Page 71 of 191 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 81 121 171 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array geekyadz PC Specs
    geekyadz PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG Strix X470-F Gaming
    ProcessorRyzen 7 2700X
    Memory (part number)Corsair 16GB Vengeance LPX 3000MHz (CMK16GX4M2B3000C15)
    Graphics Card #1Asus ROG STRIX RXVEGA64 O8G GAMING
    CaseCooler Master MC500M
    Power SupplyASUS ROG Thor 1200 Watt
    OS Windows 10 64

Quote Originally Posted by geekyadz View Post
    Hi,

Thanks for your reply. That sounds like a good idea: maybe in the first part of this thread? (Or at least a link to guide; going through 70 pages of replies isn't fun hahahaha).

I've now updated the BIOS to 4207.
    Aura rgb is off when the pc is off (managed to do that before posting my original post )
    The other things sound a bit like overclocking (and underclocking), something I'm not keen on at the moment as I'm using the stock cooler that came with the processor.

And here's what I've just noticed whilst making sure BIOS settings seem ok:

In advanced>SATA Configuration it doesn't appear to be detecting my M.2 SSD that's in M.2_1, but when I go into Boot the M.2 SSD is showing as a bootable option. Is this normal? For info I've only one M.2 SSD which is brand new.
    Ok think I've found "the issue": https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...ration-in-BIOS

Basically as my M.2 is also a NVMe M.2 drive it won't show up as a SATA drive in that option.

A quick Google also revealed people having the same issue.

ROG Member Array

Angry ¿Incompatibility with ssd m.2 nvme 1.3?

hi all., i buyed a ssd m.2 nvme adata sx6000pro 250gb, but have seriously problems with him, when start the cpu, some times start normaly, others in the post it frezes, some times when i restart, the leds some times indicateds errors on cpu, erros on vga, but when i press button reset, restars and loads all good, it is as if sometimes I detected it and sometimes not, it will be incompatibility of some of my components ?, I already try many different bios configurations and the problem persists, the ssd unit is nvme 1.3, my components are strix x470-f gaming, ddr4 xpg adata d40 cl 16 @ 3000mhz, asus strix gtx 1070Ti-AG, ryzen 2600x, power source cooler master g750, dvd-rw asus, audio card xonar dsx 7.1, two seagate barracuda 2tb, please help me, this situation starts to drive me crazy, before putting the disk nvme had no problems, thanks.
    Last edited by Barktoothx; 01-07-2019 at 02:43 AM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Alcolawl View Post
    Some of us in this thread should probably just start a beginner's guide to this board at this point haha.

Anyways, yeah, a few tips.
    • Update to at least version 4204. Vastly improves memory compatibility and performance (brought memory latency down ~5ns for me).
    • After updating, try to get your RAM to run at XMP timings, but adjust the first timing (tCL) to either 14 or 16, Ryzen doesn't like odd tCL values. If not, 2933 MHz should work fine.
    • Make sure to disable Aura Sync when the computer is off / in sleep unless you like having the RGB lights on 24/7.
    • If you're going to use Performance Enhancer, set it to either Level 1 or Level 2 depending on your cooling solution. This improves the All-Core boost of your 2700X but introduces more voltage (and heat). If running Level 2, I'd recommend you set a vCore Offset to at least -.5v to counter the additional voltage.
    • Of course, do the memory and CPU tweaking separately and always stability test before moving forward.

I'm sure others will chime in with other hints but that's my quick and dirty list before I get some coffee in me today. Sorry, I don't have any Linux tips as I'm strictly a Windows user. Good Luck!
    Regarding Performance Enhancer Level 2. What's the average voltage all core load without applying a negative offset? 1.4v?

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Some of us in this thread should probably just start a beginner's guide to this board at this point haha.

Anyways, yeah, a few tips.
    • Update to at least version 4204. Vastly improves memory compatibility and performance (brought memory latency down ~5ns for me).
    • After updating, try to get your RAM to run at XMP timings, but adjust the first timing (tCL) to either 14 or 16, Ryzen doesn't like odd tCL values. If not, 2933 MHz should work fine.
    • Make sure to disable Aura Sync when the computer is off / in sleep unless you like having the RGB lights on 24/7.
    • If you're going to use Performance Enhancer, set it to either Level 1 or Level 2 depending on your cooling solution. This improves the All-Core boost of your 2700X but introduces more voltage (and heat). If running Level 2, I'd recommend you set a vCore Offset to at least -.5v to counter the additional voltage.
    • Of course, do the memory and CPU tweaking separately and always stability test before moving forward.

I'm sure others will chime in with other hints but that's my quick and dirty list before I get some coffee in me today. Sorry, I don't have any Linux tips as I'm strictly a Windows user. Good Luck!
    Aura and even my case fan LEDs turn off in sleep mode or hibernate. The computer actually feels cooler with the lights off.

Is Performance Enhancer Level 1, the "coolest" option? I thought either Default or Off was?

I've tested both Sleep mode and Hibernate and I find I actually like Hibernate better. Is it true that if I put it in Hibernate and cut all power going into the system (like turning off my UPS or PSU or both), the computer will come back from hibernation normally when I power everything back up and I wont damage or wear out anything, even if I'm away from the computer for let's say a week? It doesn't matter if it doesn't get any juice at all from the outlet? Since I only go into this mode once or twice a day it shouldn't use a lot of SSD writes. Question though. Right now I have Sleep enabled after 1 hour and Hibernate after 2 hours but Hybrid Sleep disabled. If I enable Hybrid Sleep, will the computer write to the SSD both when it goes to Sleep and also when it goes to Hibernate an hour after that? I dont want it doing that. But if it only writes to the SSD once, when going to Sleep and an hour after that it automatically shuts off to Hibernate (since the Hibernate file was already created when it went to Sleep if Hybrid Sleep is on) then it might be useful to keep Hybrid Sleep on.

About memory timings, if Ryzen doesn't like odd memory timings but the best timings I can get are 19-19-19-19-43-61 at 2666 should I stick with that or will the odd memory timings wear out my memory or cpu faster or unstabilize my computer somehow? So far I haven't had any issues (knock on wood!) But maybe that was why Auto was trying to set the first number to 20!
    Last edited by Alex0915; 01-06-2019 at 10:52 AM.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array Alcolawl PC Specs
    Alcolawl PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Strix X470-F Gaming
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 3700X
    Memory (part number)G.Skill F4-346616D-16GTZKW
    Graphics Card #1AMD Radeon VII
    Sound CardCreative Sound BlasterX AE-5
    MonitorViotek GN27D
    Storage #1Samsung 860 EVO
    Storage #2ADATA SU800
    CPU CoolerArctic Freezer 34 eSports ONE
    CaseFractal Design Define R6
    Power SupplyFSP Group Hydro G 650W
    Keyboard Ducky Shine 7
    Mouse SteelSeries Rival 300 Black
    Headset HyperX Cloud II
    Mouse Pad SteelSeries QcK
    Headset/Speakers Klipsch ProMedia 2.1
    OS Windows 10 x64
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC1900

Quote Originally Posted by dfg555 View Post
    Regarding Performance Enhancer Level 2. What's the average voltage all core load without applying a negative offset? 1.4v?
    I don't remember the values exactly but I know that they exceeded 1.5V by a fair amount in some cases. WITH the offset VID calls for 1.456V but core voltage is being measured as 1.444V in HWInfo when all cores are stressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex0915 View Post
    Is Performance Enhancer Level 1, the "coolest" option? I thought either Default or Off was?
    I said IF he wanted to use Performance Enhancer. Obviously the coolest option if off/disabled.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

I don't remember the values exactly but I know that they exceeded 1.5V by a fair amount in some cases. WITH the offset VID calls for 1.456V but core voltage is being measured as 1.444V in HWInfo when all cores are stressed.

I said IF he wanted to use Performance Enhancer. Obviously the coolest option if off/disabled.
    Yes I get SOC voltage down under 0.9v with it set to off. I ended up picking Hibernation over Sleep because it does a complete shut off but saves your prior position and you can resume just by clicking the mouse or pressing a key, but my question is if you turn off the UPS or PSU or both and then try to get back from Hibernation do you need to press the power button or can you still resume from it by clicking the mouse or pressing a key? Also can you run an automated script or task to resume from hibernation at a specific time?

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by geekyadz View Post
    Hi,

I've recently got a Strix X470-F gaming board and wondering what BIOS version I should be using? At the moment it's running 4018. The plan is to dual boot Windows 10 with Linux (probably Linux Mint).

The rest of the specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700X
    GPU: Asus Strix Gaming RX Vega 64 08G
    Memory: 16gb Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 (BIOS says this is running at 2133 MHz)
    M.2: Samsung 970 Evo 250gb
    Hdd: WD Black 1.0tb

Any other tips and settings for the BIOS will be appreciated
    I have the same memory and i got my timmings down to this:

@3000mhz

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cvcx.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	155.7 KB 
ID:	78082

I have yet to update bios from 4018 to the latest, these timings took quite a long time to test and i don't think i'm gonna risk breaking anything unless a new bios offers something else other than just better memory support
    Last edited by Rohnlex; 01-07-2019 at 09:17 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

hello guys, i am using this board and have a slightly problem with the lighting on it

I am using 2 sticks of corsair vengeance (non pro) RGB and sit them in B2 and A2 DIMM slot

and when the Aura Sync software runs, they start syncing the RAMs stick from right to left (meaning from A2 to B2)

i just want them to change color from B2 to A2 respectively (meaning from left to right) and matching the motherboard LED's direction

is there any solution for this?

thank you for reading and hope to see if we can improve this

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by tungd00927 View Post
    hello guys, i am using this board and have a slightly problem with the lighting on it

I am using 2 sticks of corsair vengeance (non pro) RGB and sit them in B2 and A2 DIMM slot

and when the Aura Sync software runs, they start syncing the RAMs stick from right to left (meaning from A2 to B2)

i just want them to change color from B2 to A2 respectively (meaning from left to right) and matching the motherboard LED's direction

is there any solution for this?

thank you for reading and hope to see if we can improve this
    I have the Pro version and I have to change the order in iCue since they don't support AuraSync. To be honest from my brief experience of Sync it's not that great of an app.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by xacid View Post
    I have the Pro version and I have to change the order in iCue since they don't support AuraSync. To be honest from my brief experience of Sync it's not that great of an app.
    thank you for your reply, i can also change the syncing direction but using iCue will cancel the whole system's light syncing (i mean iCue can not control the motherboard's LED)

Page 71 of 191 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 81 121 171 ... LastLast