Page 99 of 166 FirstFirst ... 49 89 97 98 99 100 101 109 149 ... LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

So as I understood this new BIOS is very unstable but they solved fan problem? So again I must wait for a new BIOS

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by lorcav123 View Post
    So as I understood this new BIOS is very unstable but they solved fan problem? So again I must wait for a new BIOS
    i didn't have fun problems on 4207 but on now i have on lates 4602 LMAO

ROG Member Array

and i can't uninstall ai suit it says i need reboot after prev installation's and so one after reboot, lol

ROG Member Array

Is PBO on by default in 4207?

So I am on 4602, seems stable on DOCP.
    PBO is on by default, can somebody please confirm if PBO is on by default on 4207 please?
    Reason I ask is that temps on the new BIOS are 10 degrees higher on load. PBO would explain it, and turning off PBO drops temps to what I remember seeing in 4207. If PBO is on by default in 4207 then something else is spiking the temperatures.
    Cheers

ROG Guru: White Belt Array Alcolawl PC Specs
    Alcolawl PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Strix X470-F Gaming
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 3700X
    Memory (part number)G.Skill F4-346616D-16GTZKW
    Graphics Card #1AMD Radeon VII
    Sound CardCreative Sound BlasterX AE-5
    MonitorViotek GN27D
    Storage #1Samsung 860 EVO
    Storage #2ADATA SU800
    CPU CoolerArctic Freezer 34 eSports ONE
    CaseFractal Design Define R6
    Power SupplyFSP Group Hydro G 650W
    Keyboard Ducky Shine 7
    Mouse SteelSeries Rival 300 Black
    Headset HyperX Cloud II
    Mouse Pad SteelSeries QcK
    Headset/Speakers Klipsch ProMedia 2.1
    OS Windows 10 x64
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC1900

Quote Originally Posted by d0genzenji View Post
    So I am on 4602, seems stable on DOCP.
    PBO is on by default, can somebody please confirm if PBO is on by default on 4207 please?
    Reason I ask is that temps on the new BIOS are 10 degrees higher on load. PBO would explain it, and turning off PBO drops temps to what I remember seeing in 4207. If PBO is on by default in 4207 then something else is spiking the temperatures.
    Cheers
    PBO is definitely on in BIOS ver. 4204 and 4207. Check your voltages. Others seem to have this issue as well.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Alcolawl View Post
    PBO is definitely on in BIOS ver. 4204 and 4207. Check your voltages. Others seem to have this issue as well.
    Thanks, I have contacted ASUS support with this and they say they have had no reports of temp spikes or errors on the new BIOS.
    But they would say that.
    I am on AUTO on everything except DOCP.
    PBO spikes voltages high, load in PRIME95 blended gives me TDIE of 82c which considering I have a Noctua DH15 AM4 with twin fans is pretty crappy.

Anyone suggest an easy voltage fix?
    I have heard you can set an offset to reduce the values, and there seems to be about 7 voltage values to change...
    Appreciate any advice!

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by d0genzenji View Post
    Thanks, I have contacted ASUS support with this and they say they have had no reports of temp spikes or errors on the new BIOS.
    But they would say that.
    I am on AUTO on everything except DOCP.
    PBO spikes voltages high, load in PRIME95 blended gives me TDIE of 82c which considering I have a Noctua DH15 AM4 with twin fans is pretty crappy.

Anyone suggest an easy voltage fix?
    I have heard you can set an offset to reduce the values, and there seems to be about 7 voltage values to change...
    Appreciate any advice!
    Auto might be giving you also a high vsoc (like 1.15V), reduce it to something like 1.05V if you're running ram at 3200 (you'll probably be stable with even less). For vcore, set something like a -0,05 to -0,1V offset to VDDR CPU Voltage, the most your system will handle.

ROG Member Array

Post asus ai suite3, DIP5 (performance/power saving utilities) is not installed

yes i know some people ai suite is not good i just want the on the fly fan control, had to unistall awhile back due to a bug with one of the windows update, i want to try this new Version 3.00.50.

Im trying to install DIP5 (performance/power saving utilities), installation is successful every time, even says its installed and ver etc. and tells me to restart.

After restart it is not installed however, if i go to run the ai suite setup installer, to check if its installed or not it says its not installed. I tried to repeat this multiples and still end up with the same problem, also tried installing axsp setup 1st no luck.

both the older versions of ai suite and news Version 3.00.50 still have this problem,

I only got this to work only install sucessfully after a fresh windows install from previous experiences, i not doing a fresh install of windows again, just want to see if the bugs fixed

Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos ai.JPG  

ROG Member Array

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by AlleyViper View Post
    Auto might be giving you also a high vsoc (like 1.15V), reduce it to something like 1.05V if you're running ram at 3200 (you'll probably be stable with even less). For vcore, set something like a -0,05 to -0,1V offset to VDDR CPU Voltage, the most your system will handle.
    I owe you a fleet of drinks. With VSOC at 1.05 and an offset of -0.1v my temps drop by 5c and max on all cores in prime is at 4.116 instead of 3.9. Performance in other benchmarks have increased, not massively but I was worried about the temperature more than anything. Cheers!

ROG Member Array

Hi
    i got a few days ago Asus Strix X470-F Gaming with 2600x and i update my bios to 4602 i didn't know it have problems with PBO and yes it give me high voltage on cpu about (1.40-1.48) on boost if one or two core work (4.1-4.2ghz) and with all cores work (1.39-1.42) (3.9-4.0ghz) and for sure high temp.
    is that normal? cause this is my first time build amd, and after disable (PBO work with 3.6ghz) my temp and voltage down didn't pass (55-60c) on load hope if this problem with bios update they will fix it with next update or this voltage normal for boost?
    Last edited by Salah Mgs; 04-05-2019 at 10:56 AM.

Page 99 of 166 FirstFirst ... 49 89 97 98 99 100 101 109 149 ... LastLast