Keyboard Ducky Shine 7
    Mouse SteelSeries Rival 300 Black
    Headset HyperX Cloud II
    Mouse Pad SteelSeries QcK
    Headset/Speakers Klipsch ProMedia 2.1
    OS Windows 10 x64
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC1900

Quote Originally Posted by Vhsbae View Post
    Hello guys I’ve finished building my PC but I have nothing on screen, but I have a white led on the motherboard which mean VGA problem (I have a GTX 1060).*
    So I tried with *my brother’s RX and I have a POST, everything works perfectly I could install windows play some games etc. But his RX has no pin connection on it. I RMAd the card yesterday but I found an old 770 which is 8x2 pins, no POST, white led, I’m beginning to think the card wasn’t the problem. So I tried the PSU ( which is new) a Seasonic Focus Gold 650W on another build with the 770 and I have a POST, so it may not come from the PSU. *

I’m so lost, I spent so much money on this and nothing works, I’m 100% sure that the new card will not fix it. Do you guys have any idea ?*
    I tried all the PCIe slots, do you think it can come from the MB? I think not because the RX works perfectly well on the PCIe

Processor is a 2700x.

So yeah that would be so great if someone can help me, I will even pay you if you want... :/

And sorry for my English *

*https://youtu.be/F35q1xs8MIk I made a video, also there is a strange noise when I shut it down*
    So, the computer will POST with a video card in the PCIE slot if it doesn't need an 8-pin power connector? Very weird. Can you get into the BIOS with the 1060 installed? I actually had to look this issue up to see if anyone else has had this issue and the only answer I could find was that the wall outlet wasn't supplying enough power.

Other than that, I'd make sure everything is seated properly. Everyone else that has had this issue had to reseat their RAM in the proper slots, or at least different slots. Very weird issue for sure.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by platonastza View Post
    fs0 and fs1 are the the windows recory drivers. fs2 is your hard disk since i guess you got 1.

Just did a reboot and checked again on my own and confirmed...

fs0 and fs1 are windows recovery
    fs2 is my C driver
    fs3 is my D driver

Also displays capacity of each driver...so the ones that are a few MB (200 or less) are the recovery and the big one is you drive c: !

Btw you can`t mess anything on the recovery partitions from the bios update since it only looks for a file to read..not write !!
    Weird it shows no folders on fs2 lol. I have a second hard drive but it's J: (I have no idea why it's J but that's what windows assigned it.)

It shows fs0 and fs1 as both having the capacity of 500 GB which is how large my SSD C drive is (it says something like 467,000 MB for each of them) , it doesn't list a capacity for fs2 for some odd reason nor does it show folders in there. And no fs anything for my mech HD which is on J: and has a capacity of 1 TB.

I have those two hard drives, a 500 GB SSD on C: and a 1 TB mech HD on J: and a multiformat DVD reader/writer and a multiformat flash card reader/writer. Can I stick the BIOS on an SD card and run it from there too?
    Last edited by Alex0915; 12-16-2018 at 08:07 AM.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Alcolawl View Post
    So, the computer will POST with a video card in the PCIE slot if it doesn't need an 8-pin power connector? Very weird. Can you get into the BIOS with the 1060 installed? I actually had to look this issue up to see if anyone else has had this issue and the only answer I could find was that the wall outlet wasn't supplying enough power.

Other than that, I'd make sure everything is seated properly. Everyone else that has had this issue had to reseat their RAM in the proper slots, or at least different slots. Very weird issue for sure.
    No I can’t access the bios with the 1060, I’m waiting for a new one anyway, I tried to plug the computer elsewhere and have the same problem, also the 770 is supposed to have more power consumption and it works in my other build which has a FX8320.*
    I tried with two sets of RAM both are detected when I boot with the RX.*
    Do you think it may come from the CPU not seated as have to be ? That would be weird I could install windows and play some game with the RX.
    Should I RMA the mobo ? Also this would be weird coming from the mobo since a PCIe only card is working perfectly well :/

The bios version is 4024 which is one of the latest, can’t I try PCIe settings in bios ? If it doesn’t work next week I’ll probably RMA the mobo... :/
    Last edited by Vhsbae; 12-16-2018 at 01:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vhsbae View Post
    No I can’t access the bios with the 1060, I’m waiting for a new one anyway, I tried to plug the computer elsewhere and have the same problem, also the 770 is supposed to have more power consumption and it works in my other build which has a FX8320.*
    I tried with two sets of RAM both are detected when I boot with the RX.*
    Do you think it may come from the CPU not seated as have to be ? That would be weird I could install windows and play some game with the RX.
    Should I RMA the mobo ? Also this would be weird coming from the mobo since a PCIe only card is working perfectly well :/

The bios version is 4024 which is one of the latest, can’t I try PCIe settings in bios ? If it doesn’t work next week I’ll probably RMA the mobo... :/
    I have the Wind Force (twin fans) version of the 1060 6 GB from Gigabyte and it works fine with BIOS 4024. I like this video card because it's the latest one I could find that has dual DVI. I dont think any higher model than this by anyone comes with them anymore. Sounds like it's not a power supply issue since that other video card worked and that one requires more power?

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Alex0915 View Post
    I have the Wind Force (twin fans) version of the 1060 6 GB from Gigabyte and it works fine with BIOS 4024. I like this video card because it's the latest one I could find that has dual DVI. I dont think any higher model than this by anyone comes with them anymore. Sounds like it's not a power supply issue since that other video card worked and that one requires more power?
    it’s apparently not a PSU issue, I will take the Gigabyte too because I’m also seeking for these dual DVI. However, the 770 is kind of dead, it doesn’t work in games due to an overheat in the past, but I can boot with it on another build so, maybe the mobo is rejecting it for some reasons which aren’t related to power or mobo failure...

ROG Member Array

4207 BIOS released today.

Only change:

Improve compatibility and performance for Athlon™ with Radeon™ Vega Graphics Processors

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by TheCrusher6 View Post
    4207 BIOS released today.

Only change:

Improve compatibility and performance for Athlon™ with Radeon™ Vega Graphics Processors
    I just checked and can't find it. Where do you see it at?

ROG Guru: White Belt Array Alcolawl PC Specs
    Alcolawl PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Strix X470-F Gaming
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 3700X
    Memory (part number)G.Skill F4-346616D-16GTZKW
    Graphics Card #1AMD Radeon VII
    Sound CardCreative Sound BlasterX AE-5
    MonitorViotek GN27D
    Storage #1Samsung 860 EVO
    Storage #2ADATA SU800
    CPU CoolerArctic Freezer 34 eSports ONE
    CaseFractal Design Define R6
    Power SupplyFSP Group Hydro G 650W
    Keyboard Ducky Shine 7
    Mouse SteelSeries Rival 300 Black
    Headset HyperX Cloud II
    Mouse Pad SteelSeries QcK
    Headset/Speakers Klipsch ProMedia 2.1
    OS Windows 10 x64
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC1900

Quote Originally Posted by xacid View Post
    I just checked and can't find it. Where do you see it at?
    Might have to CTRL + F5 while on the page to clear the cache of that page and reload it. Here's the download link for the US website.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcolawl View Post
    Might have to CTRL + F5 while on the page to clear the cache of that page and reload it. Here's the download link for the US website.
    Yay maybe that one will show up for me using the BIOS utility. Maybe 4204 didn't show up because it was only an interim release.

https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards...HelpDesk_BIOS/

Version 4207
    2018/12/178.09 MBytes
    ROG STRIX X470-F GAMING BIOS 4207
    Last edited by Alex0915; 12-18-2018 at 08:31 AM.

ROG Member Array

Installed 4207 hoping they would of fixed the ram rgb control. Sadly they did not...

Page 66 of 167 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66 67 68 76 116 166 ... LastLast