Page 185 of 186 FirstFirst ... 85 135 175 183 184 185 186 LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,850 of 1852
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Hello

X470F BIOS 5406 AM4 combo PI 1.0.0.4 patch B safe to upgrade? Anyone has any issue with this latest bios on x470f?

ROG Enthusiast Array chevy350 PC Specs
    chevy350 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG Strix X470-F
    Processor2700X
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z 3600
    Graphics Card #1XFX RX580
    Graphics Card #2Zotac GTX 550Ti
    MonitorAcer KG240 & AOC S24D300
    Storage #1OCZ RD400
    Storage #2Samsung 950 Pro 256Gb
    CPU CoolerKraken X62
    Case750D
    Power SupplySeaSonic Platinum 860W
    Keyboard Razer Black Widow
    Mouse J-Tech Digital Verticle Mouse
    Headset Arctis 7
    Mouse Pad Corsair
    Headset/Speakers Corsair 1500
    OS Win 10 x64

Quote Originally Posted by SumTingWong View Post
    Hello

X470F BIOS 5406 AM4 combo PI 1.0.0.4 patch B safe to upgrade? Anyone has any issue with this latest bios on x470f?

No issues on my end, been using since release and actually able to tighten up ram a tad more
    AMD 2700X, Asus ROG Strix X470-F, G.Skill Trident Z Neo 3600 (16gbx2), XFX RX 580, NZXT Kraken X62, Corsair 750D, SeaSonic 860W, OCZ RD400, Samsung 950 Pro 256Gb, Intel 520 120Gb SSD

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by SumTingWong View Post
    Hello

I unfortunately have problems with the agesa. My pc won't boot at all and I get the dram led if the ram is 3600 MHz though 3200 MHz it runs fine. I had to revert back to 1.0.0.3 abba and then it accepted my ram without any problems.

The ram is on the qvl list.

New ROGer Array

Power Up/Boot/Post Issues

Hey guys. I'm not a daily Strix user, and I need to pick your brains. My stepson and I built his first gaming PC and he's been using it for a couple of months.

It's a Strix X470-F with Ryzen 2600 and Toughpower Grand 750 RGB PSU. He says he was playing and the PC just shut off. He's fairly responsible but from my background in support and testing, I always suspect there's more the user didn't tell me, but that's all I know at the moment. The motherboard RGB lights come on, and orange power light on motherboard. But I'm not getting any QLED's and fans don't spin etc when I try to power it on. I tried reseating GPU and removing RAM sticks to test independently and nothing yet.

Any suggestions on next troubleshooting steps? Anyone seen this before?

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by CharliesTheMan View Post
    Hey guys. I'm not a daily Strix user, and I need to pick your brains. My stepson and I built his first gaming PC and he's been using it for a couple of months.

It's a Strix X470-F with Ryzen 2600 and Toughpower Grand 750 RGB PSU. He says he was playing and the PC just shut off. He's fairly responsible but from my background in support and testing, I always suspect there's more the user didn't tell me, but that's all I know at the moment. The motherboard RGB lights come on, and orange power light on motherboard. But I'm not getting any QLED's and fans don't spin etc when I try to power it on. I tried reseating GPU and removing RAM sticks to test independently and nothing yet.

Any suggestions on next troubleshooting steps? Anyone seen this before?
    If Q-LED is not light up at all, it seems that you should start troubleshooting with removing everything from the motherboard, leaving only the CPU installed, trying to get any BIOS error w/ beep-code (like 'no GPU installed' or 'no memory found'). Try with resetting the BIOS, too.
    If nothing is changed, then you know that the error have to come from a faulty PSU, a burnt motherboard or a burnt CPU, in specific order from the most possible to the less possible.
    The same test can be done by removing also the CPU, making the motherboard to 'beep' about the missing CPU.

This kind of troubleshooting would get much easier if another working PSU or CPU is in hand, to make a series of the same tests by using these one instead of the 'possible' faulty ones.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by timiman View Post
    If Q-LED is not light up at all, it seems that you should start troubleshooting with removing everything from the motherboard, leaving only the CPU installed, trying to get any BIOS error w/ beep-code (like 'no GPU installed' or 'no memory found'). Try with resetting the BIOS, too.
    If nothing is changed, then you know that the error have to come from a faulty PSU, a burnt motherboard or a burnt CPU, in specific order from the most possible to the less possible.
    The same test can be done by removing also the CPU, making the motherboard to 'beep' about the missing CPU.

This kind of troubleshooting would get much easier if another working PSU or CPU is in hand, to make a series of the same tests by using these one instead of the 'possible' faulty ones.
    I really appreciate your input. It was really helpful in confirming some things I had assumed but feel better hearing from someone else, and gave me some new ideas. I do have parts in my rig to test with, I built his computer with that in mind. Everything we have is interchangeable. I went ahead and ordered a PSU tester from Amazon after seeing how easy that is now, I'm from the old school and had already dug out my jumper wires and multimeter, but the PSU tester will let me test the power supply with a lot less disassembly and headache. From that point if the PSU tests fine, I'll start stripping parts down on both rigs and swapping them. If it's the CPU, I think I'm just going to have to get myself a better CPU and hand mine down lol.

Last question, does this board have an onboard motherboard speaker? I've also got one of those on the way just in case it doesn't. There wasn't one packaged seperate in his box but I received it open box.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by CharliesTheMan View Post
    I really appreciate your input. It was really helpful in confirming some things I had assumed but feel better hearing from someone else, and gave me some new ideas. I do have parts in my rig to test with, I built his computer with that in mind. Everything we have is interchangeable. I went ahead and ordered a PSU tester from Amazon after seeing how easy that is now, I'm from the old school and had already dug out my jumper wires and multimeter, but the PSU tester will let me test the power supply with a lot less disassembly and headache. From that point if the PSU tests fine, I'll start stripping parts down on both rigs and swapping them. If it's the CPU, I think I'm just going to have to get myself a better CPU and hand mine down lol.

Last question, does this board have an onboard motherboard speaker? I've also got one of those on the way just in case it doesn't. There wasn't one packaged seperate in his box but I received it open box.
    Just a thought, usually the PSU works better (gives out real life readings on its separate voltage rails 5V/12V) under load and not with a PSU tester only. So, it would be better to test it with a multimeter (usually from a free 4-pin molex connector) when the issue occurs, in your case when the M/B is powered but not booting as it should.

This M/B does not have a onboard speaker. It uses the speaker of the case it is installed in. In the lower right of the M/B there is a bunch of pins labeled as 'PANEL'.
    There should be a 4-pin connector starting from the upper most right corner, going with a 4-pin wire to the case.
    I think you can find simple 4-pin mini-speaker in e-shops, too.
    Last edited by timiman; 03-05-2020 at 12:31 PM.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by timiman View Post
    Just a thought, usually the PSU works better (gives out real life readings on its separate voltage rails 5V/12V) under load and not with a PSU tester only. So, it would be better to test it with a multimeter (usually from a free 4-pin molex connector) when the issue occurs, in your case when the M/B is powered but not booting as it should.

This M/B does not have a onboard speaker. It uses the speaker of the case it is installed in. In the lower right of the M/B there is a bunch of pins labeled as 'PANEL'.
    There should be a 4-pin connector starting from the upper most right corner, going with a 4-pin wire to the case.
    I think you can find simple 4-pin mini-speaker in e-shops, too.
    I need some help.... I just upgraded my OS from W10 v1809 to v1909 and my desktop went black (no icons). I also dont have a taskbar or even a start menu or any of the other stuff that's supposed to be at the bottom. I was able to get my browsers and programs to run using Ctrl-Alt-Del. I tried some fixes none worked, and trying to use System Restore to get back to the earlier build of W10 didn't work either. Now when I open programs and then minimize them instead of going to the taskbar (which now doesn't exist) they minimize to a grey strip at the bottom of my screen. What happened here? I restarted multiple times and even though System Restore didn't work (it said it couldn't complete the action when trying to restore the registry) now I get my normal desktop and taskbar stuff 2/3 times, I still get the black desktop and no taskbar sometimes though and it's really annoying. Is there a permanent fix for this? There are no more windows updates available at the current time.

New ROGer Array

Sometimes when I restart PC all fans connected to this motherboard go 100% until Windows start and load fan software? Is it normal? If not, any way to fix it? It's not happening every time I restart the PC but sometimes. Hard to tell when and why as it's behaving like that more randomly.

New ROGer Array

i found a way for me to get back 100MHZ bclk.
    i used the EZ Tuning Wizard in the bios. after following the steps of the wizard, i had to restart the computer.
    Now i have back 100MHZ bus clock. Bevor that i had 99.8MHZ.

The only obvious change of the wizard made, i noticed, was the cpu multiplier. I changed the multiplier back and i still have that 100MHZ bclk.

Hope that helps anybody else, too.

Page 185 of 186 FirstFirst ... 85 135 175 183 184 185 186 LastLast