cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not having much fun :(

FalloutBoy
Level 7
I have an ASUS X399A, I know it's not ROG but my other machine is and with ASUS killing the support forums and their support being next to useless don't quite no what to do. Situation as follows.

My Rampage V extreme Edition 10 had no problem detecting or using the Nics that I have tried, one ASUS XGC-100C and one Mellenox Connect X2 ; however the X399a shows the XGC-100C but when you try and ping between the two machines you get nowhere, ASUS advised returning the cards to be checked out so that is what I have done.

HOWEVER... Enter the mellenox connectx2 which I got two of, one in each machine add a cisco SFP cable, R5E10 loves it, X399A showed the card once went code 43 in windows, deleted the driver in hopes of getting windows to install the driver correctly .. no go - this was the first, last and only time that card has been seen, swapped the cards between the two PC's no changes R5E10 happy as, X399 nope no card ... this is before we even get to configure an IP address and it's frustrating.

Test the slots in the X399A was the next thought, cycled my 9361-8i raid controller through each x16 PCIe slot, worked perfectly every single time. Tried the Mellenox in the other slots with and without the 9361-8i in the machine - nothing, placed the mellenox from the x399 into the R5E10 works.

I am so frustrated right now, I have never had this level of problems with any PC and this is driving me up the wall.

Any suggestions folks?
I truly believe that there are people on this planet who should voluntarily remove them selves from the gene pool.
Maximus IV Extreme Z/16G/2600K, Rampage V Extreme Edition 10/32G/6900K, G751JY-T7042H
Zenith Extreme Alpha/64G/2950x , X399 Prime A/32G/1900X
Power Mad Mu ha ha ha
0 REPLIES 0