Page 74 of 186 FirstFirst ... 24 64 72 73 74 75 76 84 124 174 ... LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array Crowzer PC Specs
    Crowzer PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG X470 Strix Gaming F
    ProcessorRyzen 7 3800X
    Memory (part number)16 GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200 Cas14
    Graphics Card #1Zotac Gaming RTX 2080 Ti AMP!
    MonitorAsus Rog Swift PQ279Q
    Storage #1Samsung 970 EVO 500GB
    Storage #2Western Digital My Book Elite 2TO
    CPU CoolerCorsair h100i RGB Platinum
    CaseFractal Meshify C
    Power SupplyBe Quiet Straight Power 11 850W
    Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB mk.2
    Mouse Corsair Glaive
    Headset Hyper X Cloud II
    Mouse Pad ASUS ROG Sheath
    Headset/Speakers Edififer speakers
    OS Windows 10 x64 1903
    Accessory #1 XBOX One Pad wirelss
    Accessory #2 Corsair ST100 RGB

Quote Originally Posted by RaizT1 View Post
    Hello all. Just built a 2700, x470-f, g.skill 3200mhz cas 14 16gb system. I have a few questions about maximizing performance given that I have a non-X 2700, so no PBO for me.

1. Will I gain much going for a higher OC on the RAM? DOCP detected 14-14-14 3200MHz, and I've had no stability issues.

2. Which Performance Enhance setting will give the best results on the stock cooler? Idle temp is around 35-36 deg. Should I attempt to undervolt and go for level 2 or 3? Currently it's set to 'auto'. Not sure if default, 1, 2, or 3 is better.

3. Any reason to install Ryzen Master? Most say that letting the processor do its thing works better than manual OC. Seems like I can adjust RAM timings in it, so maybe I should use it for that? ...unless there is a better program for adjusting timings and testing RAM?

4. Are people using Ryzen power plan, Balanced power plan, or something different in Windows?

5. What else should I be setting up to get the best out of this new system? I updated the chipset, drivers, and bios to the latest versions already.

I play games, stream to twitch, and do general use stuff on the computer. I'll be looking into video editing soon.
    Seconded, need more information about

But what I saw so far:

1) Not on games. 3200 C14 is perfect right now.
    2) With stock cooler, AUTO on Performance Enhancer is recommended. With good such as AIO or Noctua, Performance Enhancer LEVEL 2 is recommended.
    3) Put timing on bios and no OC is needed for most people. Ryzen do the work perfectly and OC automatically with XFR, etc...
    4) Balanced power plan in Windows is the best. I got all cores constantly at 4ghz and hig voltage with Ryzen power plan.
    5) You done everything I think.
    Last edited by Crowzer; 01-14-2019 at 01:43 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Auto vs. Manual CPU Overclocking

I don’t know if relevant or helpful for some users but decided to share anyways.

I did some benchmarking between Auto vs. Manual CPU Overlocking with a Ryzen 5 2600X and ASUS X470-F. Other parts used found in the charts.
    - Auto OC Settings -> Performance Enhancer Level 3, PBO enabled, single core boost up to 4.25GHz.
    - Manual OC Settings -> 4.2GHz allcore, 1.375V, LLC 4

Benchmarking showed almost identical results, I personally expected a bigger difference in terms of single threaded performance from the auto oc but manual oc wins slightly overall. The difference is marginal tho I personally prefer manually overclocking to have more control over voltage and temperature. Please also note that performance enhancer lvl 2 with a negative vcore offset is probably recommended for long term stability and safetly since lvl 3+4 might not work for every cpu and highly depends on your cooling solution.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Superposition.JPG 
Views:	2 
Size:	97.3 KB 
ID:	78184

Name:	TimeSpy.JPG 
Views:	0 
Size:	82.7 KB 
ID:	78185

Name:	FireStrike.JPG 
Views:	0 
Size:	89.1 KB 
ID:	78186

Name:	Cinebench.JPG 
Views:	2 
Size:	69.8 KB 
ID:	78187

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

thats wild! do you think the 16c/32t cpu's will work on these same boards or would they need newer boards with a higher power delivery? 135w TDP is a bit high but not surprising considering the number of cores and clock speeds!

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/am...now,38233.html

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/am...ecs,38310.html

https://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Ry....390426.0.html

https://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-CE....393291.0.html

https://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-s-....338880.0.html

They are saying it will have a 13% IPC boost and 15%-20% overall performance boost over the previous generation and will also use less power than Intel's Core i9 9900k (133W vs 180W)!

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

I relocated my computer and now I see a small orange LED a bit more than halfway down the motherboard and to the right. What does it mean? The light is steady and turns on whenever I turn on my UPS and prior to powering up the computer and always stays on unless the power is cut (meaning it stays on during sleep and hibernation too and when I power off the computer unless I shut off either the PSU or UPS or both.) I am confused because everything seems to be working just fine and I didn't drop the computer or anything, but I might have bumped it a bit when I was moving it. Should I just ignore it or is it a cause for concern?
    Last edited by Alex0915; 01-17-2019 at 08:41 AM.

New ROGer Array

Samsung 970 evo nvme

Hi guys,

I recently put a 970 evo nvme in the m2_1slot and the system dont show the drive and don't detect anything, i tried everything sugested in foruns etc.
    The 970 evo is only detected in the 2nd slot m2_2 wich is the slower x2 .

Any sugestion ? Its possible the m2_1 faulty or im missing anything.

Thanks

ROG Member Array geekyadz PC Specs
    geekyadz PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG Strix X470-F Gaming
    ProcessorRyzen 7 2700X
    Memory (part number)Corsair 16GB Vengeance LPX 3000MHz (CMK16GX4M2B3000C15)
    Graphics Card #1Asus ROG STRIX RXVEGA64 O8G GAMING
    CaseCooler Master MC500M
    Power SupplyASUS ROG Thor 1200 Watt
    OS Windows 10 64

Quote Originally Posted by BrunoP View Post
    Hi guys,

I recently put a 970 evo nvme in the m2_1slot and the system dont show the drive and don't detect anything, i tried everything sugested in foruns etc.

Thanks
    The only place in the BIOS where the m.2 stick is detected when using m.2_1 is in boot>boot option 1 or 2; personally I've got my 970 in boot option 2

ROG Enthusiast Array Plan3tCrack3r PC Specs
    Plan3tCrack3r PC Specs
    MotherboardROG STRIX X470-F GAMING
    ProcessorRyzen 2700X
    Memory (part number)Vengeance RGB Pro CMW16GX4M2C3000C15
    Graphics Card #1XFX Fatboy RX 590
    Sound CardPioneer Elite Receiver, SteelSeries GameDAC
    MonitorAcer KG271U 1440p/144Hz, Samsung 46" 1080p
    Storage #1970 EVO 500GB, Inland Premium 256GB NVME, Sandisk Ultra 3D 1TB, 850 EVO 500GB
    Storage #2Barracuda Pro 2TB, Firecuda 2TB
    CPU CoolerH115i Pro, 3X LL120 Fans
    CaseCorsair Obsidian 500D
    Power SupplyThermaltake Toughpower Grand RGB 650 Gold
    Keyboard K70 MK.2 Low Profile Rapidfire - MX Speed, Logitech G613 Wireless
    Mouse SteelSeries Rival 600, G602, MX Anywhere 2S
    Headset SteelSeries Arctis 3 w/ GamDAC
    Mouse Pad SteelSeries Qck Prism Cloth XL
    Headset/Speakers Polk 5.1 Towers, bookshelves, sub
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Accessory #1 DualShock 4

Hi guys,

Thanks
    Are you starting a build from scratch with no other drives yet installed or are you adding to a PC with existing drive and OS installed?

If the former, try disconnecting all other drives, keeping only the M.2_1 drive connected.

If the latter, does your 970 EVO appear in Disk Management (xxGB of unallocated space shown for an entire drive that doesn't yet have a drive letter)? If so, next step is to create a Simple Volume of the unallocated space, all of it or split into partitions, followed by formatting before it shows up.

I built my X470-F, 2700X, PC around Christmas time with the same drive, 500GB flavor, in M.2_1 slot and with no other drives connected (no M.2_2, no SATA SSD or HHD connected yet to power or data). My GPU, RX-590, was in PCIEX16_1. Before installing the OS (W10 Pro) using USB ISO I updated to the latest BIOS, 4207, using USB stick. The 970 EVO appeared in the BIOS Boot section in both the BIOS version the board was shipped with and with 4207. After rebooting with the W10 ISO USB connected Windows did its thing and installed to the 970 EVO.

Once the OS was running I installed all board drivers, Samsung driver "Samsung NVME Controller V3.0.0.1802 dated 2/12/18" (this wasn't needed for my PC to see and use the drive, as stated above my 970 EVO was my starting OS boot drive, no cloning from a previous boot drive involved) and Samsung Magician 5.3.0 (for TRIM optimization). This is my first time using any M.2 type drive and it appears to be running fine. I then connected a couple SSDs and HHDs for storage, all good with the exception of Samsung Magician not being able to optimize an 850 EVO that was formatted using Samsung's Secure Erase utility.

Here are all the Storage Controller drivers I have showing in Device Manager:
    1) AMD Virtualized AHCI Controller for StoreMI V.16.30.59.31, 7/10/18
    2) Microsoft Storage Spaces Controller V.10.0.17763.168, 6/21/06
    3) Samsung NVME Controller V3.0.0.1802, 2/12/18
    *Note 1: I have no RAID drivers installed, which are abundant at both ASUS and AMD's X470 support websites.
    **Note 2: I have not yet configured StoreMI as I have been adding drives weekly and haven't determined which HDD I want to use caching from which SATA SSD. I wasn't aware at first that you are limited to 256GB SSD cache without purchasing additional licensing :/

The 970 EVO appears in Device Manager under Disk Drives and shows MS driver V.10.0.17763.1

TLR - My 970 EVO worked fine in M.2_1 as an OS boot drive with a clean install of Win 10 Pro via USB ISO.

I'm picking up an Inland 512GB 3x4 NVME M.2 tonight and will post later how my X470-F PC reacts to a second M.2 installed to M2_2 slot.

New ROGer Array

Thanks for the help... I tried both ways fresh install with no dev ices connected , nothing apears on boot options, windows setup didn't show the drive to proceed the installation either.
    Second step was install windows with another ssd and then see if windows catch up de device with drivers no luck.

Slot m2_2 work both ways , bios detected , windows detected... But samsung magician no .

Thanks

I

ROG Member Array

Hi guys,

Thanks
    I have 2 ssd m.2 nvme gen 3x4 adata sx6000pro 256GB on m2_2 for (windows) and sx8200pro 512GB on m2_1 for Games works good, follow this guide for install windows and configure your bios correctly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=No-ct8pQcIg

Name:	sx8200pro CPU.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	73.0 KB 
ID:	78284

Name:	xpg m.2 nvme.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	69.8 KB 
ID:	78285

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Alex0915 View Post
    I relocated my computer and now I see a small orange LED a bit more than halfway down the motherboard and to the right. What does it mean? The light is steady and turns on whenever I turn on my UPS and prior to powering up the computer and always stays on unless the power is cut (meaning it stays on during sleep and hibernation too and when I power off the computer unless I shut off either the PSU or UPS or both.) I am confused because everything seems to be working just fine and I didn't drop the computer or anything, but I might have bumped it a bit when I was moving it. Should I just ignore it or is it a cause for concern?
    You never noticed it before? This is the power LED just indicating that there is power on your motherboard nothing else hence when you switch off the psu it turns off but not during sleep and hibernation.

Page 74 of 186 FirstFirst ... 24 64 72 73 74 75 76 84 124 174 ... LastLast