Page 11 of 124 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 ... LastLast
    ROG Junior Member Array

So, I started a thread about Display driver issues and I ended up finding out that ALL of my problems were from a convergence of different elements; user Inexperience, inability to modify voltages on anything, and the mobo deciding that the only stable settings were to push out max voltages to the CPU constantly even when idle.

I would like some help if possible since I have found a temporary workaround by swapping out mobos of the same model.

1. I have two strix 470-f boards. This current one I am using successfully, has not had any BIOS update done to it and I am afraid to do so because I updated my previous board to 4011 and CPU voltages along side RAM voltages were not configurable at all. Should I update this BIOS to 4008 instead of 4011? I don't know if the voltage issue occurred when I did the 4011 BIOS update, so I am unsure of what action I should take here other than to be cautious. Currently, I can change voltages on this mobo and that's a good enough for the moment.

2. I disabled core performance boost in the CBS(I think this is the correct name) section because it constantly pumped 1.4-1.43 volts to my 2700x. What's the point of the booster if it's going to just push out volts that are considered to be too much? Can I just leave this off? Is it tied to anything else?

3. I see my Ryzen is fluctuating between 2GHz and 4GHz (watching it in Ryzen Master); considering that I disabled the boost in CBS, why is this happening? Do I need to manually set the MHz using Ratio or FID so that it doesn't move around so much? Or could I tweak whatever is the main dictator of what the CPU should be fluctuating between due to loads? I'd prefer that I leave the CPU to it's own business of clocking down when idle/not under a large load because I don't see the point in running it statically for all situations.

Edit: Odd. I set the FID(I need to stop calling that FIF >_>) to manual and 3700MHz but "Ryzen Master" is still showing as running between 3000 - 4000MHz. It seems to want to sit at 4000 and I have no idea why my manual setting isn't overriding that. Fun.
    Last edited by macabrecontract; 06-30-2018 at 07:22 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Sparx75 View Post
    He's talking about HWInfo64, which is a monitoring software. Refer back to my old post a little above about how running different monitoring software together is causing crashes becuase of a bug within the physical monioring chip present on all of the X470 mobos. Asus have confirmed the issue and will be releasing fixes for it in future BIOS releases. I don't think it has anything to do with Windows 10 v1803 though.

can you forward us this confirmation " Asus have confirmed the issue and will be releasing fixes"

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by macabrecontract View Post
    So, I started a thread about Display driver issues and I ended up finding out that ALL of my problems were from a convergence of different elements; user Inexperience, inability to modify voltages on anything, and the mobo deciding that the only stable settings were to push out max voltages to the CPU constantly even when idle.

I would like some help if possible since I have found a temporary workaround by swapping out mobos of the same model.

1. I have two strix 470-f boards. This current one I am using successfully, has not had any BIOS update done to it and I am afraid to do so because I updated my previous board to 4011 and CPU voltages along side RAM voltages were not configurable at all. Should I update this BIOS to 4008 instead of 4011? I don't know if the voltage issue occurred when I did the 4011 BIOS update, so I am unsure of what action I should take here other than to be cautious. Currently, I can change voltages on this mobo and that's a good enough for the moment.

2. I disabled core performance boost in the CBS(I think this is the correct name) section because it constantly pumped 1.4-1.43 volts to my 2700x. What's the point of the booster if it's going to just push out volts that are considered to be too much? Can I just leave this off? Is it tied to anything else?

3. I see my Ryzen is fluctuating between 2GHz and 4GHz (watching it in Ryzen Master); considering that I disabled the boost in CBS, why is this happening? Do I need to manually set the MHz using Ratio or FID so that it doesn't move around so much? Or could I tweak whatever is the main dictator of what the CPU should be fluctuating between due to loads? I'd prefer that I leave the CPU to it's own business of clocking down when idle/not under a large load because I don't see the point in running it statically for all situations.

Edit: Odd. I set the FID(I need to stop calling that FIF >_>) to manual and 3700MHz but "Ryzen Master" is still showing as running between 3000 - 4000MHz. It seems to want to sit at 4000 and I have no idea why my manual setting isn't overriding that. Fun.
    try to go back to older version of bios if not working contact asus they will till you if there is need for replacement .

ROG Member Array Crowzer PC Specs
    Crowzer PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG X470 Strix Gaming F
    ProcessorRyzen 7 2700X
    Memory (part number)16 GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200 Cas14
    Graphics Card #1Zotac Gaming RTX 2080 Ti AMP!
    MonitorAsus Rog Swift PQ279Q
    Storage #1Samsung 970 EVO 500GB
    Storage #2Western Digital My Book Elite 2TO
    CPU CoolerCorsair h100i RGB Platinum
    CaseFractal Meshify C
    Power SupplyBe Quiet Straight Power 11 850W
    Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB mk.2
    Mouse Corsair Glaive
    Headset Hyper X Cloud II
    Mouse Pad ASUS ROG Sheath
    Headset/Speakers Edififer speakers
    OS Windows 10 x64 1903
    Accessory #1 XBOX One Pad wirelss
    Accessory #2 Corsair ST100 RGB

I can't wait for the new BIOS update for Strix X470 Gaming F.
    Last edited by Crowzer; 07-01-2018 at 11:33 AM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Been trying around a workabout for the nzxt CAM causes windows black screens/reboots issues.
    No go for bios 4008 and 4011, have tried cam versions 3.3.5, 3.5.8 and 3.5.9

Alternative config:
    1. Revert back to bios 0225 and cam version 3.3.5 - no bsod/freeze for couple of days, ok to config fans speed tagged onto monitor cpu temp.

2. Dump the cam software, connect the pump to aio header and connect fans to cpu+cpu opt header, gain control via bios

Tried to report error to Asus, as expected, their reply was that user should contact NZXT instead
    Last edited by fungamer; 07-01-2018 at 11:30 AM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by fungamer View Post
    Been trying around a workabout for the nzxt CAM causes windows black screens/reboots issues.
    No go for bios 4008 and 4011, have tried cam versions 3.3.5, 3.5.8 and 3.5.9

Alternative config:
    1. Revert back to bios 0225 and cam version 3.3.5 - no bsod/freeze for couple of days, ok to config fans speed tagged onto monitor cpu temp.

2. Dump the cam software, connect the pump to aio header and connect fans to cpu+cpu opt header, gain control via bios

Tried to report error to Asus, as expected, their reply was that user should contact NZXT instead
    Just got my X62 installed last night, I downloaded cam, set the colour to the same colour as all my aura gear and closed cam, exited it from the "still running" in bottom right too, and all is running ok for me, do you leave cam running?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	36513059_10161091939705144_4488405282912731136_n.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	79.4 KB 
ID:	74524

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by deankenny View Post
    Just got my X62 installed last night, I downloaded cam, set the colour to the same colour as all my aura gear and closed cam, exited it from the "still running" in bottom right too, and all is running ok for me, do you leave cam running?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	36513059_10161091939705144_4488405282912731136_n.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	79.4 KB 
ID:	74524

yes I've left it running as I want the fan curves

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array AniChatt PC Specs
    AniChatt PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ThinkPad X270 i7 7500U
    MotherboardAsus Strix X470-F 4204
    ProcessorR5 1600X 3.90GHz 1.325v
    Memory (part number)FlareX 3000MHz 4x8GB 1.39v
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080
    MonitorLG 29UM69G Ultrawide
    Storage #1960EVO NVMe 250GB
    Storage #2850EVO SATA 1TB
    CPU CoolerCorsair H115i
    CaseNZXT S340 Razer
    Power SupplySeasonic Prime 850W
    Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB
    Mouse Corsair Harpoon
    OS Windows 10 1809

Hey guys posted a video on my channel on youtube. I am not a youtuber but I am planning to make some content related to this mobo. I have tried to explain my level best to describe this irritating black screen issue and possible solution. Requesting you guys to put comments there. English is not my mother tongue so bear with me.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array AniChatt PC Specs
    AniChatt PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ThinkPad X270 i7 7500U
    MotherboardAsus Strix X470-F 4204
    ProcessorR5 1600X 3.90GHz 1.325v
    Memory (part number)FlareX 3000MHz 4x8GB 1.39v
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080
    MonitorLG 29UM69G Ultrawide
    Storage #1960EVO NVMe 250GB
    Storage #2850EVO SATA 1TB
    CPU CoolerCorsair H115i
    CaseNZXT S340 Razer
    Power SupplySeasonic Prime 850W
    Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB
    Mouse Corsair Harpoon
    OS Windows 10 1809

Do anyone have any idea where is the p-state control option in the bios? I was unable to find it...

ROG Member Array D-X3M PC Specs
    D-X3M PC Specs
    MotherboardX470-f Gaming
    ProcessorRyzen 7 2700x
    Memory (part number)G.Skill 2x8GB DDR4 3200Mhz
    Graphics Card #1Asus Strix GTX1070 8GB DDR5
    Storage #1960 Evo m2 x 2
    CPU CoolerCoolermaster Masterliquid 240
    CaseCoolermaster 5
    Power Supply750 Watt Modular
    Keyboard Corsair K95
    Mouse Corsair Glaive RGB
    Headset Corsair Void Pro RGB
    Mouse Pad Corsair mm300 extended
    Headset/Speakers Harman Kardon AVR160 5.1
    OS Windows 10 Pro

black screen issues

Quote Originally Posted by AniChatt View Post
    Hey guys posted a video on my channel on youtube. I am not a youtuber but I am planning to make some content related to this mobo. I have tried to explain my level best to describe this irritating black screen issue and possible solution. Requesting you guys to put comments there. English is not my mother tongue so bear with me.

Also the new iCUE 3.# corsair version will conflict with ANY other tool installed so icue on asus 470chipset is 100% incompatible even 370chipsets

this is solved with using the cue2.# versions.

i can (can't find the right word) but can agree that aura sync with TEMP mode will cause a black screenfreeze when only using 1 hwtool like ai suite. this also happens when NO hw tool is installed, and aura sync is on TEMP mode, (i have been using random rgb profiles without issues as long as i stay away from TEMP mode)

i have since experienced 2 black screens, and have been stable since i used the (energysavingschedule workaround) as placed somewhere in this thread.. switching between high performance, balanced and amd balanced, i switches these around at random and am running on amd balanced stable right now

so far i was able to use amd ryzen master + ai suite 3 together witout crashes, however i removed amd ryzen master as i'm planning to go full manual in bios.

extra info: i also experienced crashes with fanexpert switching modes from standard to turbo at random, however i cannot repeat this as this was with a full installed windows with all drivers and multiple tools. and since i'm stable i don't dare to test this.
    Last edited by D-X3M; 07-01-2018 at 06:56 PM.

Page 11 of 124 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 ... LastLast