Page 39 of 187 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 89 139 ... LastLast
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Wow I just saw my life flash in front of my eyes, I downloaded and installed HWInfo and I enabled the ASUS EC sensor in spite of the warning (my mistake) and everything was okay for a few minutes and then my computer suddenly went dark. The case fans were still spinning and the AURA lights were still working (I have them set to turn off during hibernation in Ryzen balanced mode) but the keyboard and mouse were unresponsive and pressing the power button did nothing. I turned the power supply off and then the case fans stopped spinning and the AURA lights turned off. But then the power wouldn't turn back on when I turned the power supply on and pressed the power button on the case I didn't know what to do, I unplugged the power supply first and heard static (you dont think that would damage anything do you?) and then I unplugged both monitors from their DVI ports (I have the other one plugged into the second DVI port now) and finally what fixed it is I unplugged all my USB devices except for the keyboard and mouse- thats what finally fixed it! There were 5 additional USB devices plugged in (which includes 2 fully occupied 4 port USB2 hubs, one of which is powered and the other is not) and I guess that plus the ASUS EC sensor overloaded the motherboard? After I did that everything went back to normal again and the power button works again. This time I kept the ASUS EC sensor monitoring off because I realized that HWMonitor also has been turned on and there was a warning to keep that sensor off if you're using more than one monitoring program.
    Last edited by Alex0915; 10-03-2018 at 07:51 PM.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Alex0915 View Post
    Should everything else also be taken off of AUTO?
    I'm not sure how to answer this, so I'll just rephrase my findings:

If you aren't overclocking your CPU and are still seeing unusually high temperatures/voltages, make sure Performance Enhancer is set to Off.

Generally speaking, when a BIOS option says "Auto" it's the default/safe/stock option.

Except on Performance Enhancer. For some reason "Auto" doesn't seem to operate that way.
    Last edited by TheCrusher6; 10-04-2018 at 02:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCrusher6 View Post
    I'm not sure how to answer this, so I'll just rephrase my findings:

If you aren't overclocking your CPU and are still seeing unusually high temperatures/voltages, make sure Performance Enhancer is set to Off.

Generally speaking, when a BIOS option says "Auto" it's the default/safe/stock option.

Except on Performance Enhancer. For some reason "Auto" doesn't seem to operate that way.
    Thanks, I was just wondering with memory speeds if AUTO is better or to just set the memory to its rated speed, for example if I have DDR4-2666 memory should I just set it to always run at that speed or should I set it to AUTO? In BIOS I see settings from DDR4-2166 all the way to DDR4-4200 included the memory's actual speed of DDR4-2666. Does AUTO do the same thing as just setting the speed to the memory's rated speed of DDR4-2666?

ROG Enthusiast Array

They still haven`t fixed fan to 100% problem

Until 2 days ago I was using first bios for this board, fans was set on manual settings, no problem. Than I updated to latest bios and last night with AIDA64 open fans went on 100%. Fans in bios was set on auto. I changed that to manual now. How is possible that Asus didn`t fix this problem after more than 6 months? Will I have any problem now when fans are set to manual? So this happen with manual and auto fan settings? And with monitoring software open? CH7 has bios update in June which fixed this and 4 months later they are still not capable to release fix for board breaking bug for this high class mbo.

And what with this message in hwinfo?

https://i.imgur.com/taox7fC.png
    Last edited by lorcav123; 10-04-2018 at 12:29 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

You guys need to stop using more than 1 hardware monitoring software. You're all having these "bugs" because of it. I myself is only using hwinfo and have never ran into "crashing" "100% fan" "black screen" or whatever bug you run into.

v4018 BIOS
    Windows 10 1803
    hwinfo v5.88-3510
    Last edited by dfg555; 10-04-2018 at 01:31 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by dfg555 View Post
    You guys need to stop using more than 1 hardware monitoring software. You're all having these "bugs" because of it. I myself is only using hwinfo and have never ran into "crashing" "100% fan" "black screen" or whatever bug you run into.

v4018 BIOS
    Windows 10 1803
    hwinfo v5.88-3510
    I had only AIDA64 open if you don`t count Hard disk sentinel. This is a board breaking bug and it need to be fixed

Quote Originally Posted by lorcav123 View Post
    I had only AIDA64 open if you don`t count Hard disk sentinel. This is a board breaking bug and it need to be fixed
    Board breaking?! What happened? Now I'm extra nervous because my computer wouldn't turn back on until I unplugged all my USB devices. BTW which BIOS are you using, 4018 or 4024? 4024 was just released the other day.

Also with regard to the fans and 4018 I was able to get them to spin slower by turning Performance Enhancer OFF and also recalibrating my fans, the spin speed went from 6000 RPM down to like 2000 RPM and the temps didn't even rise (they are in the 30s and 40s and sometimes low 50s after hours of use.)

Quote Originally Posted by lorcav123 View Post
    Until 2 days ago I was using first bios for this board, fans was set on manual settings, no problem. Than I updated to latest bios and last night with AIDA64 open fans went on 100%. Fans in bios was set on auto. I changed that to manual now. How is possible that Asus didn`t fix this problem after more than 6 months? Will I have any problem now when fans are set to manual? So this happen with manual and auto fan settings? And with monitoring software open? CH7 has bios update in June which fixed this and 4 months later they are still not capable to release fix for board breaking bug for this high class mbo.

And what with this message in hwinfo?

https://i.imgur.com/taox7fC.png
    BTW that message you got at the end is the exact same message I got and when I clicked "continue" the computer worked fine for a few minutes and then automatically went into Hibernate mode 2 minutes later and I could not get it out of Hibernate I did all the things I mentioned in a previous message, including turning off the computer at the power supply and even unplugged the power supply, and when I turned the power supply back on the computer would still not start, no matter how many times I pressed the power button. I had to unplug all my USB devices to get it to start up again! So, in summary, make sure that ASUS EC is NOT monitored- ever since I selected "Do Not Monitor This Sensor" everything's been fine (knock on wood!)
    Last edited by Alex0915; 10-04-2018 at 04:01 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Alex0915 View Post
    Board breaking?! What happened? Now I'm extra nervous because my computer wouldn't turn back on until I unplugged all my USB devices. BTW which BIOS are you using, 4018 or 4024? 4024 was just released the other day.

Also with regard to the fans and 4018 I was able to get them to spin slower by turning Performance Enhancer OFF and also recalibrating my fans, the spin speed went from 6000 RPM down to like 2000 RPM and the temps didn't even rise (they are in the 30s and 40s and sometimes low 50s after hours of use.)

I didn`t mean board breaking like it will fry the board, I thought like if I have to buy board today I wouldn`t buy this one. This seems to me like serious problem, 8 months after release and they haven`t fixed it. I am suprised because Asus was meant to have best bios of all mbo manufacturer and most frequent bios updates.

I also clicked continue on taht HW info screen, everything was fine but I only used HWinfo for a couple of minutes. I guess I have to wait for a new bios so that I can try overclocking.

Today my PC is On 12 hours and fan speed are stable, no changes.

Thanks thats great to know- do you turn the computer off at night or do you just let it go to hibernate after 30 min of inactivity? I wonder what the power draw from hibernate is.

Page 39 of 187 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 89 139 ... LastLast