Keyboard Ducky Shine 7
    Mouse SteelSeries Rival 300 Black
    Headset HyperX Cloud II
    Mouse Pad SteelSeries QcK
    Headset/Speakers Klipsch ProMedia 2.1
    OS Windows 10 x64
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC1900

Quote Originally Posted by Alex0915 View Post
    What puzzles me is why 8x2 is more stable than 16x2, could it be because 16 in each slot is the maximum it supports?
    No, there are people out there with 16 GB in each slot. for a total of 64 GB.

When your friend used his JetFlo 120 fans did he use them as case fans or cpu cooler fans?
    He used it as a Radiator fan because it came with his MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO. It did do an admirable job of keeping his CPU cool, though.

What you said about the two PUMP headers, maybe that's why in the manual it has the B designation next to them. Let me know if you can set a specific speed or voltage on them I couldn't find the setting for that although searching around people are claiming they can do it on other ASUS motherboards.
    I just got home and took a peek at my BIOS. The AIO and W_PUMP settings are tied together. They can only rely on CPU temperature and you can only specify the minimum (idle), middle, and maximum temperature. So basically the pumps will run at minimum speed when the temp is =<Minimum Temperature, and run at 100% speed when CPU temps => Maximum Temperature. Middle is just a way to make the curve less linear for noise purposes. So, in theory, you could connect fans to it.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Alcolawl View Post
    No, there are people out there with 16 GB in each slot. for a total of 64 GB.

He used it as a Radiator fan because it came with his MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO. It did do an admirable job of keeping his CPU cool, though.

I just got home and took a peek at my BIOS. The AIO and W_PUMP settings are tied together. They can only rely on CPU temperature and you can only specify the minimum (idle), middle, and maximum temperature. So basically the pumps will run at minimum speed when the temp is =<Minimum Temperature, and run at 100% speed when CPU temps => Maximum Temperature. Middle is just a way to make the curve less linear for noise purposes. So, in theory, you could connect fans to it.
    Thanks for the help! So it can't be controlled as finely as the CHA_FAN headers can be controlled and you are limited to three settings, minimum, middle and maximum and they are all tied to the CPU temp (and so they are all tied to the CPU_FAN, but with less fine gradation of speeds.) So the CPU fan can be controlled much more finely and the CHA_FAN headers are not tied to the CPU temp and have a much smoother fan curve also? If this is the case my compromise solution for now if the CPU cooler fan does not work for me is to simply use 3 of the JetFlo 120 fans as case fans and use the 4th one as my CPU cooler fan, that way I can avoid using anything other than the CPU_FAN header and the 3 CHA_FAN headers. Do they specify what minimum speed is on the PUMP headers- would it be less than 40% of the full 12V voltage? And can I do something like set CPU minimum temp to 60C, middle to 65C and maximum to 70C?

FYI which motherboard do you have and do all these ASUS motherboards basically function the same way as far as BIOS settings are concerned?

Thanks for the memory help too, what I was wondering was that even though 16 GB per slot is the limit, that perhaps for some reason 8 GB per slot is a more stable configuration for overclocking for Ryzen processors?
    Last edited by Alex0915; 09-14-2018 at 10:02 PM.

ROG Junior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by iDShaDoW View Post
    Anyone have some insight into why my NVME SSD in M.2_1 slot is being set to PCIe X2 and not X4?

I have my GPU in PCIex16_1 and a sound card in PCIeX1_3. I have HDDs in SATA1/2 but moved them and still nothing.

There doesn't seem to be an obvious BIOS setting that will toggle the M.2_1 between X2 or X4 so I'm not sure what's going on.
    Update on this. I removed my WiFi card comletely and the M.2 NVME M.2_1 slot runs at X4. If I put the Wifi card in any available PCIE (2 or 3) slot it reverts to X2. This has to be a bug since even putting it in the PCIE2 slots downgrades it the speed to X2 and the PCIE2 slots are supposed to run via the Chipset? I was under the impression that the M.2_1 slot had a dedicated PCIE allocation?

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array AniChatt PC Specs
    AniChatt PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ThinkPad X270 i7 7500U
    MotherboardAsus Strix X470-F 4204
    ProcessorR5 1600X 3.90GHz 1.325v
    Memory (part number)FlareX 3000MHz 4x8GB 1.39v
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080
    MonitorLG 29UM69G Ultrawide
    Storage #1960EVO NVMe 250GB
    Storage #2850EVO SATA 1TB
    CPU CoolerCorsair H115i
    CaseNZXT S340 Razer
    Power SupplySeasonic Prime 850W
    Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB
    Mouse Corsair Harpoon
    OS Windows 10 1809

Quote Originally Posted by shazealz View Post
    Update on this. I removed my WiFi card comletely and the M.2 NVME M.2_1 slot runs at X4. If I put the Wifi card in any available PCIE (2 or 3) slot it reverts to X2. This has to be a bug since even putting it in the PCIE2 slots downgrades it the speed to X2 and the PCIE2 slots are supposed to run via the Chipset? I was under the impression that the M.2_1 slot had a dedicated PCIE allocation?
    As per my understanding it is not a bug but the way it is designed on X470. However i'll do some more study to confirm it.

Do you guys think that this motherboard will be compatible with the 2019 Zen 2 processors? I ask because with the new i9-9900k coming out coming out on an old dead end socket, an advantage of x470 motherboards is that AMD has said they will support them with new processors through 2020.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array Alcolawl PC Specs
    Alcolawl PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Strix X470-F Gaming
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 3700X
    Memory (part number)G.Skill F4-346616D-16GTZKW
    Graphics Card #1AMD Radeon VII
    Sound CardCreative Sound BlasterX AE-5
    MonitorViotek GN27D
    Storage #1Samsung 860 EVO
    Storage #2ADATA SU800
    CPU CoolerArctic Freezer 34 eSports ONE
    CaseFractal Design Define R6
    Power SupplyFSP Group Hydro G 650W
    Keyboard Ducky Shine 7
    Headset HyperX Cloud II
    OS Windows 10 x64

Do you guys think that this motherboard will be compatible with the 2019 Zen 2 processors? I ask because with the new i9-9900k coming out coming out on an old dead end socket, an advantage of x470 motherboards is that AMD has said they will support them with new processors through 2020.
    Yes, Zen 2 will work with this motherboard, or any other AM4 motherboard on the market (assuming they release the necessary BIOS update for compatibility).

Thanks does that mean that this motherboard can support more than 8 core processors even though in the specs it says "supports up to 8 core processors" and there is no such statement in the specs for the Crosshair VII Hero?

Also will those new intel processors being released in October be the end of the line for that socket or will the new motherboards released with those processors (Z390 motherboards I think) continue to support new processors into the future?

New ROGer Array

Overnight Crashse

I have been waking up to my computer at the lockscreen since it has been crashing over night at the same approximate time around 3-5am for about the past week. I currently have my gskills ripjaws cl14 bdie RAM overclocked to 3200 and no other changes made in the BIOS. I just recently upgraded the chipset drivers today from AMDs site(ones on Asus site are now out-of-date). I have no previous dump logs going beyond the night of the crash since the previous dump logs are deleted or disappear for some reason. I will post the dump log from bluescreenview below and a pastebin link to the report from WhoCrashed. I am receiving a 970 nvme drive tomorrow so if I get another crash tonight I'll be reformatting so hopefully that will solve everything. Let me know if this is a known issue or if anyone has dealt with something similar.

Code:
    ==================================================
    Dump File         : 092018-13671-01.dmp
    Crash Time        : 2018-09-20 3:22:28 AM
    Bug Check String  : DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    Bug Check Code    : 0x000000d1
    Parameter 1       : 00000000`0000002c
    Parameter 2       : 00000000`00000002
    Parameter 3       : 00000000`00000000
    Parameter 4       : fffff80a`cfa22d9c
    Caused By Driver  : CLASSPNP.SYS
    Caused By Address : CLASSPNP.SYS+2d9c
    File Description  : SCSI Class System Dll
    Product Name      : Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    Company           : Microsoft Corporation
    File Version      : 10.0.17134.1 (WinBuild.160101.0800)
    Processor         : x64
    Crash Address     : ntoskrnl.exe+1a9380
    Stack Address 1   : 
    Stack Address 2   : 
    Stack Address 3   : 
    Computer Name     : 
    Full Path         : C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\092018-13671-01.dmp
    Processors Count  : 16
    Major Version     : 15
    Minor Version     : 17134
    Dump File Size    : 1,129,996
    Dump File Time    : 2018-09-20 3:24:18 AM

Thanks

Alcolawl PC Specs
    MonitorViotek GN27D
    Storage #2ADATA SU800
    Keyboard Ducky Shine 7
    Headset HyperX Cloud II
    OS Windows 10 x64

Thanks does that mean that this motherboard can support more than 8 core processors even though in the specs it says "supports up to 8 core processors" and there is no such statement in the specs for the Crosshair VII Hero?

Also will those new intel processors being released in October be the end of the line for that socket or will the new motherboards released with those processors (Z390 motherboards I think) continue to support new processors into the future?
    The CH7 supports all AM4 CPUs. There are no AM4 CPUs with more than 8-cores at the moment, so the "Supports up to 8 core processors" is true.

As for Intel, I have no idea what their plan is other than to screw over their loyal fans with re-released garbage until they get 10nm sorted out.

Alcolawl PC Specs
    MonitorViotek GN27D
    Storage #2ADATA SU800
    Keyboard Ducky Shine 7
    Headset HyperX Cloud II
    OS Windows 10 x64

Quote Originally Posted by Chompskihonk View Post
    I have been waking up to my computer at the lockscreen since it has been crashing over night at the same approximate time around 3-5am for about the past week. I currently have my gskills ripjaws cl14 bdie RAM overclocked to 3200 and no other changes made in the BIOS. I just recently upgraded the chipset drivers today from AMDs site(ones on Asus site are now out-of-date). I have no previous dump logs going beyond the night of the crash since the previous dump logs are deleted or disappear for some reason. I will post the dump log from bluescreenview below and a pastebin link to the report from WhoCrashed. I am receiving a 970 nvme drive tomorrow so if I get another crash tonight I'll be reformatting so hopefully that will solve everything. Let me know if this is a known issue or if anyone has dealt with something similar.

Code:
    Dump File         : 092018-13671-01.dmp
    Crash Time        : 2018-09-20 3:22:28 AM
    Bug Check String  : DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    Bug Check Code    : 0x000000d1
    Parameter 1       : 00000000`0000002c
    Parameter 2       : 00000000`00000002
    Parameter 3       : 00000000`00000000
    Parameter 4       : fffff80a`cfa22d9c
    Caused By Driver  : CLASSPNP.SYS
    Caused By Address : CLASSPNP.SYS+2d9c
    File Description  : SCSI Class System Dll
    Product Name      : Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    Company           : Microsoft Corporation
    File Version      : 10.0.17134.1 (WinBuild.160101.0800)
    Processor         : x64
    Crash Address     : ntoskrnl.exe+1a9380
    Stack Address 1   : 
    Stack Address 2   : 
    Stack Address 3   : 
    Computer Name     : 
    Full Path         : C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\092018-13671-01.dmp
    Processors Count  : 16
    Major Version     : 15
    Minor Version     : 17134
    Dump File Size    : 1,129,996
    Dump File Time    : 2018-09-20 3:24:18 AM
    Thanks
    CLASSPNP.SYS is listed as causing the issue, but it's most likely something else. First thing's first, roll back your memory overclock to it's XMP rated speed or even lower than that. If the crashes stop occurring, then we know your memory overclock wasn't as stable as you first thought (it happens). You could try DDU and reinstalling all of your AMD drivers but usually atimdag.sys is listed as the cause when those act up. Also, just for good measure, you can try opening Command Prompt with admin privileges and running "sfc /scannow" and let that do it's thing. It can't hurt. If it finds any integrity violations with the OS it'll fix them automatically.

Either way, you mentioned your RAM was overclocked. I'm not sure if you mean technically overclocked over 2133, or if you overclocked, say, a 3000 MHz kit to 3200. If I were you I'd roll the memory speed back to 2133 for a day, leave it overnight and see if the crash still occurs.

Page 35 of 173 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 85 135 ... LastLast