Page 106 of 192 FirstFirst ... 6 56 96 104 105 106 107 108 116 156 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1919
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Alcolawl View Post
    This isn't really an issue of the motherboard and has more to do with the CPU. Yes, this motherboard compared to others I've used on this platform seems to assign higher voltages to the Ryzen CPUs, but the CPU will request a voltage that it determines necessary, regardless of motherboard choice. To counter the sporadic fan behavior your can either adjust the fan curve so that the fans don't ramp up until CPU temp exceeds ~50°C or so and/or you can undervolt the CPU (which I recommend you do anyways, if you haven't already). Most users, like myself, are stable with a -.1V undervolt which helps tremendously with temps.
    It does it anyway even with readjusting the fan curve and all of that if you activate hibernate or sleep, something wakes the computer up even if you have all your wake timers turned off and it then loads the original default bios settings and freezes the screen. The fan noise is more annoying than the screen freeze. You have to use the power switch and do a hard restart. So I've completely stopped using hibernate and sleep and kept both off and instead just have the computer shut off automatically after a few hours of idle time.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by nxtlevel_tv View Post
    Hey guys!

i need some help - can't find whats wrong with my system.

-> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLq87N4cOS4

This happens random, system works fine for hours on heavy game load.

System:

ASUS ROG STRIX X470-F Gaming BIOS 4602
    AMD RYZEN 2700X ( Precision Boost Override enabled in BIOS )
    16GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200MHz RYZEN READY ( Runs on 2933MHz, system isn't stable with +3000MHz )
    Gigabyte GTX 1080ti OC Gaming
    BeQuiet 850W Straight Power PSU

Orange light should indicate some RAM error, right? But its blinking and the GPU behaviour is really strange?!
    Thanks!
    i have same problem on latest bios, i downgraded to 4207 and everything runs perfect now, i posted instructions earlier

ROG Member Array nxtlevel_tv PC Specs
    nxtlevel_tv PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG STRIX X470-F Gaming
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 2700x
    Memory (part number)16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4-3200 DIMM CL16
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte GTX 1080ti OC Gaming Black
    MonitorASUS ROG STRIX PG279Q
    CPU CoolerASUS ROG RYUO 240
    CaseCorsair carbide air 540
    Power SupplybeQuiet Straight Power 11 850W

Quote Originally Posted by Aeratiel View Post
    i have same problem on latest bios, i downgraded to 4207 and everything runs perfect now, i posted instructions earlier
    Thank you! Downgraded also to 4207 - system looks stable now.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Hey guys!

i need some help - can't find whats wrong with my system.

-> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLq87N4cOS4

This happens random, system works fine for hours on heavy game load.

System:

ASUS ROG STRIX X470-F Gaming BIOS 4602
    AMD RYZEN 2700X ( Precision Boost Override enabled in BIOS )
    16GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200MHz RYZEN READY ( Runs on 2933MHz, system isn't stable with +3000MHz )
    Gigabyte GTX 1080ti OC Gaming
    BeQuiet 850W Straight Power PSU

Orange light should indicate some RAM error, right? But its blinking and the GPU behaviour is really strange?!
    Thanks!
    Just when I thought things can't get any worse, I updated to the latest bios, and now I am facing this exact problem "AGAIN", back to page 19 on this thread or so I used to have this problem, I fixed it somehow but totally forgot how. But here we are again with random black screens with the orange blinking just like this user, and the GPU flashing between 2 colours.

What is happening?

Thank you! Downgraded also to 4207 - system looks stable now.
    Are you still stable?

ROG Member Array

Do you think they lose performance with the new bios ?

Do you think lose performance with the new bios ?, I do not think so, check this video and see the subtle differences.

Last edited by Barktoothx; 05-07-2019 at 02:05 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

This board really pushes me to the edge, 33 years I been building my own computers, and never have I come across such a troublesome board in my entire life. When I do a run of cinebench r15, i reach temps of 80c using an AIO liquid cooler, the CPU Package power reaches nearly 180w during the cinebench run which is absurd, the highest I've seen ever from even the most powerful machines/processers is around 115w with a cinebench stress test. What on earth is going on here?

Strangest thing is, if I put PE Level 3 (OC) on in the bios, these readings come down, however I've been told that level 3-4 are aggresive overclocks, so how on earth are my temps lowered and wattage usage lowered with an apparent agressive overclock, something doesn't sit right here. Problem is with stilts is you don't know any of the settings as it over-rides everything in bios in a ghost mode and just applies them no matter what value you enter.

Look at the maximums below, this is what a cinebench pushes, it's absolutely absurd, I know it's not a bad processor, because on level 3 (OC) I can do a cinebench run and achieve max temps of around 63c, which is very much more in-line with my setup and cooling solution. I really am going to need some people to start helping me, as I am very close to chucking this board.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HWiNFO64_2019-05-07_16-14-54.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	89.7 KB 
ID:	80328

Last edited by deankenny; 05-07-2019 at 03:43 PM.

New ROGer Array

Bios 4602 when set to PE level 2 applies a higher scaler than older versions, meaning that it pushes more voltage and clocks higher.
    The additional voltage (and thus power consumed and heat generated) are not worth the very small 100MHz or so increase in clock speed vs PE level 2 on older bios versions.
    I believe you can adjust the scaler yourself in the PBO menu, but I didn't go down that path, and instead reverted to 4207, where I was happy with the heat output etc.

For reference, running 4204 and PE level 2, my 2700X peaks at 156W total package power while running Cinebench r15, reaches a max of 69c under a Scythe Mugen 5 Rev B, and scores 1830cb

It will score higher on the latest bios 4602, but not much more considering the chip will hit 85c which is the max PBO allows and will receive more volts and of course use more power.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by LadFromWales View Post
    Bios 4602 when set to PE level 2 applies a higher scaler than older versions, meaning that it pushes more voltage and clocks higher.
    The additional voltage (and thus power consumed and heat generated) are not worth the very small 100MHz or so increase in clock speed vs PE level 2 on older bios versions.
    I believe you can adjust the scaler yourself in the PBO menu, but I didn't go down that path, and instead reverted to 4207, where I was happy with the heat output etc.

For reference, running 4204 and PE level 2, my 2700X peaks at 156W total package power while running Cinebench r15, reaches a max of 69c under a Scythe Mugen 5 Rev B, and scores 1830cb

It will score higher on the latest bios 4602, but not much more considering the chip will hit 85c which is the max PBO allows and will receive more volts and of course use more power.
    I downgraded to 4207, everything seems just that bit better from 4602.
    However I'm on a liquid cpu cooler, and although my peak package is now similar to yours, my temps with cinebench hit 72-73, I would expect, at least a few C below what your getting on an air cooler. Tempted to re-apply thermal paste, but I know i've done that 10 times already when I first got this cpu.

New ROGer Array

I apply a voltage offset of -0.05v, which brings all core load voltage down to around 1.25v CPU Core Voltage (SVI2 TFN).

The Scythe Mugen 5 Rev B is a pretty good air cooler, actually rivals the NH-D15 while fitting within a 120mm form factor, with only one fan.

I meant 4207 bios currently, typo

Running Prime95 28.10 with min and max FFT at 128 and run FFTs in-place results in peaks of up to 75c and a package power of up to 162W, with an average multiplier across all cores of 39.5x

Bios 4602 clocked slightly above 4GHz (can't remember multi) but ran 10c hotter (was on stock cooler then, though) and pushed more voltage...didn't like it, but didn't play with advanced PBO settings in an attempt to reign it in.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by LadFromWales View Post
    I apply a voltage offset of -0.05v, which brings all core load voltage down to around 1.25v CPU Core Voltage (SVI2 TFN).

The Scythe Mugen 5 Rev B is a pretty good air cooler, actually rivals the NH-D15 while fitting within a 120mm form factor, with only one fan.

I meant 4207 bios currently, typo

Running Prime95 28.10 with min and max FFT at 128 and run FFTs in-place results in peaks of up to 75c and a package power of up to 162W, with an average multiplier across all cores of 39.5x

Bios 4602 clocked slightly above 4GHz (can't remember multi) but ran 10c hotter (was on stock cooler then, though) and pushed more voltage...didn't like it, but didn't play with advanced PBO settings in an attempt to reign it in.
    I re-applied thermal paste using 5 dot method rather than the normal pea method I use usually. Now I got cinebench max temps down to 69-70, which is a result in my case. But what's strange is Prime 95 stress test with blend for half hour never went over 62-63c

Page 106 of 192 FirstFirst ... 6 56 96 104 105 106 107 108 116 156 ... LastLast