And yes I would be surprised if 3200MHz isn't easily achieved, as I can run 3000MHz with 4x crappy memory.
    Last edited by xeizo; 02-13-2019 at 10:02 PM.

Page 81 of 81 FirstFirst ... 31 71 79 80 81