MotherboardAsus ROG Strix X470-F
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 5 2600X
    Memory (part number)16GB Ballistix LT @3466C14
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-D15
    OS Win10 Pro 1809

New ROGer Array

Voltages off when using Performance Enhancer Level 3 & 4

My current setup consist of 2700x, 16 GB Trident Z 3200, Kraken x52, EVGA 650w G+, Bios 4804, -.05V Offset
    I'm encountering inconsistent benchmark results when running PE 3 or PE4. If the system is initially powered on or restarted, the core voltages in HWInfo is static on all cores. The CPU SVI2 voltage however appears to read correctly since it goes up and down with the frequency. When core voltage is static, XFR2 will boost to 4.2 GHz all cores @ 1.4V while keeping temps under 70C.

When the system comes out of sleep, the HWINFO core voltages are no longer static. When I run Cinebench, XFR2 will only boost to 4.0 GHz. The strange part is that this only happens when performance enhancer level 3 & 4 is enabled. This has been occurring since BIOS version 4204. I know that the CPU can run at 4.2 and the only way (besides frequency multiplier overclock) I can achieve is through PE Level 4.

I uninstalled Ryzen Master and relying on the BIOS to handle 'overclock' through PBO/XFR. I will eventually upgrade to 3800x and was wondering if anyone else is seeing this same issue. I have a few more months remaining on warranty and wanted to see if this is normal or if I should RMA.

TIA
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos Before Sleep Higher XFR.jpg  

After Sleep.jpg  

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Rottie Mad View Post
    I started off by purchasing an ASUS ROG X470-F Gaming motherboard in October to accompany my Ryzen 2700X, 16GB 3200mhz Corsair Vengeance ram and Samsung 970 EVO and 960 EVO 3d NAND NVME drives

All well and good until one evening whilst using my pc I hear a kinda cracking noise from my tower. Upon inspection, i noticed the USB 3.1 Gen1 socket had completely detached from the board with the front IO cable still attached leaving exposed pins on my MOBO and killing my 2 day old £160 AIO cooler!

Long story short, Asus refuse point blank to do anything about the Strix X470F motherboard which was less then 8months old when the socket detached from the motherboard, spiking and trashing my brand spanking new AIO in the process................ w*****s basically told me warranty/exchange would only be possible if it wasnt damaged and linked me to an article saying id damaged it so its my problem

Anyone else have issues with QC on a £200+ (I think I paid £219)
    I had a similar issue where I could not unplug the USB 3.1 connector. The plastic connection terminal separated from the board but the pins are still attached. I was able to put the connector back over the pins. The pins are supporting the weight of the connector so I wont be surprised if the pins break off the board one day.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Alcolawl View Post
    I saw a post over on the AMD subreddit claiming that ASUS non-X570 motherboards won't support the Ryzen 9 3900X. This information is based off of out-of-date CPU compatibility lists and what not for the X470 boards. Many AMD staff and other tech reviewers were running their Ryzen 9 3900Xs on ASUS X470 motherboards before running them on an X570 motherboard without issue. I wouldn't worry. This and the CH7 are up to the task when it comes to supporting the 3900X.
    Problem is on the specs page for this board I saw them mention it supports up to "8 core CPU". I am waiting for the 16 core part to come out and see if that works with this board though.

Quote Originally Posted by schmak View Post
    Asus is notorious for not updating their lists. Their support sucks as well since they just go off of scripts that point to that list. Their X570 boards don't show support for the 3900x or 3950x either. I wouldn't take that list as gospel even if it should be.

As the other person stated, multiple reviewers and posted on the AMD subreddit have stated the 3900x works fine on Asus X470 boards, and some B450. I trust the testers and actual users more than Asus's list.

The point still stands though that even if that list is wrong, Asus support will be using that list and won't help you until they update it.
    This is great news! So the 16 core part should work well on this board too? It's coming out in the fall!

Quote Originally Posted by Topfn View Post
    looks like this board supports them

http://news.mydrivers.com/1/635/635772.htm

But I cant tell from the table (it's in Chinese) whether or not this board supports Gen 4 x16 or one of the slower varieties.

Quote Originally Posted by xeizo View Post
    R9 3900X even works well on the lowest Asrock B350M Pro4, check the Hardware Unboxed video. The X470-F has a lot beefier VRM and will have no problems with 3900X, and the bios has AGESA 1.0.0.2 which for Asus is the Ryzen 3000 release bios.

Now that tests are out we can see that 3900X just draws a tiny bit more power than the 2700X.
    So we can use the same cooler and fan speeds with the new cpu and this motherboard? What about with the 16 core part when it comes out in the Fall?

Quote Originally Posted by stinkypete1211 View Post
    I had a similar issue where I could not unplug the USB 3.1 connector. The plastic connection terminal separated from the board but the pins are still attached. I was able to put the connector back over the pins. The pins are supporting the weight of the connector so I wont be surprised if the pins break off the board one day.
    Is this the connector on the front of the case? I'm going to avoid using it so I dont put any stress on it.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Alex0915 View Post
    This is great news! So the 16 core part should work well on this board too? It's coming out in the fall!
    I won't say that, the VRM might now support the 3950, but the website has been updated to show this board supports the 3900x now.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Alex0915 View Post
    Is this the connector on the front of the case? I'm going to avoid using it so I dont put any stress on it.
    Yup the port is for external usb 3 connections. The connector used by the USB 3.1 Gen2 (used for USB-C) is similar to mini DVI so there are no issues.

Page 121 of 155 FirstFirst ... 21 71 111 119 120 121 122 123 131 ... LastLast