CPU CoolerCustom Water Loop
    Casebe quiet! DARK BASE PRO 900
    Power SupplyCorsair HXi 1000
    Keyboard Corsair K95 RGB Platium
    Mouse Corsair Nightsword
    Headset Phillips SHP9500S
    Headset/Speakers Corsair Void Pro RGB
    OS Windows 10 64-bit 1903

Just picked up this motherboard last week, it is a lot easier setup wise compared to the Gigabyte Aorus AX370 Gaming K7 I was using before. too many issues unresolved with Gigabyte's board, some hardware related. When they released their X470 board the specifications changed too much (downgraded IMO). Time to find a new board, this was the best choice I could afford not needing all the stuff on the Crosshair VII.

Currently running BIOS 4011 and there are a few things I like and some that are still problems.

I like the integrated heatsink for the M.2 drive. My NVMe boot drive is now running about 10° C cooler than in the K7. It also now boots everytime even on a reboot (the K7 had issues with the dirve on warm boots). I am using some older G.Skill Samsung B-die 3200 CAS14 DDR4, it is dual rank 16GB double-sided sticks for a total of 32 GB of RAM. The K7 will run it at 3000 Mhz on some BIOS's the Strix will run it at 3200 Mhz with no issues.

A couple of things are still issues. The CPU voltage is insanely high (Ryzen 7 2700X), I have seen it as high as 1.6V on AUTO settings. I am using water-cooling with a custom loop using a 240 x 45 mm and 240 x 60 mm radiators with the CPU water block and GPU waterblock in behind each reservoir. So I am not really having any heat issues, but the voltage is just out of control. I am having a few issues with Aura and the LightingService conflicting with a few EAC protected games. My past experience with AI Suite have not been good, so this software has never been installed on this PC. I am hoping that Asus addresses these issues as generally I am happier with this board than the K7 it replaced.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Wheres.Waldo View Post
    Just picked up this motherboard last week, it is a lot easier setup wise compared to the Gigabyte Aorus AX370 Gaming K7 I was using before. too many issues unresolved with Gigabyte's board, some hardware related. When they released their X470 board the specifications changed too much (downgraded IMO). Time to find a new board, this was the best choice I could afford not needing all the stuff on the Crosshair VII.

Currently running BIOS 4011 and there are a few things I like and some that are still problems.

I like the integrated heatsink for the M.2 drive. My NVMe boot drive is now running about 10° C cooler than in the K7. It also now boots everytime even on a reboot (the K7 had issues with the dirve on warm boots). I am using some older G.Skill Samsung B-die 3200 CAS14 DDR4, it is dual rank 16GB double-sided sticks for a total of 32 GB of RAM. The K7 will run it at 3000 Mhz on some BIOS's the Strix will run it at 3200 Mhz with no issues.

A couple of things are still issues. The CPU voltage is insanely high (Ryzen 7 2700X), I have seen it as high as 1.6V on AUTO settings. I am using water-cooling with a custom loop using a 240 x 45 mm and 240 x 60 mm radiators with the CPU water block and GPU waterblock in behind each reservoir. So I am not really having any heat issues, but the voltage is just out of control. I am having a few issues with Aura and the LightingService conflicting with a few EAC protected games. My past experience with AI Suite have not been good, so this software has never been installed on this PC. I am hoping that Asus addresses these issues as generally I am happier with this board than the K7 it replaced.
    As bad as this sounds but, Kind of a relief to hear there is actually another board (x470) board out there worse than this one for issues.

As for the voltage, by what I read you probably well beyond knowing this simple setting and have already done it, but just in case you can set a negative voltage offset.
    Last edited by deankenny; 07-02-2018 at 08:39 PM.

ROG Member Array Wheres.Waldo PC Specs
    Wheres.Waldo PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Strix X470-F Gaming
    ProcessorRyzen 7 2700X
    Memory (part number)F4-3200C14D-32GVK
    Graphics Card #1AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce
    Monitor43" 4K IPS
    Storage #1Samsung 970 EVO Pro, Samsung 960 EVO
    Storage #2HGST Deskstar 4TB 7200 RPM SATA
    Mouse Corsair Nightsword

Yes I am experimenting with just how much negative offset I can use and still boot.
    I love computers but my passion is cycling. My Shapeways page.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by deankenny View Post
    You mean a way for people with stock fans I assume? Because my pump is just running all on auto have not changed anything, I assumed it's running 100% with fans, but they are 1000x quieter that the stock cooler that I literally cannot hear anything but the chassis fans which run at a constant non changing rpm.
    By default, the krazen is set to silent mode for both fan speed and pump speed, and they are set to monitor the temperature of the liquid. Most users wld set them to monitor cpu temp. Try giving a tick to that auto startup when window launches, do you have window crashes for the subsequent boot ups?

New ROGer Array

Lovely hardware. The BIOS is a pain in the neck however.
    I moved my Ryzen 5 1600 and Hynix AFR memory to this board after my old MSI B350 board kept trying to cook itself running at 3.9 Ghz on the CPU and 2933 memory. I then find I can't manage to equal those settings on far superior hardware. DOCP just plain won't boot, and even throwing maximum safe voltages around like candy, it won't get my chip and memory stable at the same speeds.
    The Strix won't even run my 3000 rated memory at 2933!
    Come on Asus, fix this please? We know you're better than this!

Oh... wait, I own a Crosshair 3 formula...

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array AniChatt PC Specs
    AniChatt PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ThinkPad X270 i7 7500U
    MotherboardAsus Strix X470-F 4204
    ProcessorR5 1600X 3.90GHz 1.325v
    Memory (part number)FlareX 3000MHz 4x8GB 1.39v
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080
    MonitorLG 29UM69G Ultrawide
    Storage #1960EVO NVMe 250GB
    Storage #2850EVO SATA 1TB
    CPU CoolerCorsair H115i
    CaseNZXT S340 Razer
    Power SupplySeasonic Prime 850W
    Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB
    Mouse Corsair Harpoon
    OS Windows 10 1809

Guys why every one is complaining about high voltage? This is how the XFR2 and PBO is designed to do. Max clock with max possible voltage. Since it is designed by the manufacturer I believe it is not a problem even for longer run. But if you are not used to see 1.6v for a cpu becs of long time intel ocer (1.2~1.3v max) then frame a good overclock for the CPU and disable CPB & PBO = No high v spikes.
    And finally there is no tangible loss if you loose 300Mhz ocing. I mean if your cpu pushes 4.4 rarely with cpb and pbo and you have set a oc of 4.1 all core with a much lesser voltage then THERE WILL BE NO NOTE WORTHY LOSS IN PERFORMANCE. TEST IT

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array AniChatt PC Specs
    AniChatt PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ThinkPad X270 i7 7500U
    MotherboardAsus Strix X470-F 4204
    ProcessorR5 1600X 3.90GHz 1.325v
    Memory (part number)FlareX 3000MHz 4x8GB 1.39v
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080
    MonitorLG 29UM69G Ultrawide
    Storage #1960EVO NVMe 250GB
    Storage #2850EVO SATA 1TB
    CPU CoolerCorsair H115i
    CaseNZXT S340 Razer
    Power SupplySeasonic Prime 850W
    Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB
    Mouse Corsair Harpoon
    OS Windows 10 1809

Managed to reduce a bit more voltage now I am at 1.375 - 0.050 = 1.325 for 39x. IBT stable. Running cooler

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by AniChatt View Post
    Guys why every one is complaining about high voltage? This is how the XFR2 and PBO is designed to do. Max clock with max possible voltage. Since it is designed by the manufacturer I believe it is not a problem even for longer run. But if you are not used to see 1.6v for a cpu becs of long time intel ocer (1.2~1.3v max) then frame a good overclock for the CPU and disable CPB & PBO = No high v spikes.
    And finally there is no tangible loss if you loose 300Mhz ocing. I mean if your cpu pushes 4.4 rarely with cpb and pbo and you have set a oc of 4.1 all core with a much lesser voltage then THERE WILL BE NO NOTE WORTHY LOSS IN PERFORMANCE. TEST IT

can you give me guide how to deal with it i am planing to get 2700x for this motherboard to upgrade from 2400g , currently there is no need for OC i will run on stock settings what is the best setting to use to reduce the temps voltage

ROG Member Array Wheres.Waldo PC Specs
    Wheres.Waldo PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Strix X470-F Gaming
    ProcessorRyzen 7 2700X
    Memory (part number)F4-3200C14D-32GVK
    Graphics Card #1AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce
    Monitor43" 4K IPS
    Storage #1Samsung 970 EVO Pro, Samsung 960 EVO
    Storage #2HGST Deskstar 4TB 7200 RPM SATA
    Mouse Corsair Nightsword

@AniChatt
    Except that high voltages also result in higher heat. Besides, almost all overclockers are looking for Max overclock at Min voltage, not Max at Max.
    I love computers but my passion is cycling. My Shapeways page.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Wheres.Waldo View Post
    @AniChatt
    Except that high voltages also result in higher heat. Besides, almost all overclockers are looking for Max overclock at Min voltage, not Max at Max.
    Exactly. And even without any OC it is hovering very close to throttling temp, which cannot possibly be right. Especially when a different bios version has it sitting 20C lower with exactly the same performance.
    And I am not going to spend 150 EUR on a watercooler just to fix the symptoms of a buggy bios

Page 14 of 153 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 114 ... LastLast