Page 4 of 139 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Craigo1986 View Post
    Temps sound good there. Under load my cpu runs at 50degrees celcius under stress test it maxes at 62 degrees and gpu never exceeds 60 degrees either so your temps are good there. If i rememver right i have my ram clocked to 3266mhz ish and base cpu at 3.9ghz boosting to 4.5ghz occasionally goes to 4.6ghz wheen it feels like it lol
    That 41c "load" was ARK at night in a pretty cool room (75° F). IBT pushes me up into the high 70s / low 80s, so it isn't like I'm super cool. But the Kraken x62 on Performance Mode with Conductonaut is pretty stout. My S340 Elite case does have a bit of intake/airflow restrictions on the front panel, but it is fine for my application.

ROG Junior Member Array jowdyboy PC Specs
    jowdyboy PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Sager NP8657-S
    MotherboardASUS Strix X470-F
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen+ 2700X
    Memory (part number)16GB Corsair Vengence RGB DDR4 3600
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Strix GTX 1070 OG8
    Sound CardCreative Sound Blaster Audigy PCIe RX 7.1
    MonitorAcer XB271HU
    CPU CoolerFractal Design Celsius S24
    CaseFractal Design Define R4 - White w/ Window
    Power SupplyCorsair HX 750W
    Keyboard Corsair K75 RGB
    Headset Sennheiser GAME ONE
    Mouse Pad SteelSeries
    OS Windows 10 Pro X64
    Network RouterASUS RT-N66U

Quote Originally Posted by Craigo1986 View Post
    Temps sound good there. Under load my cpu runs at 50degrees celcius under stress test it maxes at 62 degrees and gpu never exceeds 60 degrees either so your temps are good there. If i rememver right i have my ram clocked to 3266mhz ish and base cpu at 3.9ghz boosting to 4.5ghz occasionally goes to 4.6ghz wheen it feels like it lol
    I call bull****. There's no way a Zen/Zen+ chip is reaching 4.6GHz "occasionally". You mind showing video proof of this happening from CPUZ, as well as your BIOS settings?

ROG Enthusiast Array

To check stability why you are using prime? HCI memtest is a much better program for this and it detects error really fast. Try the dang wang version of the hcj memtest from g.skill forum. They also use it for their stability testing and run it for at least 350%+. It also does not generate lot of heat for the CPU.
    Im using prime95 and ram test (cost like 10 dollars but is a very good program)
    If I test with prime, I ussually test custom 512-4096 and use 26000mb of my 32 gig.
    will give HCI memtest also a go, you should just start multiple instances of that right?

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by jowdyboy View Post
    I call bull****. There's no way a Zen/Zen+ chip is reaching 4.6GHz "occasionally". You mind showing video proof of this happening from CPUZ, as well as your BIOS settings?
    Yeah HWInfo also shows that sometimes on my system, most likely false readings. Never really see it except in the max values

ROG Enthusiast Array

so have this weird issue, 3266 with 4 dimms runs perfect, always

3333 mhz all the same manual timings (excepts trfc values adjusted for its still 260 ns), fails when the computer is cool

e.g first few ram test coverage test are like: 15%, 50%, 90% and then it passes 3000% (2 hours) procent without an error.
    (if computer is warm, first test will pass 3000%)

any one else has this, or knows a fix?
    or maybe bios has some weirdness
    Last edited by Orb79; 06-15-2018 at 10:40 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by cgmjr View Post
    Next question: What is the real advantage of overclocking these rigs at all? Left on all-auto I've seen some cores running a 4.4ghz for short periods of time. What's wrong with leaving it alone?
    -cgmjr.
    Depends, If you just use PBO overdrive with scalar 10, you overclock will range something like this
    4250-4350 (if only using 2 cores)
    4150-4200 (using multiple cores)
    4050 when really stresing all cores hard.
    (also depends on your temps)

so If you mostly doing games, there is not that much to be gained
    If you really want very good multi core performance, you could lock it at 4.2 ghz and you get some nice gains
    (probably want to use p-state, and some balanced power plan, in that case)

You can go higher but you will hit a recursive frequency wall (heat, need more voltage for stability, heat)

ROG Enthusiast Array

i have the same issue

Quote Originally Posted by RealAntithesis View Post
    Yep, I have this motherboard (bios version 4011). Unfortunately, my new build (2700x, 32gb ddr4) is giving me issues. My pc would reboot itself randomly, with no bsod dump generated. Sometimes, the screen would just go blank with all fans and lights still running (and I need to flick the switch on the psu to turn off - the power and reboot buttons would no longer work). I've put everything back to stock, and tried some of the suggestions from around the Web on similar issues - such as turning HPET on in Windows 10, switching power plan to high performance and nvidia card (2x1080tis) too, setting tdr delay to 8 seconds instead of 2 (turning off tdr detection would cause a hard freeze with screen still on when the issue happens again), turning off global c-states, setting psu idle power to current setting (and not low power) etc etc, but it still happens.

Usually the black screen or reboot would happen very soon after intense activity (such as the video card and CPU mining all day when I'm at work) - restarting manually immediately after stopping mining usually allows me to work uninterrupted for a couple of hours, but it would lock up at some point. The curious thing is, the pc can run for 9-10 hours straight at load when mining (note that I switch off the monitor during this time), but would invariably crash when I'm interacting with the system on minimal load.

This is pointing to some sort of hardware problem I think. I'm hoping it's not the motherboard. I've already replaced the psu with a 1000w corsair, provided each pcie power port on the video cards with their own separate cable to the psu, reclipped all the other cables, reseated the ram, video cards etc, conducted a ram test using hci memtest to 800%.

The next steps are going to involve swapping components with my other Ryzen 1700x pc (ram, CPU, 1050ti), which I was hoping to avoid, but I think I've exhausted other options at this point. I'll also change power points at the wall and see if that helps anything.

I suppose the point of my post is to see if anyone else is having similar issues with their Asus x470 system?

There is a post in the hardware build forum from somebody with a similar problem : https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...om-Hell-itself
    my friend i have the same issue with the same motherboard , it happened with me for maybe 3 times before one week i thought it was due some uncompatible software or something i formated my windows then the issue gone , system was not stressed then today when i tried prime 95 to test my system the same issue happened, screen will go blank and power button and start button will not work unless i plug the power button from pc after i stoped the test not before then i started the test again and the same issue happed with me after starting i made the test again for 10 mints but this time i selected deferent setting on prime 95 and it didn't crash i am not sure what is the issue but i think it's the motherboard

ROG Enthusiast Array

this solved my problem but it came back after prim 95

Quote Originally Posted by AniChatt View Post
    Ok the problem is when you try to access the sensors with more than one hw monitors then there will be black screen due to conflict. You can install hwinfo+msi afterburner this should work fine. Avoid AISuite for all cost it is a devil made by asus.

this solved my problem but it came back after prim 95

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by AniChatt View Post
    Are you running multiple hardware monitoring software like AiSuite+HWinfo or something? In that case remove one and the black screen issue will stop.
    The only time I experience monitor switching of or complete freeze is when I was testing the minimal vcore needed.

when vcore on idle was to low, would ussualy freeze, cant move mouse anymore. When vcore on load was to low screen would go black, this was mostly when gaming.

dunno if you changed vcore from auto to some fixed value with LLC. Im doing this because find the default vcore to high

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array AniChatt PC Specs
    AniChatt PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ThinkPad X270 i7 7500U
    MotherboardAsus Strix X470-F 4204
    ProcessorR5 1600X 3.90GHz 1.325v
    Memory (part number)FlareX 3000MHz 4x8GB 1.39v
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080
    MonitorLG 29UM69G Ultrawide
    Storage #1960EVO NVMe 250GB
    Storage #2850EVO SATA 1TB
    CPU CoolerCorsair H115i
    CaseNZXT S340 Razer
    Power SupplySeasonic Prime 850W
    Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB
    Mouse Corsair Harpoon
    OS Windows 10 1809

Quote Originally Posted by Orb79 View Post
    The only time I experience monitor switching of or complete freeze is when I was testing the minimal vcore needed.

when vcore on idle was to low, would ussualy freeze, cant move mouse anymore. When vcore on load was to low screen would go black, this was mostly when gaming.

dunno if you changed vcore from auto to some fixed value with LLC. Im doing this because find the default vcore to high
    default vcore is high because of core performance boost is on. To reduce the default vcore you need to turn off CPB or PBO then test it. However it will no longer boost to higher frequency.

Page 4 of 139 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast