Page 44 of 191 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 54 94 144 ... LastLast
    New ROGer Array

Hello All,

I have a strange pb with my ROG STRIX X470-F GAMING (bios 4024)

In fact, since i have installed SSD NVME ME (PCI-E X4) on port M.2_1, the hdd led on my case is always on (not blinkink).
    If i remove this sdd nvme, he works perfectly ?

Have you a idea ?

Thanks.

ROG Member Array

Has anyone been able to change BLCK (APU) and keep XFR/PB working ?

I can't find a way to make XFR/PB boost higher in ST without manual OC, which disables PBO automatically.

Other motherboards seem to be able to do it with XFR/PBO working just fine..
    Last edited by Rohnlex; 10-21-2018 at 09:49 PM.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array Alcolawl PC Specs
    Alcolawl PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Strix X470-F Gaming
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 3700X
    Memory (part number)G.Skill F4-346616D-16GTZKW
    Graphics Card #1AMD Radeon VII
    Sound CardCreative Sound BlasterX AE-5
    MonitorViotek GN27D
    Storage #1Samsung 860 EVO
    Storage #2ADATA SU800
    CPU CoolerArctic Freezer 34 eSports ONE
    CaseFractal Design Define R6
    Power SupplyFSP Group Hydro G 650W
    Keyboard Ducky Shine 7
    Mouse SteelSeries Rival 300 Black
    Headset HyperX Cloud II
    Mouse Pad SteelSeries QcK
    Headset/Speakers Klipsch ProMedia 2.1
    OS Windows 10 x64
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC1900

Quote Originally Posted by Rohnlex View Post
    Has anyone been able to change BLCK (APU) and keep XFR/PB working ?

I can't find a way to make XFR/PB boost higher in ST without manual OC, which disables PBO automatically.

Other motherboards seem to be able to do it with XFR/PBO working just fine..
    No. I think as soon as you change the BCLK it disables any kind of boost at all. I posted here about it and got no answers. It hasn't been discussed too often in this thread. I'm not sure if it's a bug or by design but it's a little frustrating for sure. :/

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Alcolawl View Post
    No. I think as soon as you change the BCLK it disables any kind of boost at all. I posted here about it and got no answers. It hasn't been discussed too often in this thread. I'm not sure if it's a bug or by design but it's a little frustrating for sure. :/
    It has to be a glitch then, what bios version do you have ?

ROG Guru: White Belt Array Alcolawl PC Specs
    Alcolawl PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Strix X470-F Gaming
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 3700X
    Memory (part number)G.Skill F4-346616D-16GTZKW
    Graphics Card #1AMD Radeon VII
    Sound CardCreative Sound BlasterX AE-5
    MonitorViotek GN27D
    Storage #1Samsung 860 EVO
    Storage #2ADATA SU800
    CPU CoolerArctic Freezer 34 eSports ONE
    CaseFractal Design Define R6
    Power SupplyFSP Group Hydro G 650W
    Keyboard Ducky Shine 7
    Mouse SteelSeries Rival 300 Black
    Headset HyperX Cloud II
    Mouse Pad SteelSeries QcK
    Headset/Speakers Klipsch ProMedia 2.1
    OS Windows 10 x64
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC1900

Quote Originally Posted by Rohnlex View Post
    It has to be a glitch then, what bios version do you have ?
    4018 -- Still holding out for the release with a newer AGESA.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Alcolawl View Post
    Yeah also posted about this way back, it also disables PBO also for me when increasing the BLCK.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by pwnnn View Post
    Hi Everyone,

i have a question about stability or maybe i am expecting too much.
    My system is as follows:

Ryzen 2700x
    Asus X470-F latest bios updated
    16GB DDR4 Ram **** this is a 4x4 setup 3000mhz gskill Samsung E-Die**** (not on QVL)
    MSI ARMOR RX580 8GB
    750W Thermaltake Gold Plus Grand PSU

I am having issues where when i am gaming and some times randomly when loading a few things at once i would get a micro system freeze or hang for a couple seconds or so and sometimes i need to hard restart. I am wondering what is everyones bios settings to have this running more stable. My goal is to have the ram run at 3000mhz which i can get it to past a cinebench r15 with no freezing with everything auto except voltage -.0500. Should i be running Level 5 LLC? i am told it helps stabilize the system. I notice when it does freeze the fan slows down and speeds up which sound like a voltage drop or a downclock then when it unfreezes fan speeds up and everything is fine. Any help would be great. If you have some bios settings please post exactly what you have done so hopefully that can help me. Temps are fine no heat issue.

Randy
    The ryzen dram calc, can give some recommendations about the timings:
    https://www.overclock.net/forum/13-a...-dram-am4.html

start with v1 profile > R-xmp > calc safe
    probably with to set tCL to 16 for starters
    play arround with the 3 termination Block requirements + CAD to see which one works best.

you need to figure out what the minimum dram + soc voltage is needed (more is not always better)
    Once you think you know the minimum voltages needed bump it 1 or 2 times.

stress with your favourite ram test tool
    and check with prime blend on 2 and 16 threads to see if cpu + ram is stable
    (most ram test dont stress the cpu that much)

And dont try to tighten your cpu voltage to much when testing ram, do this only when you know your ram is stable.

As for the described problems, lockups are often because lack of voltage, but cant give recommendations because every cpu is different.
    In my case auto + minus offset gives me very high voltages and a fixed cpu voltage of 1.33875 LLC4 works well with PE2
    Last edited by Orb79; 10-23-2018 at 06:30 PM.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

All my problems went away when I uninstalled Hwinfo so good riddance to it!

On another subject, I bought the new Tecware Phantom 104 mechanical keyboard and it is amazing, the full RGB lights are a sight to see!

Anyone have any suggestions for a good durable full RGB gaming mouse? I was looking at the Redragon M711 and the Pictek 10,000 DPI mouse and the Motospeed V30. What kind of DPI should I be looking for? The first two have 10,000 DPI and the last one is only 3,500 DPI but offers full LED customization just like my new keyboard does while the first two only customize LEDs in three zones.

I was hoping to get the M711-FPS because it has a durability of 50 million clicks but it doesn't seem to be on Amazon anymore, the regular M711 is only good for 10 million clicks, while the Pictek is good for 20 million clicks and the Motospeed is good for 50 million clicks just like my keyboard (although that has replaceable switches which you cant get in a mouse unless you get one of the expensive Asus Gladiator or Pugi mice) but some of the reviews for the Motospeed look not so good.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Alex0915 View Post
    All my problems went away when I uninstalled Hwinfo so good riddance to it!

On another subject, I bought the new Tecware Phantom 104 mechanical keyboard and it is amazing, the full RGB lights are a sight to see!

Anyone have any suggestions for a good durable full RGB gaming mouse? I was looking at the Redragon M711 and the Pictek 10,000 DPI mouse and the Motospeed V30. What kind of DPI should I be looking for? The first two have 10,000 DPI and the last one is only 3,500 DPI but offers full LED customization just like my new keyboard does while the first two only customize LEDs in three zones.

I was hoping to get the M711-FPS because it has a durability of 50 million clicks but it doesn't seem to be on Amazon anymore, the regular M711 is only good for 10 million clicks, while the Pictek is good for 20 million clicks and the Motospeed is good for 50 million clicks just like my keyboard (although that has replaceable switches which you cant get in a mouse unless you get one of the expensive Asus Gladiator or Pugi mice) but some of the reviews for the Motospeed look not so good.
    wait for black friday and buy Logitech G502 or Asus Gladius.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Hey X470-F owners,

after getting some problems with my new rig i was made a few weird observations. my englisch is not the best so i made some videos to show you my issues:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zdw...ature=youtu.be
    (you can see that prime95 blender ram load is dropping usb dongle copy speed - 3x intel systems i testet didnt show this issue while doing exact the same test.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_1v...ature=youtu.be
    (you can see that prime95 blender ram load is dropping sata ssd speed to its half - 3x intel systems i testet didnt show this issue while doing exact the same test.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omLG...ature=youtu.be
    (you can see that prime95 blender ram load is dropping my usb/wlan speed. in the end the usb device got disconnected - i testet 3 different usb wlan a/c dongles, everyone has the same issue no matter on wich port iam connected. 3x intel systems i testet didnt show this issue while doing exact the same test.)

I installed Windows 10 Home three times, all (AMD/ASMedia) drivers installed correctly and problems are not depending on doing (cpu/ram) OC - with BIOS defaults/stock/auto settings i see the same results but i think ram oc making the issus more worse (more slowdowns, frequently usb disconnects).

I testet my ram with MemTest86 (DOS) and TechPowerUp MemTest64 (Windows 10) with 2133MHz AUTO-Settings (1.2v, low Timings) / 3200 CL15-15-15-35 1.35v / 3200 CL14-14-14-34 1.35v / 3466 CL14-14-14-34 1.4V - no problems found! The only thing i see is that 3466Mhz during MemTest64 is causing mouse-slowdowns/sucks and test-window-stucks but no reported errors at all.

Another thing i see is that the asmedia usb chipset had some incompatibilities and some devices are not working properly (specially my wlan dongle). In some games (PUBG/R6S/BF1) i have random mini-micro-stucks during load and i think maybe it has to do with the mentioned problems i posted.

Can you guys achieve the same results by testing your system? Do you have the same problems or any idea why this happens - maybe a bug, maybe the amd architecture? In a german forum some users are reporting the same problems, some not.

My Setup:
    ASUS X470-F (BIOS #4024) / Ryzen 2700x / Noctua NH-D15S / G.Skill Trident Z 16GB DDR4-3600 CL15-15-15-35 (3600Mhz doesnt work btw)

Something more/similar to read:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comment...es_with_ryzen/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comment...ects_on_ryzen/
    https://www.kitguru.net/components/m...ard-review/10/
    https://www.hardwareluxx.de/communit...f-1213476.html (GERMAN ONLY)

Regards,

6kbyte
    Last edited by 6kbyte; 10-30-2018 at 09:53 AM.

Page 44 of 191 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 54 94 144 ... LastLast