Page 83 of 185 FirstFirst ... 33 73 81 82 83 84 85 93 133 183 ... LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

Hi, I haven`t been in this forum for a while, I was wondering what is the status on fan bug problem, when fan ramp up to 100% with hardware monitoring problem?

Asus support told last year that BIOS fix should be in January (nothing came out), I asked them again couple of days ago, they sent me on mail BIOS and want me to test it but I told them that I won`t, that I will wait for a official release. I don`t like untested BIOS becasue for example Gigabyte last year released BIOS with big CPU voltage bug that could do hardware damage.

ROG Member Array

I've also contacted Asus support via email, trying to figure out the issue with the unstable fan speeds.
    The reply I've got from support was to use only tested applications to monitor my system temps, like AiSuite III and GPU Tweak II.
    Applications like AIDA64, HWInfo and MSI Afterburner are not officially tested and thus not supported !

From the moment their utilities are unstable and not providing settings and functions like 3rd party applications do,
    we have no real and working solution from them.

I hope they forget this kind of replies in the future and starting taking this serious issue of their product real soon!

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by lorcav123 View Post
    Hi, I haven`t been in this forum for a while, I was wondering what is the status on fan bug problem, when fan ramp up to 100% with hardware monitoring problem?

Asus support told last year that BIOS fix should be in January (nothing came out), I asked them again couple of days ago, they sent me on mail BIOS and want me to test it but I told them that I won`t, that I will wait for a official release. I don`t like untested BIOS becasue for example Gigabyte last year released BIOS with big CPU voltage bug that could do hardware damage.
    If you didn't receive any instruction against it, it would be great if you could share it - many users in this thread would be interested in it. I wonder if it finally has a separate wmi interface to avoid the previous conflicts like the vii bios.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by AlleyViper View Post
    If you didn't receive any instruction against it, it would be great if you could share it - many users in this thread would be interested in it. I wonder if it finally has a separate wmi interface to avoid the previous conflicts like the vii bios.
    I received it with this mail:

Good morning,

our headquarters sent me the BIOS for you so you can test it. ( see the attachment )

so no restrictions, I think

Here is the BIOS (I have some prolbems uploading here, infinity upload so here is the google drive link):

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1RH...2_VGbVJL1yXxvH

Should I report this to Asus support that I posted BIOS here?

New ROGer Array

Howdy ROGers- anyone with knowledge of recent changes to the memory QVL for the Strix X470?

I saved the QVL to my PC a few months ago. I was buying parts every few weeks. My last part was memory and I bought the Teamgroup TF1D416G3200HC16CD01 that was on QVL list designated as DDR 3200. Now I see a new QVL and the Teamgroup is off the list. New to the list (and there is only a handful of 3200 despite always reading Ryzen likes 3200) is Hyper X HX432C18FBK2/16. Does all this mean the Teamgroup is no longer suitable for this board? I bought it but its still being shipped and I dont have it yet.

I know early Teamgroup was said to be using the Samsung B-die but then discontinued. But I also read B-die isn't that critical anymore (with recent bios updates)

Thanks

OLDER QVL

NEW QVL

Last edited by cantaloupe; 03-04-2019 at 01:02 PM.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array Alcolawl PC Specs
    Alcolawl PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Strix X470-F Gaming
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 3700X
    Memory (part number)G.Skill F4-346616D-16GTZKW
    Graphics Card #1AMD Radeon VII
    Sound CardCreative Sound BlasterX AE-5
    MonitorViotek GN27D
    Storage #1Samsung 860 EVO
    Storage #2ADATA SU800
    CPU CoolerArctic Freezer 34 eSports ONE
    CaseFractal Design Define R6
    Power SupplyFSP Group Hydro G 650W
    Keyboard Ducky Shine 7
    Mouse SteelSeries Rival 300 Black
    Headset HyperX Cloud II
    Mouse Pad SteelSeries QcK
    Headset/Speakers Klipsch ProMedia 2.1
    OS Windows 10 x64
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC1900

Quote Originally Posted by cantaloupe View Post
    Howdy ROGers- anyone with knowledge of recent changes to the memory QVL for the Strix X470?

I saved the QVL to my PC a few months ago. I was buying parts every few weeks. My last part was memory and I bought the Teamgroup TF1D416G3200HC16CD01 that was on QVL list designated as DDR 3200. Now I see a new QVL and the Teamgroup is off the list. New to the list (and there is only a handful of 3200 despite always reading Ryzen likes 3200) is Hyper X HX432C18FBK2/16. Does all this mean the Teamgroup is no longer suitable for this board? I bought it but its still being shipped and I dont have it yet.

I know early Teamgroup was said to be using the Samsung B-die but then discontinued. But I also read B-die isn't that critical anymore (with recent bios updates)

Thanks

OLDER QVL

NEW QVL

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think the QVL changes every time the AGESA Code or BIOS is majorly updated. I doubt they time have to go back and test every single RAM kit every time they update the BIOS, which would explain why the QVL is different now.

Either way, I wouldn't worry about it. The Samsung B-Die and RAM kit choice overall doesn't matter as much now with the newer boards, improved AGESA Code, and improved IMC on the Ryzen 2XXX series CPUs. You'll be fine. Just be prepared to tweak the timings and what not.

ROG Enthusiast Array

lorcav123, thank you!
    In the past elmor (from asus support) has publicly shared beta bios on OCN's asus mb threads, but if you don't feel comfortable about it just delete the link.
    Cheers!

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Alcolawl View Post
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think the QVL changes every time the AGESA Code or BIOS is majorly updated. I doubt they time have to go back and test every single RAM kit every time they update the BIOS, which would explain why the QVL is different now.

Either way, I wouldn't worry about it. The Samsung B-Die and RAM kit choice overall doesn't matter as much now with the newer boards, improved AGESA Code, and improved IMC on the Ryzen 2XXX series CPUs. You'll be fine. Just be prepared to tweak the timings and what not.

Thanks for reply - I'm using a 2600 cpu and don't plan on OCing. I just like to overbuild slightly, and shop well at a time when there is stability. I'm used to 5-7 years of computer use per build with minimal issues if any. I'm probably OK with Teamgroup (I know buildzoid has used them) but I never used them before. I would have gone with the Kingstons had I known about them and their RGB free design. I'm not a RGB type but I did see one nice vid of the Teamgroup Hawks RGB (I didn't like the G.Skill even though that's the ram I've used for past 12 years)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PlStgUrmMo

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by timiman View Post
    I've also contacted Asus support via email, trying to figure out the issue with the unstable fan speeds.
    The reply I've got from support was to use only tested applications to monitor my system temps, like AiSuite III and GPU Tweak II.
    Applications like AIDA64, HWInfo and MSI Afterburner are not officially tested and thus not supported !

From the moment their utilities are unstable and not providing settings and functions like 3rd party applications do,
    we have no real and working solution from them.

I hope they forget this kind of replies in the future and starting taking this serious issue of their product real soon!
    AI Suite is a joke- uninstall it immediately. Doing that got rid of all my black screen issues.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Alex0915 View Post
    AI Suite is a joke- uninstall it immediately. Doing that got rid of all my black screen issues.
    This was the first thing I've done when I started to experience the lock ups.
    The major issue w/out a viable solution is that randomly the fans connected directly to M/B start working outside of Q-Fan settings,
    full speed/stopped turning or stopped delivering fan speed data to 3rd party monitoring applications like AIDA64/HWINFO.
    Which is 100% an WMI implementation issue that ASUS refuses to fix, due to not officially support or have tested AIDA64 and MSI Afterburner.

Page 83 of 185 FirstFirst ... 33 73 81 82 83 84 85 93 133 183 ... LastLast