Page 40 of 126 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 90 ... LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Alex0915 View Post
    Thanks thats great to know- do you turn the computer off at night or do you just let it go to hibernate after 30 min of inactivity? I wonder what the power draw from hibernate is.
    I turn it off but last week I leaved it on for a straight 4 days because my monitor has burn in problem (I am trying to fix that with various videos) . On that time I was on first bios, from time to time I opened aida64 or msi afterburner and fans were stable, no problem. Also I sent mail today Asus support of this bios problem.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by lorcav123 View Post
    I turn it off but last week I leaved it on for a straight 4 days because my monitor has burn in problem (I am trying to fix that with various videos) . On that time I was on first bios, from time to time I opened aida64 or msi afterburner and fans were stable, no problem. Also I sent mail today Asus support of this bios problem.
    Thanks, hopefully they listen! Are you on BIOS 4024 right now? Monitor burn in problem I thought that occurs from a fixed image being on the screen for too long, I let my monitor turn off after 15 min of inactivity (balanced Ryzen setting.)

You said you would buy a different board today if you could choose again, would you have chosen the CH7? I was considering that but based on what I read I thought the M2 heatsink on that one was not as efficient (I am using a Samsung EVO 970 NVME drive.)

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Alex0915 View Post
    Thanks, hopefully they listen! Are you on BIOS 4024 right now? Monitor burn in problem I thought that occurs from a fixed image being on the screen for too long, I let my monitor turn off after 15 min of inactivity (balanced Ryzen setting.)

You said you would buy a different board today if you could choose again, would you have chosen the CH7? I was considering that but based on what I read I thought the M2 heatsink on that one was not as efficient (I am using a Samsung EVO 970 NVME drive.)
    I also asked here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comment...x_fan_problem/

I had always that settings set to 15mn of inactivity on my Samsung monitor but I read recently that Samsung has some crappy quality control so I probably got some crappy panel. Monitor had also other problem and since burn in doesn`t come under warranty I am trying to get rid of that before sending it on RMA.

Stay on Strix if you already bought the board. My budget was tight so CH7 was out of my reach. How much is your temp on your NVME drive?

ROG Enthusiast Array

It's strange multiple of you are experiencing this fan bug when I'm not and never had experienced it. The only bug I had an issue with was AIDA64 not reading the sensors correctly so I switched to hwinfo as the developer seems to update faster compared to aida64.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array Alcolawl PC Specs
    Alcolawl PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Strix X470-F Gaming
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 3700X
    Memory (part number)G.Skill F4-346616D-16GTZKW
    Graphics Card #1AMD Radeon VII
    Sound CardCreative Sound BlasterX AE-5
    MonitorViotek GN27D
    Storage #1Samsung 860 EVO
    Storage #2ADATA SU800
    CPU CoolerArctic Freezer 34 eSports ONE
    CaseFractal Design Define R6
    Power SupplyFSP Group Hydro G 650W
    Keyboard Ducky Shine 7
    Mouse SteelSeries Rival 300 Black
    Headset HyperX Cloud II
    Mouse Pad SteelSeries QcK
    Headset/Speakers Klipsch ProMedia 2.1
    OS Windows 10 x64
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC1900

Quote Originally Posted by dfg555 View Post
    It's strange multiple of you are experiencing this fan bug when I'm not and never had experienced it. The only bug I had an issue with was AIDA64 not reading the sensors correctly so I switched to hwinfo as the developer seems to update faster compared to aida64.
    No fan bug here either (BIOS 4018). I used to use AIDA 64 constantly for the SensorPanel feature, which I would have set up on my second monitor while gaming. Great way to have all of my temperatures and fan speeds displayed in a quick concise graphic (rather than a white table with black text). They did update AIDA 64 to not interfere with ASUS motherboards, but I still have intermittent problems with it. So, I agree that HWInfo seems to be the go-to at the moment. Although, Ghost Recon Wildlands would crash with it open sometimes, but I think that's the game more than anything else lol.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Alcolawl View Post
    No fan bug here either (BIOS 4018). I used to use AIDA 64 constantly for the SensorPanel feature, which I would have set up on my second monitor while gaming. Great way to have all of my temperatures and fan speeds displayed in a quick concise graphic (rather than a white table with black text). They did update AIDA 64 to not interfere with ASUS motherboards, but I still have intermittent problems with it. So, I agree that HWInfo seems to be the go-to at the moment. Although, Ghost Recon Wildlands would crash with it open sometimes, but I think that's the game more than anything else lol.
    hwinfo has a graph feature as well, you just need to double click which value you want to show on a graph.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcolawl View Post
    What is AIDA 64, I've never used it before. Do you think I should get it since I already have HWInfo and HWMonitor and CPU-Z and GPU-Z?

Quote Originally Posted by lorcav123 View Post
    I also asked here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comment...x_fan_problem/

I had always that settings set to 15mn of inactivity on my Samsung monitor but I read recently that Samsung has some crappy quality control so I probably got some crappy panel. Monitor had also other problem and since burn in doesn`t come under warranty I am trying to get rid of that before sending it on RMA.

Stay on Strix if you already bought the board. My budget was tight so CH7 was out of my reach. How much is your temp on your NVME drive?
    Temp on NVME drive is currently 44 C. My regular HDD is 33 C.

Graphics card temp is still in the 50s when using 3D apps, the fans spin up but only after like 15 min of gaming when the temps get into the low 60s. CPU fan is around 3000 RPM and my case fans are around 1200 RPM. What I dont get is why some of my CPU cores are up in the 4.8 GHz zone. They are all 4.3 GHz or higher! I have Performance Enhancer turned off. This wont affect the life of my CPU will it?

Wait, that was max speed as reported on HWMonitor, speed is down to 4.1 GHz now. Minimum speeds are in the 2.0 GHz area.

I dont get it, as I was using my computer it went back into Hibernate mode (which I could not get it out of AGAIN!) I had to turn off the power from the power supply again but this time I didn't mess around I just unplugged my USB devices (this time there was no hub connected), and then was able to turn the computer back on. Before that the power button wouldn't respond. What do you think is going on here?

ROG Enthusiast Array

@Alcolawl @dfg555

bug is still there, I am sure, nothing has been solved. Like I said before, I bought x470 when it was released, had AIDA64 for the beginning, no problem. Just becasue of this problem I didn`t want to update to newer bios and finally when I update this problem happens. From that reddit post:

"1st image ASUS EC = Super IO Chip (SIO) , this is ITE IT8665E. You see the name contained within brackets of heading within HWINFO 2nd image.

Even on Manual mode (I use PWM and my own fan curve set in UEFI) you can have fan headers crap out. Viewing the 2nd image of HWINFO you are not on a UEFI with ASUS WMI.

The fix for C7H did not come in June but beta 0012 released in September, the earlier releases had issues. Yes ASUS has been slow to solve this issue, but finally boards are getting the correct updates. It is also only in September that C6H, C6E and ZE received correct ASUS WMI UEFIs as betas.

I have owned C6H and ZE since launch, I have not been affected by fan headers issues as do not have multiple applications accessing SIO. AIDA64 makes the SIO crap out the most, so I would avoid it until updated UEFI is released. I would advise not to even use ASUS Ai Suite and or AURA. If you do need to use AURA set RGB, etc as you need and do not run it in the background and or uninstall it after you've set RGB as you want.
    "

CH7 in one bios changelog had this ""Fixed miscellaneous issues with fan calibration/options" so I hope that fix for this board comes before the end of the year. I have AIDA64 license so I don`t want ot use HWinfo.

@Alex0915

Temp of your in NVME seems normal (I presumme but I don`t have that type of disk).

AIDA64 is hardware monitoring program, it is my favorite because it has many test for ram memory and other things. You can download trial version here, for full you must pay:

https://www.aida64.com/downloads

If you already use HWinfo or HWmonitor you don`t need AIDA64, I alraedy bought it so I am forced to use it.

Page 40 of 126 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 90 ... LastLast