Page 22 of 191 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 72 122 ... LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Niptech View Post
    Using v4011 idle VID ~1.45v in auto WTF!!!

Would I revert back to version 0225?
    Could this voltage damage my cpu?

Are you on Balanced Profile for Power Settings under Windows 10 Control Panel? I assume you have Windows 10 v1803. Balanced Profile should fix the voltage issue.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by dfg555 View Post
    Are you on Balanced Profile for Power Settings under Windows 10 Control Panel? I assume you have Windows 10 v1803. Balanced Profile should fix the voltage issue.
    I'm using AMD Ryzen Balanced (Windows 10 v1803) should I choose otherwise?

ROG Enthusiast Array

I'm using AMD Ryzen Balanced (Windows 10 v1803) should I choose otherwise?
    I think that's outdated or bugged. I tried using that but my voltages/frequency are so high on idle it doesn't make sense. I use Balanced instead which causes my voltages/frequency to be more idle friendly. If you're worried about overall performance you can just do a Cinebench run on both Ryzen Balanced and Balanced twice each and see if it makes a difference. On my setup it doesn't, both profiles scored exactly the same.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Using v4011 idle VID ~1.45v in auto WTF!!!

Could this voltage damage my cpu?
    I'm so ****ing sick of this.. here is an official AMD response.

"I still cannot fathom why people see the chip doing its thing, sometimes going to 1.5V, and get nervous. On what grounds is this cause to be nervous? Ryzen has a sophisticated DVFS scheme developed over 5 years by thousands of engineers pouring in millions of man hours in collaboration with the fab. We know the silicon characteristics better than anyone, and we designed a highly reliable voltage/frequency curve that exploits all available potential. Watching users fix their voltage at some number for no explainable reason makes me cringe, because it's almost always based on hearsay and completely overlooks the element of TIME in electrical effects on silicon. "Somebody on reddit told me 1.5V was bad so I set 1.35V"... I hear this all the time. The dude on reddit has no idea what he's talking about, and the fixed voltage is higher than anything Ryzen would average out to on its own."
    AMD_Bųbėrtvs - 11-07-2018 02:21 | #amd-general at /r/AMD
    Last Wednesday at 11:59 AM
    Last edited by norman_87; 07-17-2018 at 08:11 AM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by norman_87 View Post

I still cannot fathom why people see the chip doing its thing, sometimes going to 1.5V, and get nervous. On what grounds is this cause to be nervous? Ryzen has a sophisticated DVFS scheme developed over 5 years by thousands of engineers pouring in millions of man hours in collaboration with the fab. We know the silicon characteristics better than anyone, and we designed a highly reliable voltage/frequency curve that exploits all available potential. Watching users fix their voltage at some number for no explainable reason makes me cringe, because it's almost always based on hearsay and completely overlooks the element of TIME in electrical effects on silicon. "Somebody on reddit told me 1.5V was bad so I set 1.35V"... I hear this all the time. The dude on reddit has no idea what he's talking about, and the fixed voltage is higher than anything Ryzen would average out to on its own.

To be fair as frustrated as I am with lack of bios update, I fully agree with the user who posted that. I have seen numerous times AMD sources post that these voltages are perfectly safe and normal for 2700x, and I can see how it can be frustrating when other users say this is an unsafe voltage when they don't even have an AMD cpu let alone a 2700x.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array celab PC Specs
    celab PC Specs
    MotherboardStrix B550-F Gaming / BIOS 1004
    ProcessorRyzen 3600 @stock speed
    Memory (part number)FlareX - F4-3200C14D-16GFX @Full XMP Timings
    Graphics Card #1Palit GameRock Premium 1080 @stock speed/cooling; 452.06 Drv.
    Sound CardOnboard
    MonitorAcer Predator - XB241H
    Storage #1970EVO/250GB - NVMe driver 3.3
    CPU CoolerBe Quiet - DarkRock 4
    Casefreestyle
    Power SupplyThermaltake Toughpower Grand RGB 850W Gold
    Keyboard Logitech G105
    Mouse Razer DeathAdder Expert, 1800dpi/1000Hz - Synapse 2.21
    Mouse Pad Razer Goliathus Medium CONTROL
    Headset/Speakers Sennheiser HD 4.20s
    OS Win10 Pro 64bit / 2004 - 19041.488
    Network RouterFibre Optic 300Mbit (sync.)

these strix series boards are othing more than a cheap version of asus with some graffiti attached to them. the parts and tech is just low end with a few nce color touch ups. if you want to have good quality, go and get a real board ^^ im stucked with a b350 strix-f and fall for this rog strix nonsens myself. look at the vram's and other cheap parts. its not near the corshair but pretends to be ^^ so dont worry to much. if you want to oc than go and get a decent oc board out of the 470 series. like a corsshair 7, aorus 7, or even a 470 pro carbon. you might look at this channel https://youtu.be/EXMP1yRriUA?t=712 to find out more about vram's etc. a good mb breakdown analytics.
    Orwell was an optimist

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by celab View Post
    these strix series boards are othing more than a cheap version of asus with some graffiti attached to them. the parts and tech is just low end with a few nce color touch ups. if you want to have good quality, go and get a real board ^^ im stucked with a b350 strix-f and fall for this rog strix nonsens myself. look at the vram's and other cheap parts. its not near the corshair but pretends to be ^^ so dont worry to much. if you want to oc than go and get a decent oc board out of the 470 series. like a corsshair 7, aorus 7, or even a 470 pro carbon. you might look at this channel https://youtu.be/EXMP1yRriUA?t=712 to find out more about vram's etc. a good mb breakdown analytics.
    VRM-wise strix x470-f is fine. Its not a crossshair but can run 2700x fine. To this date I have not seen Gigabyte/MSI/Asrock launch a board at the same price with same VRM quality-wise. 150 dollars vs 260-280 dollars for top end motherboards from all manufacturers. Where strix goes wrong is its bios and memory support - when taking these into consideration MSI is competitive.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by celab View Post
    You understand design also has a value right?

R8 shares the exact same chassis and engine as the 5.2 V10 Lambo Gallardo, yet the Gallardo is double to 3 times the price of an R8.

I bought this board mainly for it's design and lighting features with specs coming secondary to design for me.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by norman_87 View Post

"I still cannot fathom why people see the chip doing its thing, sometimes going to 1.5V, and get nervous. On what grounds is this cause to be nervous? Ryzen has a sophisticated DVFS scheme developed over 5 years by thousands of engineers pouring in millions of man hours in collaboration with the fab. We know the silicon characteristics better than anyone, and we designed a highly reliable voltage/frequency curve that exploits all available potential. Watching users fix their voltage at some number for no explainable reason makes me cringe, because it's almost always based on hearsay and completely overlooks the element of TIME in electrical effects on silicon. "Somebody on reddit told me 1.5V was bad so I set 1.35V"... I hear this all the time. The dude on reddit has no idea what he's talking about, and the fixed voltage is higher than anything Ryzen would average out to on its own."
    I dont kow how healty / unhealty the default voltages are, guess have to wait a few years and see, no way to tell really.
    but the votlages on load / idle on auto are pretty high on this board on auto (read higher then needed to be)
    especialy the idle voltage of e.g 1.46 is a bit weird, because the cpu is stalbe around 1.28 to 1.35 at 4.3 ghz on idle (depending on silicon lottery)

So if heat / power or getting most performance overclock of CBO is concerned, the vcore auto settings are crap.

I would recommend something around 1.32 vcore LLC3, with PE2, CBO scalar 10
    - locks up on idle, add more vcore
    - locks up under load, use LLC 4 or increase vcore
    in my case, the 2700x is stable around 1.3 idle and 1.384 max load)

However finding the lowest vcore on idle, can take a bit of time, could be stable for a few hours doing light load stuff and still get a lockup at some point

Edit: For any newer overclockers, I would not increase LLC on auto vcore settings on this board.
    Check the cpu vcore settings in e.g HWinfo or multi meter.
    Better to lock up 10x because of to low vcore then accidentally damaging your board, because of wrong settings.
    Last edited by Orb79; 07-17-2018 at 08:37 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Orb79 View Post
    but the votlages on load / idle on auto are pretty high on this board on auto (read higher then needed to be)
    Really? They seem fine to me. This is Auto everything version 4011 BIOS.

https://i.imgur.com/Qwi6QqY.png

Page 22 of 191 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 72 122 ... LastLast