Page 186 of 186 FirstFirst ... 86 136 176 184 185 186
Results 1,851 to 1,857 of 1857
    ROG Enthusiast Array

I'm still on a bios way from early last year after many problems with my 2700x, temps, volts, fan speed etc. Had to keep reverting back and back again after bios updates, as the old one seemed to work.

But I have not checked in a good while, how are things looking bios wise concerning the 2700x, are the voltages sorted, 100% fan speed issue, and other things I can't remember, hows it looking?

ROG Enthusiast Array

Having such a hard time with this chip, i've had it since not long after it's release paired with an Asus x470-f gaming board. After early problems, 100% constant fan speed and many other issues I slowly trickled them down, but 1 problem always bugs me and that's my temps and cpu package power vs other peoples 2700x.

On PE level 2, even with an undervolt of -0.1 running a cinebench r15 results in temps of 75c+ and even more worringly cpu package power exceeds 185w, which would explain the high temperature, I'm also running an AIO cooler in the kraken x62, which just makes all this even more frustrating. If I add more undervolt, I don't post, if I default the vcore then the temps are even higher of course. If I set PE level 1 I get some good looking temps of 60c under a cinebench run, but my score goes down to 1700 just under, cpu package power is much lower too at 120-140w. Whenever I see others results, their temps are usually below 70c scoring close to 1900 and cpu package power of around 150w seems to be everyone elses norm. I've been through many bios's and it's always the same.

This video is old now, but still applies today. I'm begging anyone for some help on this, as it's really got to me now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIA3WiwvKPs

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by don_lukito View Post
    Sometimes when I restart PC all fans connected to this motherboard go 100% until Windows start and load fan software? Is it normal? If not, any way to fix it? It's not happening every time I restart the PC but sometimes. Hard to tell when and why as it's behaving like that more randomly.
    No one? My sister man is experiencing it also, but his motherboard is a B-450 STRIX E-Gaming

I've just updated chipset drivers on my X-470 STRIX F-Gaming to the newest, but I'm experiencing some hacking since that. Like lags on my desktop, impossible to work sometimes, hacking sound, hearing scratches and distortions Sometimes, because a restart will always fix it. I'm running 5204 BIOS.
    Do you all good there? What can I do to fix it? I've seen a non working SM Bus Controller Code 28 device in Device Manager. I've tried to update the driver from Windows Update but as always, nothing has been found. Everything was good before and I've marked a clean install of chipset drivers while updating... even my Radeon drivers has been uninstalled...

This is the latest build of chipset driver.
    Version 19.30.28
    2020/01/20464.51 MBytes
    AMD Chipset Driver
    Install AMD Chipset Driver.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by hankey View Post
    i found a way for me to get back 100MHZ bclk.
    i used the EZ Tuning Wizard in the bios. after following the steps of the wizard, i had to restart the computer.
    Now i have back 100MHZ bus clock. Bevor that i had 99.8MHZ.

The only obvious change of the wizard made, i noticed, was the cpu multiplier. I changed the multiplier back and i still have that 100MHZ bclk.

Hope that helps anybody else, too.
    Who knew ha! Thanks!

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Bender88 View Post
    Hi everyone, I've released a Bios Mod for our motherboard. I don't use this forum every day so If you want to give feedback please do it in the mod thread. https://www.overclock.net/forum/11-a...-bios-mod.html

Use at your own risk
    Does anyone have this bios file to send me?

New ROGer Array

Spurious detection of non-existant audio devices

Hi,

I am getting a Supreme-FX pop-up window asking me "Which device did you plug in?" (options are "Headphone" or "Front Speaker Out") at random times. , when there has been nothing plugged in or out.
    This only started happening after I upgraded the HDDs from two 4TB WD Reds to a 6TB WD Blue and a 6TB Seagate Barracuda, and seems to happen when the drives spin up (although I am not sure of that). Otherwise, the system has been working fine for the last 18 months.
    I have a CoolerMaster HAF XB EVO case, and had the front-panel wires properly connected to the MB.
    To try and fix the problem, I disconnected the audio wires from the front panel (i.e. no longer plugged into the MB), but the problem still occurs.
    Does anyone have any helpful thoughts?

Thanks!

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by hilndr44 View Post
    Hi,

I am getting a Supreme-FX pop-up window asking me "Which device did you plug in?" (options are "Headphone" or "Front Speaker Out") at random times. , when there has been nothing plugged in or out.
    This only started happening after I upgraded the HDDs from two 4TB WD Reds to a 6TB WD Blue and a 6TB Seagate Barracuda, and seems to happen when the drives spin up (although I am not sure of that). Otherwise, the system has been working fine for the last 18 months.
    I have a CoolerMaster HAF XB EVO case, and had the front-panel wires properly connected to the MB.
    To try and fix the problem, I disconnected the audio wires from the front panel (i.e. no longer plugged into the MB), but the problem still occurs.
    Does anyone have any helpful thoughts?

Thanks!
    Hi..similar problem was solved by disabling the depop option in bios !

Page 186 of 186 FirstFirst ... 86 136 176 184 185 186