Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1080 Ti OC edition
    MonitorPanasonic Viera tv
    Storage #1Samsung Ssd 250gb
    Storage #2Seagate barracuda 1Tb sata 3
    CPU CoolerGamemax Iceberg twin closes water cooler
    CaseGamemax
    Power SupplyCorsair 850watt PSU
    OS Windows 10 Pro

Just out of interest those that have overclocked what cpu speeds are you getting? My mate has the same hardware as me apart from his motherboard is the x470-f and he can only get a max boost speed of 4.1ghz anymore and system crashes, yet im running the older x370-f and can run at 4.5ghz stable and if i dont run stress test can run at 4.6ghz.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array AniChatt PC Specs
    AniChatt PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ThinkPad X270 i7 7500U
    MotherboardAsus Strix X470-F 4204
    ProcessorR5 1600X 3.90GHz 1.325v
    Memory (part number)FlareX 3000MHz 4x8GB 1.39v
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080
    MonitorLG 29UM69G Ultrawide
    Storage #1960EVO NVMe 250GB
    Storage #2850EVO SATA 1TB
    CPU CoolerCorsair H115i
    CaseNZXT S340 Razer
    Power SupplySeasonic Prime 850W
    Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB
    Mouse Corsair Harpoon
    OS Windows 10 1809

Quote Originally Posted by Orb79 View Post
    About using 4 dimms, you cant overclock near as far compared to 2 dimms, gives to much stress on the internal memory controller of the cpu.
    Maximum achievable is 3333 mhz with 4 dimms, compared to 3600 mhz with 2 dimms.

You could experiment with command rate / geardown:
    1T geardown disabled, would be amazed if you could get it stable past 3000 mhz
    1T geardown enabled (is like 1.5T)
    2T geardown disabled, more stable, you might achieve 3200 mhz cl14 with your ram and you can use uneven CL timings, like CL15.

try tweak all manual timings, as the ryzen dram calculator advises, gives much lower latencies then leaving it on auto
    to only ones that did not work for me is
    - trdrdscl 2 or 3, needs to be 4
    - twrwrscal 2 or 3, needs to be 4
    - my ram cant do trcdwr 16, so using e.g cl15-17-17-17, get no performance increase if I use cl15-17-15-15

im using this atm with:
    Crucial Ballistix Elite 4x8GB DDR4-3466 - BLE2K8G4D34AEEAK
    XMP 3466 16-18-18-36
    (samsung B-die, but not the best ones, but they where cheap)

Attachment 74111

3266 mhz CL16-17-17-17 is also stable for met with Geardown enabled, 1T
    3333 mhz stable-ish, can game with it fine but ussually gives me an error in prime stress testing after an hour or so
    Really good info thanks man. Just to add the default DOCP is setting main latency values as per SPD of the FlareX kit. Now I know that the 4x4 config stresses out really the the IMC of the CPU so stability is also CPU dependent. I have not tweaked anything yet for RAM. Since I am using 1600x so I think PBO will not work for me. I have tested with 38.5x at 1.35v (-ve offset of 0.0250) works just fine but gonna increase to 39 and test soon. Using Ryzen balanced power plan and reduced idle cpu rate to 60% just for fun nothing else.
    In this mobo the CPU temp by the CPU and CPU temp show by the Mobo is same unlike the older Strix B350F where the CPU temp shown by the mobo is always a bit lower than the actual shown by my CPU.
    I will test with Ryzen DRAM calculator again in this new mobo and post you. To check stability why you are using prime? HCI memtest is a much better program for this and it detects error really fast. Try the dang wang version of the hcj memtest from g.skill forum. They also use it for their stability testing and run it for at least 350%+. It also does not generate lot of heat for the CPU.

AniChatt PC Specs
    CPU CoolerCorsair H115i
    CaseNZXT S340 Razer
    Mouse Corsair Harpoon
    OS Windows 10 1809

Ok I have tested it with 3400Mhz at 18-18-18-18-38 timing rest default and 1.37v at 2x8GB config. During stress test it is not shoing error but the screen goes blank with mouse pointer for few seconds and recovers on it's own. So I think it means the stress test putting so much pressure on the IMC of this CPU that it facing difficulty to show/refresh screen properly. That means it will be better for me to back off from 3400 right? What is your thought?

Between 3200 at 14-14-14-32 vs 3400 18-18-18-38 what is better? I have seen same CB R15 result for these two setting so It is compensating each other (frequency vs. timing) I believe right?

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Orb79 View Post
    hundreds of post about people with their fancy crosshair VII, hardy anything on the X470-F gaming
    The x470-F Gaming is still the most expensive motherboard I've ever purchased. Which is why I was so concerned that I had bought a dud with all the spontaneous reboots and black screens I was getting. However, it's looking more and more to me that it was Asus AISuite causing the issues, as I haven't had a single reboot or black screen since earlier in the week (there was an IRQ_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL BSOD yesterday pointing to the NT Kernel, but that was the only one over the last couple of days). I'm waiting for the weekend before concluding the problem is fixed to see how it goes over an extended period of use.

To AniChatt - thanks for your help. I think you've just saved me from many more wasted hours/days/weeks and expense in replacing parts trying to troubleshoot the problem. As it is, I've already spent a few hundred $$ on a new power supply which I didn't need (may have a use in future though).

Thanks Asus - it would be great if you had a look at the problems AISuite is causing. The black screen and spontaneous reboots (with no BSOD log being generated) just looked very much like a hardware problem rather than pointing to a software issue - I was ready to RMA the board on warranty if I couldn't figure it out.

AniChatt PC Specs
    CPU CoolerCorsair H115i
    CaseNZXT S340 Razer
    Mouse Corsair Harpoon
    OS Windows 10 1809

So far my CPU is stable at 39.25x at 1.40v and RAM at 3200 in 4x8GB almost default timing and reduced SoC voltage of 1.10 - 0.0250.

With HCI memtest for very long run say 4hr+ I have not seen error in between but the problem is after this much long stress test the display is not recovering only the free moving pointer on the screen. I do keep my monitor shut down during test and not continuously monitoring it. Any clue how to overcome this issue? However the Intel burn test is not showing any instability for 30 high runs. I don't like Prime95 any more since it takes to much time compared to IBT to find instability.

This board sets default SOC at 1.15 in auto DOCP which is not required. SO far tested at 1.08 and found issue. I will reduce it further and update. What stability others are getting at which voltage?

AniChatt PC Specs
    CPU CoolerCorsair H115i
    CaseNZXT S340 Razer
    Mouse Corsair Harpoon
    OS Windows 10 1809

Quote Originally Posted by RealAntithesis View Post
    The x470-F Gaming is still the most expensive motherboard I've ever purchased. Which is why I was so concerned that I had bought a dud with all the spontaneous reboots and black screens I was getting. However, it's looking more and more to me that it was Asus AISuite causing the issues, as I haven't had a single reboot or black screen since earlier in the week (there was an IRQ_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL BSOD yesterday pointing to the NT Kernel, but that was the only one over the last couple of days). I'm waiting for the weekend before concluding the problem is fixed to see how it goes over an extended period of use.

To AniChatt - thanks for your help. I think you've just saved me from many more wasted hours/days/weeks and expense in replacing parts trying to troubleshoot the problem. As it is, I've already spent a few hundred $$ on a new power supply which I didn't need (may have a use in future though).

Thanks Asus - it would be great if you had a look at the problems AISuite is causing. The black screen and spontaneous reboots (with no BSOD log being generated) just looked very much like a hardware problem rather than pointing to a software issue - I was ready to RMA the board on warranty if I couldn't figure it out.
    Glad to know it worked. If you want Aura then use aura and still you can use any 1 additional hw monitor and it will work just fine. For me, I have used it with Aura+HWinfo+Aorus engine with no issues. But if you are using Aura as smart temp lighting mode then you have to stop using HWinfo otherwise there may be issues. You may give it a try and update.

ROG Enthusiast Array celab PC Specs
    celab PC Specs
    MotherboardStrix B350-F Gaming / BIOS 5220
    ProcessorRyzen 1600 @stock
    Memory (part number)FlareX - F4-3200C14D-16GFX @stock
    Graphics Card #1Palit GameRock Premium 1080 @stock
    Sound CardOnboard
    MonitorAcer GF246
    Storage #1960EVO/250GB - NVMe driver 3.1
    CPU Coolerkraken x41 /no cam software
    Casefreestyle
    Power SupplyThermaltake Toughpower Grand RGB 850W Gold
    Keyboard Logitech G105
    Mouse Razer DeathAdder Expert (cable), 3500dpi/1000Hz
    Headset -
    Mouse Pad Razer Goliathus Speed Edition
    Headset/Speakers Sennheiser HD 4.20s
    OS Win10 Pro 64bit/1903 - 18362.387
    Network RouterFibre Optic 100Mbit/synchron

smbus

if you use too many programs reading the same smbus with their sensor software you will get errors. just stick to one prog only, dont have multible running. i think thats the prob.
    Orwell was an optimist

ROG Member Array

A bit discouraged, but hopeful

Hi. 1st time poster and new ROGer. I've always admired ASUS, but this is my first build with their boards. I could use some encouragement...

Brand new rig: Ryzen 2700x, G.Skill 3200 FlareX kit, EVGA 850 Supernova, NZXT Kraken x62, Grizzly Conductonaut, NZXT S340 Elite case, Evo 960 M.2, WD Black 2TB, using StoreMI on those two disk drives.

I am not doing anything aggressive yet. Been using the D.O.C.P. AI Tweaker setting in BIOS (4011), mostly. I have tried leaving that setting on Auto and manually setting DRAM timings and voltages. Temps are good. I avoid running multiple HW monitors, just using either Ryzen Master or HWInfo.

I'm experiencing two lockukps:

1. She locks up randomly, without BSOD, nothing in the Windows Event Logs. I have to hold the power button, or sometimes actually pull the power cable. It boots fine after that. Only to lockup again at some point.
    2. When I've tried to run long runs of Prime95, the screens will turn off (per the High Performance power plan, off in 15min) and I can not wake it back up. I can't tell if is actually locked up, or just asleep.

I've run an 1.5 hours of MemTest86 with no errors (or lockups), so I think the RAM is ok.

I'm hoping I missing something simple; maybe a voltage too high/low, a wakup setting (the ErP thing) set wrong.

Any advice on what to check?

Many thanks in advance.

-cgmjr
    Last edited by cgmjr; 06-12-2018 at 08:17 PM.

AniChatt PC Specs
    CPU CoolerCorsair H115i
    CaseNZXT S340 Razer
    Mouse Corsair Harpoon
    OS Windows 10 1809

Quote Originally Posted by cgmjr View Post
    Hi. 1st time poster and new ROGer. I've always admired ASUS, but this is my first build with their boards. I could use some encouragement...

Brand new rig: Ryzen 2700x, G.Skill 3200 FlareX kit, EVGA 850 Supernova, NZXT Kraken x62, Grizzly Conductonaut, NZXT S340 Elite case, Evo 960 M.2, WD Black 2TB, using StoreMI on those two disk drives.

I am not doing anything aggressive yet. Been using the D.O.C.P. AI Tweaker setting in BIOS (4011), mostly. I have tried leaving that setting on Auto and manually setting DRAM timings and voltages. Temps are good. I avoid running multiple HW monitors, just using either Ryzen Master or HWInfo.

I'm experiencing two lockukps:

1. She locks up randomly, without BSOD, nothing in the Windows Event Logs. I have to hold the power button, or sometimes actually pull the power cable. It boots fine after that. Only to lockup again at some point.
    2. When I've tried to run long runs of Prime95, the screens will turn off (per the High Performance power plan, off in 15min) and I can not wake it back up. I can't tell if is actually locked up, or just asleep.

I've run an 1.5 hours of MemTest86 with no errors (or lockups), so I think the RAM is ok.

I'm hoping I missing something simple; maybe a voltage too high/low, a wakup setting (the ErP thing) set wrong.

Any advice on what to check?

Many thanks in advance.

-cgmjr
    Set everything to auto and do not apply docp. Download Intel Burn test and run it for 30 runs and high preset. Now check if it is stable or not. If stable then again restart and apply docp 3200 over previous default and schek with IBT again. If something is messy in this test then I would suggest you to roll back to 4008 bios and test it in the same way. I think it will not occur. Just to make sure use only hwinfo and don't use ryzen master. however the best way of ocing your cpu is through bios. Do not use any windows based dw for oc.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by AniChatt View Post
    Set everything to auto and do not apply docp. Download Intel Burn test and run it for 30 runs and high preset. Now check if it is stable or not. If stable then again restart and apply docp 3200 over previous default and schek with IBT again. If something is messy in this test then I would suggest you to roll back to 4008 bios and test it in the same way. I think it will not occur. Just to make sure use only hwinfo and don't use ryzen master. however the best way of ocing your cpu is through bios. Do not use any windows based dw for oc.
    Will do.

One update: I -may- have found the culprit: MSI Gaming App. I have an MSI Twin Frozr GTX 1060. It has a little bit of LED going on. I had it running in Services to apply a "breathing" effect to the card. On a hunch I removed it. System ran overnight on Prime95 without locking up. I've been fiddling with settings and such this morning, and the only lockup I've had is NZXT CAM software running concurrently with HWInfo (a known issue, yes? >1 monitoring apps running?)

Anyhoot, I'll give the IBT thing a go as well.

Many thanks for the reply, @AniChatt

Page 2 of 165 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast