Page 90 of 174 FirstFirst ... 40 80 88 89 90 91 92 100 140 ... LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

Offtopic: I am planning to buy card reader and to use it on 3.0 speed I need to buy PCI Express USB 3.0 2 Ports Control Adapter Card:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/PCI-Express...sAAOSwYutan9me

Will this card work (it is a noname adapter) or do I need to buy something more expensive adapter like Orico?

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by lorcav123 View Post
    Offtopic: I am planning to buy card reader and to use it on 3.0 speed I need to buy PCI Express USB 3.0 2 Ports Control Adapter Card:

Will this card work (it is a noname adapter) or do I need to buy something more expensive adapter like Orico?
    OT: Don't look so much at brands, but at the usb 3.0 controllers these OEM cards use. I've never had a problem with that sort of cheap hw (on USB 2.0, pci sata, etc), as long as I selected the (also cheap) IC that gave less trouble for my needs.
    Some homework must be done to know if that VIA (assuming the pic corresponds) is OK, or if a asmedia, renesas, etc, is preferable for your use. Preferentially with out of the box W10 drivers.

PS: instead of the 3.5" card reader you've linked previously, I'd use instead an external one that simply connected to the usb 3.0 ports on the front of the case or rear of the MB during use. Because sometimes there's a chance that certain old photo card formats don't do well with all readers, then it would be easier (and cheaper) to swap readers.
    Last edited by AlleyViper; 03-19-2019 at 04:20 AM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by AlleyViper View Post
    OT: Don't look so much at brands, but at the usb 3.0 controllers these OEM cards use. I've never had a problem with that sort of cheap hw (on USB 2.0, pci sata, etc), as long as I selected the (also cheap) IC that gave less trouble for my needs.
    Some homework must be done to know if that VIA (assuming the pic corresponds) is OK, or if a asmedia, renesas, etc, is preferable for your use. Preferentially with out of the box W10 drivers.

PS: instead of the 3.5" card reader you've linked previously, I'd use instead an external one that simply connected to the usb 3.0 ports on the front of the case or rear of the MB during use. Because sometimes there's a chance that certain old photo card formats don't do well with all readers, then it would be easier (and cheaper) to swap readers.
    Thanks for long answer. I already decided to buy internal card reader, I have only one more front panel place to fill and this is it, it just looks nicier

Whre can I see is my MBO compatible with VIA, asmedia and others? Googling every of them?

ROG Enthusiast Array

OT: Just id the exact IC these cards are using, and google around for issues with them under W10. Also on reviews of your card reader, if anyone points a problem with certain controllers (usually dropped connections). But if you're not planning to be constantly transferring data for long periods (like with an external hdd) and its use will be casual, you might not come across any issue.

ROG Member Array EEFREETH PC Specs
    EEFREETH PC Specs
    MotherboardROG STRIX X470-F GAMING
    ProcessorRYXEN 5 2600X
    Memory (part number)F4-3200C16D-16GTZKW
    Graphics Card #1RADEON R9 FURY X
    MonitorSONY TV (SNY8002)
    CaseFRACTAL DESING DEFINE R6
    Power SupplySeasonic Focus 850W SSR-850FX
    OS WINDOWS 10 PRO

Usb 3.0 Control Adapter Card

Quote Originally Posted by lorcav123 View Post

I have the Orico PVU3-502I and it's a very good expansion card for USB 3.0 not so much expensive
    and have the front panel inputs for more convenient arragements...

http://www.orico.cc/us/product/detail/771.html

ROG Member Array EEFREETH PC Specs
    EEFREETH PC Specs
    MotherboardROG STRIX X470-F GAMING
    ProcessorRYXEN 5 2600X
    Memory (part number)F4-3200C16D-16GTZKW
    Graphics Card #1RADEON R9 FURY X
    MonitorSONY TV (SNY8002)
    CaseFRACTAL DESING DEFINE R6
    Power SupplySeasonic Focus 850W SSR-850FX
    OS WINDOWS 10 PRO

Drivers

Quote Originally Posted by dfg555 View Post
    How did you manage to get these drivers?
    Hi there, i get the drivers from the Driver Booster and the chipset drivers from AMD, some of from MSI X470 Motherboards because MSI and the Driver Booster have better driver updates of AMD components...

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Plan3tCrack3r View Post
    I rolled back from BIOS 4406 to BIOS 4207 after noticing PBO didn't appear to be working with 4406.
    roll back is just flash older bios? Coz i updated to 4406 without reading the forum and now system unstable, whant to downgrade bios too.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array Topfn PC Specs
    Topfn PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG Strix X470-F
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 3700X
    Memory (part number)2X8 GB Crucial Ballistix LT @3733CL16
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-D15
    Power Supplybe quiet! E10-CM 500W
    OS Win10 Pro 1903

Quote Originally Posted by Aeratiel View Post
    roll back is just flash older bios? Coz i updated to 4406 without reading the forum and now system unstable, whant to downgrade bios too.
    No, you can't downgrade AGESA via EzFlash. It's a bit more complicated.
    And prior to downgrading, you should extract your S/N and UUID using this .bat

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Topfn View Post
    No, you can't downgrade AGESA via EzFlash. It's a bit more complicated.
    And prior to downgrading, you should extract your S/N and UUID using this .bat
    ok i get it, it's complicated... gona wait for next bios update then. hope they fix this mess

ROG Member Array gabrielsp85 PC Specs
    gabrielsp85 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus STRIX X470-F Gaming
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 2700x
    Memory (part number)CMW16GX4M2C3200C16
    Graphics Card #1AMD Radeon VII
    MonitorIt's trash. plz help
    CPU CoolerRYUO 240 AIO
    CaseH500i
    Power SupplyCorsair HX750
    OS Windows 10
    Network RouterAsus RT-ACRH17

Is anyone here using 4x RAM sticks having issues getting past the RAM post at default/manual settings but no Issues using X.M.P?
    *I'm using 4x 3200MHz Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro to be more specific*

Page 90 of 174 FirstFirst ... 40 80 88 89 90 91 92 100 140 ... LastLast