Page 73 of 167 FirstFirst ... 23 63 71 72 73 74 75 83 123 ... LastLast
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by RaizT1 View Post
    I just built a 2700 with the x470-F and some samsung b die yesterday. It was running fine until about 30 minutes into Sea of Thieves and everything black screened. Didn't realize it was the AI Suite issue at first, but after uninstalling it and the AURA software, the black screens are gone. So, the issue still seems to be present. Happened 3 times in a row to me.
    I did install from the cd that came with the mobo, so maybe newer versions downloaded from the website could have a fix?
    AI Suite is a useless POS, after uninstalling it and anything else with "AI" in its name by ASUS I have had no issues (knock on wood) even when running 3 or more monitoring programs at the same time. Aura works fine as long as you dont hook the colors to CPU temps.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Alcolawl View Post
    I don't remember the values exactly but I know that they exceeded 1.5V by a fair amount in some cases. WITH the offset VID calls for 1.456V but core voltage is being measured as 1.444V in HWInfo when all cores are stressed.

I said IF he wanted to use Performance Enhancer. Obviously the coolest option if off/disabled.
    I think it's a typo but shouldn't it be "-.05" not "-.5"? Anyway I'm testing -.05v and the voltage does seem to not go beyond 1.5v unlike "Auto".

ROG Member Array geekyadz PC Specs
    geekyadz PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG Strix X470-F Gaming
    ProcessorRyzen 7 2700X
    Memory (part number)Corsair 16GB Vengeance LPX 3000MHz (CMK16GX4M2B3000C15)
    Graphics Card #1Asus ROG STRIX RXVEGA64 O8G GAMING
    CaseCooler Master MC500M
    Power SupplyASUS ROG Thor 1200 Watt
    OS Windows 10 64

AHCI drivers

Hi,

So I have been away for a bit and only just getting everything sorted out on the PC.

Windows 10 x64 is installed.

Had fun with installing the AMD drivers for graphics card and chipset (thankfully all in now but AMD could of made it easier - used their auto detection tool and it only found the GPU instead of both GPU and cihipset )

However, what it hasn't done is installed the AHCI drivers for the M.2 slot and the AMD ACHI SATA mode ports (I hope that makes sense?)

So do I ned the ACHI drivers or am I better off using the "standard ACHI driver" that Windows has installed?

Edit: forgot to ask: is Windows 10 1809 ok to install on this motherboard?
    Last edited by geekyadz; 01-13-2019 at 02:12 PM.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array Alcolawl PC Specs
    Alcolawl PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Strix X470-F Gaming
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 3700X
    Memory (part number)G.Skill F4-346616D-16GTZKW
    Graphics Card #1AMD Radeon VII
    Sound CardCreative Sound BlasterX AE-5
    MonitorViotek GN27D
    Storage #1Samsung 860 EVO
    Storage #2ADATA SU800
    CPU CoolerArctic Freezer 34 eSports ONE
    CaseFractal Design Define R6
    Power SupplyFSP Group Hydro G 650W
    Keyboard Ducky Shine 7
    Mouse SteelSeries Rival 300 Black
    Headset HyperX Cloud II
    Mouse Pad SteelSeries QcK
    Headset/Speakers Klipsch ProMedia 2.1
    OS Windows 10 x64
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC1900

Quote Originally Posted by dfg555 View Post
    I think it's a typo but shouldn't it be "-.05" not "-.5"? Anyway I'm testing -.05v and the voltage does seem to not go beyond 1.5v unlike "Auto".
    lol my mistake. It's -.05V. And yeah, the undervolt offset definitely helps to counter the high amount of voltage Performance Enhancer levels 2 and up want to pull. You might even be able to get away with a -.1V undervolt.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array Alcolawl PC Specs
    Alcolawl PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Strix X470-F Gaming
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 3700X
    Memory (part number)G.Skill F4-346616D-16GTZKW
    Graphics Card #1AMD Radeon VII
    Sound CardCreative Sound BlasterX AE-5
    MonitorViotek GN27D
    Storage #1Samsung 860 EVO
    Storage #2ADATA SU800
    CPU CoolerArctic Freezer 34 eSports ONE
    CaseFractal Design Define R6
    Power SupplyFSP Group Hydro G 650W
    Keyboard Ducky Shine 7
    Mouse SteelSeries Rival 300 Black
    Headset HyperX Cloud II
    Mouse Pad SteelSeries QcK
    Headset/Speakers Klipsch ProMedia 2.1
    OS Windows 10 x64
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC1900

Quote Originally Posted by geekyadz View Post
    Hi,

So I have been away for a bit and only just getting everything sorted out on the PC.

Windows 10 x64 is installed.

Had fun with installing the AMD drivers for graphics card and chipset (thankfully all in now but AMD could of made it easier - used their auto detection tool and it only found the GPU instead of both GPU and cihipset )

However, what it hasn't done is installed the AHCI drivers for the M.2 slot and the AMD ACHI SATA mode ports (I hope that makes sense?)

So do I ned the ACHI drivers or am I better off using the "standard ACHI driver" that Windows has installed?

Edit: forgot to ask: is Windows 10 1809 ok to install on this motherboard?
    There is an AMD AHCI driver hidden in one of the folders that's extracted from the AMD Chipset drivers. You can try installing that if you'd like via Device Manager. I've done it with no ill-effects.

geekyadz PC Specs
    ProcessorRyzen 7 2700X
    CaseCooler Master MC500M
    OS Windows 10 64

Quote Originally Posted by Alcolawl View Post
    There is an AMD AHCI driver hidden in one of the folders that's extracted from the AMD Chipset drivers. You can try installing that if you'd like via Device Manager. I've done it with no ill-effects.
    Just tried that searching c (where c has all things AMD related stuff extracted): says best driver is installed.

Any advice?

ROG Enthusiast Array

AM4 boards are supposed to use MS's default AHCI driver under W10, that's the reason the chipset driver package doesn't include it. Don't need to bother with the old driver for SBxxx series.

FYI, the old SB series W8.1 driver was located at Packages\Drivers\SBDrv\hseries\AHCI\WB64A\amd_sata .inf, and since W8 support was removed (after the 17.10RCP22 package), the only driver that is left is the W7 on \AHCI\W764A and must be installed manually by pointing to the inf by using "let me pick" instead of letting it auto search on designated folder. Even on SB850 I avoid it under W10, because overall it's a bit slower than the MS one on some workloads, except for max read.
    Last edited by AlleyViper; 01-13-2019 at 11:45 PM. Reason: 8.1 and W7 driver location

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by furkanbelikirik View Post
    Hi. Still is there AI Suit sensor bug ? Like pc completly freeze or black screen and have to shutdown from power supply.
    samething happening here, totally random black screen of death, power/reset buttons do not response (mainboard, gpu, ram led still on, machine still working), have to switch off/on PSU to boot up
    P.S: do you simultaneously run HWinfo64 or something like so?

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array AniChatt PC Specs
    AniChatt PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ThinkPad X270 i7 7500U
    MotherboardAsus Strix X470-F 4204
    ProcessorR5 1600X 3.90GHz 1.325v
    Memory (part number)FlareX 3000MHz 4x8GB 1.39v
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080
    MonitorLG 29UM69G Ultrawide
    Storage #1960EVO NVMe 250GB
    Storage #2850EVO SATA 1TB
    CPU CoolerCorsair H115i
    CaseNZXT S340 Razer
    Power SupplySeasonic Prime 850W
    Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB
    Mouse Corsair Harpoon
    OS Windows 10 1809

Quote Originally Posted by Alex0915 View Post
    ...... even when running 3 or more monitoring programs at the same time.....
    Make sure you are running monitoring programs like HW info + Corsair link/NZXT cam or anything similar. Not HWinfo+Afterburner or something and I am sure it will crash.
    Please post the results. I think it can not be fixed for some reason.

geekyadz PC Specs
    ProcessorRyzen 7 2700X
    CaseCooler Master MC500M
    OS Windows 10 64

Quote Originally Posted by AlleyViper View Post
    AM4 boards are supposed to use MS's default AHCI driver under W10, that's the reason the chipset driver package doesn't include it. Don't need to bother with the old driver for SBxxx series.

FYI, the old SB series W8.1 driver was located at Packages\Drivers\SBDrv\hseries\AHCI\WB64A\amd_sata .inf, and since W8 support was removed (after the 17.10RCP22 package), the only driver that is left is the W7 on \AHCI\W764A and must be installed manually by pointing to the inf by using "let me pick" instead of letting it auto search on designated folder. Even on SB850 I avoid it under W10, because overall it's a bit slower than the MS one on some workloads, except for max read.
    Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I'll leave it like it is

Page 73 of 167 FirstFirst ... 23 63 71 72 73 74 75 83 123 ... LastLast