Page 108 of 191 FirstFirst ... 8 58 98 106 107 108 109 110 118 158 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1907
  1. #1071
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    9

    Please asus, where is the X470-f bios update for the ryzen 3000?

  2. #1072
    Rockford
    Guest
    Ryzen 3000 is not officially launched yet ?
    Last edited by Rockford; 05-28-2019 at 09:42 AM.

  3. #1073
    New ROGer Array Neo83 PC Specs
    Neo83 PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG STRIX x470-F
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 2600
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z 3600
    Graphics Card #1GeForce 1070
    Storage #1Kingston SSD
    CPU CoolerCoolerMaster Masterliquid 240
    CaseNZXT H500
    Power SupplyCorsair H750i
    Neo83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    3

    VRM for the 3000 series

    So how would the VRM on our board handle the 12 core OC?
    We have 360A from the VRM, but how does this translate watt-wise?

  4. #1074
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    7

    Does anybody know if this board will be compatible with PCI-e 4.0?

  5. #1075
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    38

    Quote Originally Posted by Neo83 View Post
    So how would the VRM on our board handle the 12 core OC?
    We have 360A from the VRM, but how does this translate watt-wise?
    The x470-F is 6 + 4 phase (6 phases for cpu + 4 for soc) and does not have the best heatsinks on VRM.
    It shoudl run the 12 core fine, but would not use it even you want to push it for overclocking.
    Heat on the VRM cappacitors would be my first concern.

    Time will tell, I would guess using the ryzen 3900x with PBO will work fine.

  6. #1076
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    218

    These boards do support PCIE 4.0 but only on one port- the one for the graphics card.

    About Ryzen 3000, I wonder if these boards will take the top of the line 16 core cpu, or would that be too much?

    When will the new processors be launched?

  7. #1077
    New ROGer Array Neo83 PC Specs
    Neo83 PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG STRIX x470-F
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 2600
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z 3600
    Graphics Card #1GeForce 1070
    Storage #1Kingston SSD
    CPU CoolerCoolerMaster Masterliquid 240
    CaseNZXT H500
    Power SupplyCorsair H750i
    Neo83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    3

    Quote Originally Posted by Orb79 View Post
    The x470-F is 6 + 4 phase (6 phases for cpu + 4 for soc) and does not have the best heatsinks on VRM.
    It shoudl run the 12 core fine, but would not use it even you want to push it for overclocking.
    Heat on the VRM cappacitors would be my first concern.

    Time will tell, I would guess using the ryzen 3900x with PBO will work fine.

    It's 6+4, but they are IR3555 on this board. IR3555 are 60A stages compared to the IR3553 (40A) that are used on many boards.
    2700X can pull upwards of 200A on LN2 I read. I'm not really seeing that 2 more cores at a better fab will pull over 160A more on water?
    Last edited by Neo83; 05-29-2019 at 06:55 AM.

  8. #1078
    Rockford
    Guest
    If people have the money to spend on a Ryzen 3900x, then get a new motherboard!
    2018 = desktop gaming personal computers
    2019 = desktop gaming server grade personal computers

    performance gained, private integrity walks
    Last edited by Rockford; 05-29-2019 at 10:16 AM.

  9. #1079
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex0915 View Post
    These boards do support PCIE 4.0 but only on one port- the one for the graphics card.

    About Ryzen 3000, I wonder if these boards will take the top of the line 16 core cpu, or would that be too much?

    When will the new processors be launched?
    Thanks.

    Well, no need to upgrade anything for me. The 4.0 on NVMe would be a plus, but well. I'm living with an old sata Samsung Evo, so... As far as the board goes, my focus will be on gaming, so the 3600/3700/3800 will be more than enough, no need to even get the 12-core part.

  10. #1080
    New ROGer Array Neo83 PC Specs
    Neo83 PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG STRIX x470-F
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 2600
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z 3600
    Graphics Card #1GeForce 1070
    Storage #1Kingston SSD
    CPU CoolerCoolerMaster Masterliquid 240
    CaseNZXT H500
    Power SupplyCorsair H750i
    Neo83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    3

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex0915 View Post
    These boards do support PCIE 4.0 but only on one port- the one for the graphics card.

    About Ryzen 3000, I wonder if these boards will take the top of the line 16 core cpu, or would that be too much?

    When will the new processors be launched?
    Then we put the GFX card in the next slot, and a m.2 pcie 4 adapter in the first

Page 108 of 191 FirstFirst ... 8 58 98 106 107 108 109 110 118 158 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •