Page 78 of 167 FirstFirst ... 28 68 76 77 78 79 80 88 128 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

[Q-Fan] Fans wrongly stay on stable RPM, [BIOS] Reports wrong stable CPU Temp etc.

Using the latest 4207 (and 4204 before), I got the already known bugs:
    a. Q-Fan randomly sets stable RPM to fans connected onboard, ignoring settings of Q-Fan in BIOS
    b. BIOS randomly choose to reports same stable CPU temperature (on 3rd party applications, mostly AIDA64 and never using more than one in parallel). The sensor in question is "CPU". "CPU Diode" seems to not be affected of this 'freezing' report. On cold reboot, the sensor reports the correct temperature again (Aura and Corsair iCue are not set to mess with CPU Temperature at all). Also, Ryzen Master seems to not be affected of this issue, as it seems to use the "CPU Diode" sensor of the CPU itself.

Is there any sign of these bugs been reported and been in tackled-phase, ready to be published in the next version of the BIOS?
    Last edited by timiman; 01-27-2019 at 05:42 PM.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array AniChatt PC Specs
    AniChatt PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ThinkPad X270 i7 7500U
    MotherboardAsus Strix X470-F 4204
    ProcessorR5 1600X 3.90GHz 1.325v
    Memory (part number)FlareX 3000MHz 4x8GB 1.39v
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080
    MonitorLG 29UM69G Ultrawide
    Storage #1960EVO NVMe 250GB
    Storage #2850EVO SATA 1TB
    CPU CoolerCorsair H115i
    CaseNZXT S340 Razer
    Power SupplySeasonic Prime 850W
    Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB
    Mouse Corsair Harpoon
    OS Windows 10 1809

Quote Originally Posted by Alex0915 View Post
    Do you buy the idea that the new generation of Ryzen will have 16c/32t CPUs at the top end? That would render all our CPUs obsolete! Even the 2700x! I hope that they at least work in these motherboards!

I didn't know they'd support faster memory kits- I thought they only supported a faster PCIe bus- PCIe 4?

Maybe they will support a higher capacity of memory though? Like 32 GB per channel? Could our motherboards do that with a BIOS update? I think it's possible as well as getting them to support faster memory (but not DDR5 OR PCIe 4).
    Guys pls stop wasting your hard earned money buying a faster ram. Total waste. If you are from my area I will hapily sell my 4x3200 bdie kit and buy even a 2400kit and use that money for faster cpu and gpu. I have made a video to address. The performance difference is intangible and totally not worth it

ROG Member Array homdax PC Specs
    homdax PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG Strix X470-F Gaming
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 5 2600X
    Memory (part number)32 GB G.Skill F4-3200C14-8GVH
    Graphics Card #1Asus ROG Strix GTX 1060 6GB
    Monitor2 x Dell U2718Q 4K
    CPU CoolerAMD Wraith
    CaseCorsair Carbide Air 540
    Power SupplyCorsair RM850X
    Keyboard Asus ROG Strix Flare
    Mouse Logitech G703
    Headset Kingston HyperX
    Mouse Pad Logitech Powerplay
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z623
    OS Windws 10 Pro
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC87U
    Accessory #1 Kayboard ASUS ROG Strife

Is Aura smart enough to separate Fans that are connected via an Extender 3 <> 1 to a single RGB Port?

Like this from Akasa:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AK-CBLD02-10BK_f00.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	19.0 KB 
ID:	78544

http://www.akasa.com.tw/update.php?t...AK-CBLD02-10BK

ROG Member Array homdax PC Specs
    homdax PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG Strix X470-F Gaming
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 5 2600X
    Memory (part number)32 GB G.Skill F4-3200C14-8GVH
    Graphics Card #1Asus ROG Strix GTX 1060 6GB
    Monitor2 x Dell U2718Q 4K
    CPU CoolerAMD Wraith
    CaseCorsair Carbide Air 540
    Power SupplyCorsair RM850X
    Keyboard Asus ROG Strix Flare
    Mouse Logitech G703
    Headset Kingston HyperX
    Mouse Pad Logitech Powerplay
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z623
    OS Windws 10 Pro
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC87U
    Accessory #1 Kayboard ASUS ROG Strife

Quote Originally Posted by AniChatt View Post
    Guys pls stop wasting your hard earned money buying a faster ram. Total waste. If you are from my area I will hapily sell my 4x3200 bdie kit and buy even a 2400kit and use that money for faster cpu and gpu. I have made a video to address. The performance difference is intangible and totally not worth it
    Frankly it depends on your usage of the comp. Some applications work better with faster and greater amount of RAM, some are more CPU/GPU demanding and finally there are some that work better with fast drives.

There is no truth as such to this, I tend to down prioritize CPU for better RAM and GPU, plus NVMe (fast drives). I don'r run any very demanding games, but I do run stuff that requires a decent GPU (1060 in my case), go better with fast RAM, and almost everything works faster with NVMe.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array AniChatt PC Specs
    AniChatt PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ThinkPad X270 i7 7500U
    MotherboardAsus Strix X470-F 4204
    ProcessorR5 1600X 3.90GHz 1.325v
    Memory (part number)FlareX 3000MHz 4x8GB 1.39v
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080
    MonitorLG 29UM69G Ultrawide
    Storage #1960EVO NVMe 250GB
    Storage #2850EVO SATA 1TB
    CPU CoolerCorsair H115i
    CaseNZXT S340 Razer
    Power SupplySeasonic Prime 850W
    Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB
    Mouse Corsair Harpoon
    OS Windows 10 1809

Quote Originally Posted by homdax View Post
    Frankly it depends on your usage of the comp. Some applications work better with faster and greater amount of RAM, some are more CPU/GPU demanding and finally there are some that work better with fast drives.

There is no truth as such to this, I tend to down prioritize CPU for better RAM and GPU, plus NVMe (fast drives). I don'r run any very demanding games, but I do run stuff that requires a decent GPU (1060 in my case), go better with fast RAM, and almost everything works faster with NVMe.
    Yep agreed.
    But till date the benefit of switching from 2400 to 3200Mhz ram is almost intangible for 99.9% users compared to getting a Faster GPU>Faster CPU>Faster Drive and above all relatively better quality equipment of similar spec. Just my experience till date. Actually I have also purchased my B-die kit and its price is ~480 USD which is simply unacceptable (after buying I have realized). I have seen so many reviews showing that it is necessary for ryzen.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array Alcolawl PC Specs
    Alcolawl PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Strix X470-F Gaming
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 3700X
    Memory (part number)G.Skill F4-346616D-16GTZKW
    Graphics Card #1AMD Radeon VII
    Sound CardCreative Sound BlasterX AE-5
    MonitorViotek GN27D
    Storage #1Samsung 860 EVO
    Storage #2ADATA SU800
    CPU CoolerArctic Freezer 34 eSports ONE
    CaseFractal Design Define R6
    Power SupplyFSP Group Hydro G 650W
    Keyboard Ducky Shine 7
    Mouse SteelSeries Rival 300 Black
    Headset HyperX Cloud II
    Mouse Pad SteelSeries QcK
    Headset/Speakers Klipsch ProMedia 2.1
    OS Windows 10 x64
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC1900

Quote Originally Posted by AniChatt View Post
    I mean... This is definitely not true, but I agree, until RAM prices return to near-normal levels, putting your hard earned money to other components will net you better results. That being said, there are plenty of benchmarks out there that show going from 2133 or 2400 to 3200+ MHz memory kits net you some considerable FPS gains. Higher minimums, and higher maximums in games. Much higher synthetic benchmarks as well (If you care about that stuff).

New ROGer Array

Unhappy Strix x470-F fails to boot.

Hi, everyone-new to discussion boards, and I noticed 70+ pages of dialogue regarding this MB. So-let me try this to see if others have this EXACT issue:

New MB, X470-F, DDR4 3400 GSKILL SNIPER 16 MB/2 sticks in B2/A2, EVGA GTX 1080, SSD EVO 500GB/SSD EVO 1TB, AMD Ryzen 2700X with wraith cooler. My issue is the MB won't allow me to boot, period. I get to the ROG emblem, and screen says press F2 or DEL to enter BIOS...but nada. I have stripped the MB down to only basic user necessities. I have swapped RAM in/out of all slots, I have swapped and verified the SSD is functional, and has the correct image on it (from my old build), I have verified all pins are not bent, all connections are solid, and the power supply is plenty (1000W).

This has me stumped! If I can't enter BIOS, I can't change boot directories or anything.

Ideas?

Thanks, Shawn

ROG Enthusiast Array Plan3tCrack3r PC Specs
    Plan3tCrack3r PC Specs
    MotherboardROG STRIX X470-F GAMING
    ProcessorRyzen 2700X
    Memory (part number)Vengeance RGB Pro CMW16GX4M2C3000C15
    Graphics Card #1XFX Fatboy RX 590
    Sound CardPioneer Elite Receiver, SteelSeries GameDAC
    MonitorAcer KG271U 1440p/144Hz, Samsung 46" 1080p
    Storage #1970 EVO 500GB, Inland Premium 256GB NVME, Sandisk Ultra 3D 1TB, 850 EVO 500GB
    Storage #2Barracuda Pro 2TB, Firecuda 2TB
    CPU CoolerH115i Pro, 3X LL120 Fans
    CaseCorsair Obsidian 500D
    Power SupplyThermaltake Toughpower Grand RGB 650 Gold
    Keyboard K70 MK.2 Low Profile Rapidfire - MX Speed, Logitech G613 Wireless
    Mouse SteelSeries Rival 600, G602, MX Anywhere 2S
    Headset SteelSeries Arctis 3 w/ GamDAC
    Mouse Pad SteelSeries Qck Prism Cloth XL
    Headset/Speakers Polk 5.1 Towers, bookshelves, sub
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Accessory #1 DualShock 4

Quote Originally Posted by Karizma View Post
    Hi, everyone-new to discussion boards, and I noticed 70+ pages of dialogue regarding this MB. So-let me try this to see if others have this EXACT issue:
    Ideas?
    Thanks, Shawn
    I haven't had that happen, but have you tried these?

Using a different keyboard or plugged into a different port, jamming on that F2 or DEL key? Disconnecting all drives? One stick of memory? What are the LEDs in the top right corner of the board doing during boot, see page 1-8 of user manual for corresponding LED error. Do you have an ISO USB of your OS to try and see if that boots, even with all other drives disconnected? Reset CMOS?

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Plan3tCrack3r View Post
    I haven't had that happen, but have you tried these?

Using a different keyboard or plugged into a different port, jamming on that F2 or DEL key? Disconnecting all drives? One stick of memory? What are the LEDs in the top right corner of the board doing during boot, see page 1-8 of user manual for corresponding LED error. Do you have an ISO USB of your OS to try and see if that boots, even with all other drives disconnected? Reset CMOS?
    Hi-I figured if I could CTRL/ALT/DEL using the USB keyboard it's loading the profile and recognizing it. There are no LED's that stay lit, all pass. I have ISO USB stick that I tried, but the system doesn't recognize it, perhaps because it's USB 3..and I can't set parameters without entering the BIOS. I also reset the CMOS as a last resort. Still mind boggling-but perhaps I have a bad board...

UPDATE: Bad Board. I must say, this was the first time I have encountered a bad product from ASUS.
    Last edited by Karizma; 02-01-2019 at 01:30 PM. Reason: UPDATE

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by homdax View Post

And it's also true that faster RAM is more stable at 16 GB (8x2 GB) than 32 GB (16x2 GB).

Page 78 of 167 FirstFirst ... 28 68 76 77 78 79 80 88 128 ... LastLast