cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Claymore - AURA SDK

kekkokk
Level 7
Hi guys,
I bought a ROG Claymore last month and I implemented, thanks to the aura sdks, an integration in a light control software.
I'm now living without armoury installed since the lights are already controlled by a third party software.
But now I need macros and profiles. So I installed Armoury and, obviously, they conflicted.
Is there a way to disable the light control from armoury?

Also,
Profiles only works with software???
Why I can't use the 5 profiles standalone with macro recordings?

Also,
speaking of macro recordings, can I specify that I don't want the delay to be recorded? simply set the ms before recording?

These are little things but should definitely be implemented in a top tier product.

Thank!
5 REPLIES 5

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
You can try setting up the profiles and macros on a different PC first, so they are saved in the built-in memory.

In Armoury, you can alter the delay and repetition any time after the macros are recorded.

MasterC@ASUS wrote:
You can try setting up the profiles and macros on a different PC first, so they are saved in the built-in memory.

In Armoury, you can alter the delay and repetition any time after the macros are recorded.

Thank you, I will try ASAP.
Meanwhile, do you think that would possible to implement in armoury a toggle to tell him to simply don't take the AURA control?
So we can use it as profile switch and macros creation but it doesn't interfere with lights?
It's a simple implementation and would be great.
Otherwise I doesn't make sense to release Aura sdks if they interfere with asus softwares

kekkokk
Level 7
@MasterC I have serious issues with profiles.
I can set profiles from another pc with no problem but whenever I start Aurora https://github.com/kekkokk/Aurora/releases/tag/v0.6.1-dev4-asus (which uses AURA sdks to control lightning), I cannot more switch profile.

That's a bummer... But the worst thing is that whenever I stop Aurora, the keyboard switch back to profile 1 but I CANNOT switch profile with fn+number. I have to unplug it, plug it again, then switch profile then enable Aurora again.

This is a huge bug since:
A) Aura sdks are public and you incite people to do stuff with them, so I did. Note that AURA SDKS are only for lightning effects and should totally not interfere with the keyboard profiles. I expect that since the keyboard lights, after calling SetClaymoreKeyboardMode(1), are controlled by the software: (from the FAQ: Sets the controller to the software mode. The behavior of the lights belonging to the controller can be totally determined by the software itself.), I CAN'T switch key profile by hitting fn+1/2/3/4/5

B) Disabling the control from Aurora, setting back SetClaymoreKeyboardMode(0) (from the FAQ: Sets the controller to the EC mode and in turn to set the lights to perform the default lighting effect) I'm actually releasing the control of the keyboard. So I expect it return to works standalone but no, I cannot switch profiles. I have to unplug and plug it in again

I thought I may be using wrong the sdks but they're so limitated and simple that appears to me more a claymore bug.

Also: I would install also armoury but if the keyboard is in use by a third party software with aura sdks, it interferes (WHY??). I would expect to have an option to select if I want to control the light of the keyboard thru Armoury or only the keyboard keys and macros (such as in aura) 74741
So in conclusion: if I want custom lightning I totally have to give up the macros (which is not very good for a top tier keyboard).

Can you please fix this in a firmware upgrade? simply resetting everything when SetClaymoreKeyboardMode(0) is called and make KEYS profiles switch allowed while in controlled state.
And optionally update Armoury to be compatible with third party software made with your own sdks (simply by selecting in the upper section if we want to control the light effects of the keyboard or only the keys profile).

Let me know if I'm doing something wrong,
Thank you!
Francesco.

kekkokk
Level 7
can someone please answer to me? why are devs totally ingored???
I mean... AURA is your selling point right now, isn't it?

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
The conflict issue was resolved with the latest SDK 3.X, although you may need to uninstall the Aura service and HAL before installing. Please try the new SDK, here is the download link:
https://www.asus.com/campaign/aura/download/AuraSDK.zip