Page 75 of 108 FirstFirst ... 25 65 73 74 75 76 77 85 ... LastLast
    New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Alex0915 View Post
    I relocated my computer and now I see a small orange LED a bit more than halfway down the motherboard and to the right. What does it mean? The light is steady and turns on whenever I turn on my UPS and prior to powering up the computer and always stays on unless the power is cut (meaning it stays on during sleep and hibernation too and when I power off the computer unless I shut off either the PSU or UPS or both.) I am confused because everything seems to be working just fine and I didn't drop the computer or anything, but I might have bumped it a bit when I was moving it. Should I just ignore it or is it a cause for concern?
    You never noticed it before? This is the power LED just indicating that there is power on your motherboard nothing else hence when you switch off the psu it turns off but not during sleep and hibernation.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Plan3tCrack3r View Post
    Are you starting a build from scratch with no other drives yet installed or are you adding to a PC with existing drive and OS installed?

If the former, try disconnecting all other drives, keeping only the M.2_1 drive connected.

If the latter, does your 970 EVO appear in Disk Management (xxGB of unallocated space shown for an entire drive that doesn't yet have a drive letter)? If so, next step is to create a Simple Volume of the unallocated space, all of it or split into partitions, followed by formatting before it shows up.

I built my X470-F, 2700X, PC around Christmas time with the same drive, 500GB flavor, in M.2_1 slot and with no other drives connected (no M.2_2, no SATA SSD or HHD connected yet to power or data). My GPU, RX-590, was in PCIEX16_1. Before installing the OS (W10 Pro) using USB ISO I updated to the latest BIOS, 4207, using USB stick. The 970 EVO appeared in the BIOS Boot section in both the BIOS version the board was shipped with and with 4207. After rebooting with the W10 ISO USB connected Windows did its thing and installed to the 970 EVO.

Once the OS was running I installed all board drivers, Samsung driver "Samsung NVME Controller V3.0.0.1802 dated 2/12/18" (this wasn't needed for my PC to see and use the drive, as stated above my 970 EVO was my starting OS boot drive, no cloning from a previous boot drive involved) and Samsung Magician 5.3.0 (for TRIM optimization). This is my first time using any M.2 type drive and it appears to be running fine. I then connected a couple SSDs and HHDs for storage, all good with the exception of Samsung Magician not being able to optimize an 850 EVO that was formatted using Samsung's Secure Erase utility.

Here are all the Storage Controller drivers I have showing in Device Manager:
    1) AMD Virtualized AHCI Controller for StoreMI V.16.30.59.31, 7/10/18
    2) Microsoft Storage Spaces Controller V.10.0.17763.168, 6/21/06
    3) Samsung NVME Controller V3.0.0.1802, 2/12/18
    *Note 1: I have no RAID drivers installed, which are abundant at both ASUS and AMD's X470 support websites.
    **Note 2: I have not yet configured StoreMI as I have been adding drives weekly and haven't determined which HDD I want to use caching from which SATA SSD. I wasn't aware at first that you are limited to 256GB SSD cache without purchasing additional licensing :/

The 970 EVO appears in Device Manager under Disk Drives and shows MS driver V.10.0.17763.1

TLR - My 970 EVO worked fine in M.2_1 as an OS boot drive with a clean install of Win 10 Pro via USB ISO.

I'm picking up an Inland 512GB 3x4 NVME M.2 tonight and will post later how my X470-F PC reacts to a second M.2 installed to M2_2 slot.
    Same here and I started with a very early build of Windows 10 Home from 2015 (build 1508 I think) and updated to the latest after install. I have one SSD HD and one Mech HD. The Samsung 970 EVO 550 GB NVME SSD and a Toshiba 1 TB Mech HD with the 2700X. How much RAM do you have? 16 GB (2x8 GB)?

And do you recommend Samsung Magician? And Samsung NVME Controller V3.0.0.1802, 2/12/18? I dont think I downloaded either of them yet, on HWiNFO it says I have NVME Controller version 1.3 lol. I haven't installed any hard drive management software yet, but since we have the same hard drive, I was wondering if it's beneficial to get those two and anything else? Also do you use the hibernate feature? I do and was wondering if it's safe for the SSD to do that, it only uses 6.8 GB of storage space on it and only hibernates once or twice a day. HWiNFO tells me I have written 1.6 TB of data to the drive so far and I installed everything at the beginning of October. And is it safe to shut off the UPS or PSU or both when the computer is hibernating?

Do you have that steady orange LED glowing on the bottom right part of your motherboard too? I read that this is a stand by light that shows that everything is working properly.

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/...nge-light.html

andyfitzOct 29, 2018, 5:48 AM
    Hi

I have a recent build with a ryzen 2600X cpu, X470-F Rog Strix gaming motherboard and an Asus RX580-8gb and it seems to be running fine.
    But could anyone tell me what the orange light indicates in the bottom right corner on an X470-F Asus ROG STRIX motherboard?

Thank you!
    1 answer LAST REPLY Oct 29, 2018
    MORE ABOUT x470 orange light
    shmoochieOct 29, 2018, 11:57 AM
    That is the power led. It shows that there is standby power to the board and that everything is okay. It is a good thing that it is on.
    Last edited by Alex0915; 01-18-2019 at 10:36 AM.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by norman_87 View Post
    You never noticed it before? This is the power LED just indicating that there is power on your motherboard nothing else hence when you switch off the psu it turns off but not during sleep and hibernation.
    Right! I just saw that and read that it's the power LED, but the weird thing is it wasn't on before. It only started coming on after I moved my computer lol. Maybe I didn't notice it before because my case has a tinted window but it's weird because I see it clearly all the time now.

ROG Member Array Gecori PC Specs
    Gecori PC Specs
    MotherboardROG STRIX X470-F GAMING
    ProcessorRyzen 5 2600X
    Graphics Card #1ROG STRIX VEGA 64 OC
    Storage #1970 EVO 500 GB
    Storage #2860 EVO 500 GB
    CPU CoolerH100i Pro RGB
    CaseFractal Design Define R6 TG USB-C
    Power SupplyCorsair HX850I
    Keyboard Logitech G 710+
    Mouse Logitech G 502 Proteus Spectrum
    Headset Hyper X Cloud 2
    Mouse Pad Razer Goliathus Speed
    OS Windows 10 Pro 1809

Here is a snip from the Manual.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2019-01-18 13_36_23-E14093_ROG_STRIX_X470-F_GAMING_UM_V2_WEB.pdf.png 
Views:	3 
Size:	116.3 KB 
ID:	78289

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Gecori View Post
    Here is a snip from the Manual.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2019-01-18 13_36_23-E14093_ROG_STRIX_X470-F_GAMING_UM_V2_WEB.pdf.png 
Views:	3 
Size:	116.3 KB 
ID:	78289
    Oh no thats not where the LED is. The LED in that image is in the extreme lower right, mine is on the same level as the lowest PCI port (where my Audigy RX 7.1 sound card is plugged in) and just to the right of it. It's also left of my two 120mm intake case fans (about halfway between them, higher than one and lower than the other.) It's still in the lower right but not all the way in the corner like in that diagram. Any idea what that LED is for?

I just read that part of the manual and it seems like the only other LED on the motherboard are in the upper right and thats the bank of four LED that light if there is a problem, and this LED is definitely not in that location, so I guess it has to be the standby power LED?
    Last edited by Alex0915; 01-18-2019 at 12:58 PM.

ROG Member Array Gecori PC Specs
    Gecori PC Specs
    MotherboardROG STRIX X470-F GAMING
    ProcessorRyzen 5 2600X
    Graphics Card #1ROG STRIX VEGA 64 OC
    Storage #1970 EVO 500 GB
    Storage #2860 EVO 500 GB
    CPU CoolerH100i Pro RGB
    CaseFractal Design Define R6 TG USB-C
    Power SupplyCorsair HX850I
    Keyboard Logitech G 710+
    Mouse Logitech G 502 Proteus Spectrum
    Headset Hyper X Cloud 2
    Mouse Pad Razer Goliathus Speed
    OS Windows 10 Pro 1809

Oh no thats not where the LED is. The LED in that image is in the extreme lower right, mine is on the same level as the lowest PCI port (where my Audigy RX 7.1 sound card is plugged in) and just to the right of it. It's also left of my two 120mm intake case fans (about halfway between them, higher than one and lower than the other.) It's still in the lower right but not all the way in the corner like in that diagram. Any idea what that LED is for?

I just read that part of the manual and it seems like the only other LED on the motherboard are in the upper right and thats the bank of four LED that light if there is a problem, and this LED is definitely not in that location, so I guess it has to be the standby power LED?
    How about a picture of the Motherboard, and a close up one.

New ROGer Array

Post a picture or a video of it.

New ROGer Array

If I post a picture with the case closed it's hard to see anything other than the light because it's a tinted window case. I can post a picture with the case door open. All I see is this bright orange LED which isn't on the extreme lower right but it's sort of halfway to the bottom and halfway to the right from the middle.

I dont see any errors and dont hear any buzzing aside from the weird noise when starting up from a cold boot (loud buzzing sound) which I've had since updating to the new BIOS. That only happens if I boot up from having the UPS/PSU shut off though.

New ROGer Array

Just wondering if anyone else experience a "sawtooth" effect for AMD Ryzen? Where there are random temperature spikes even on idle? After doing some googling/google images it seems like this is "normal"?

New ROGer Array geekyadz PC Specs
    geekyadz PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG Strix X470-F Gaming
    ProcessorRyzen 7 2700X
    Graphics Card #1Asus ROG STRIX RXVEGA64 O8G GAMING
    CaseCooler Master MC500M
    Power SupplyCorsair AX750

Quote Originally Posted by dfg555 View Post
    Just wondering if anyone else experience a "sawtooth" effect for AMD Ryzen? Where there are random temperature spikes even on idle? After doing some googling/google images it seems like this is "normal"?
    Yes

Page 75 of 108 FirstFirst ... 25 65 73 74 75 76 77 85 ... LastLast