cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R6E + Corsair Commander Pro = “USB Device Over Current Status Detected!!”

Mappi75
Level 8
Hello,

i connect the Corsair Commander Pro to the USB 2.0 Port of the R6E an the pc will shut down after 15 seconds with this message:

“USB Device Over Current Status Detected!!”

What can i do to solve the problem?

Thanks for helping!
5 REPLIES 5

mpoffo
Level 10
Mappi75 wrote:
Hello,

i connect the Corsair Commander Pro to the USB 2.0 Port of the R6E an the pc will shut down after 15 seconds with this message:

“USB Device Over Current Status Detected!!”

What can i do to solve the problem?

Thanks for helping!

Do you have the sata power for the Commander Pro plugged in? I am not 100% sure of the meaning of that message but it implies that the device is drawing more power than it should. I am assuming you connected it to the header on the motherboard.

I use the commander pro but I have mine plugged into a NZXT USB extension hub. I do not receive those errors.
RVIE X299 System:
Windows 10 Prof 64-bit | Intel Core i9 7900x | ASUS Rampage VI Extreme | Corsair AX 1200i PSU
Corsair 900D | 32 GB 3200 G.SKILL Trident RGB Series | RTX 3090/EVGA GTX 1080 | Acer X34 Predator Monitor
Samsung 840 PRO 256 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | Intel 520 SATA SSD 240GB HD | 2 & 4 TB WD Black Hard Drive
Creative Sound Blaster Z | Logitech THX 5.1 speaker setup

Mappi75
Level 8
Yes I connect the power with a SATA cable,
I also removed all front USB ports of the Corsair 1000D case.*

Only keyboard and mouse are connected,
there was never a Problem with more devices connected.

I look maybe I can find a 4pin power cable to SATA,
but I think the Corsair power supply should work. *

einsindrei
Level 10
Can you test your Commander Pro at another PC? I have also the Commaner Pro and plugged in the USB 2.0 Port and no Issues

Mappi75
Level 8
I removed the cable and installed it again - and it seems to be working.

But i'am not shure if the commander works really.

I cant see any fans in the corsai link software (i use the new noctua NF-A12x25 fans)
Or does it work only with corsair fans?

Today a internal usb hub "hubby7" from aqua computer..

Mappi75 wrote:
I removed the cable and installed it again - and it seems to be working.

But i'am not shure if the commander works really.

I cant see any fans in the corsai link software (i use the new noctua NF-A12x25 fans)
Or does it work only with corsair fans?

Today a internal usb hub "hubby7" from aqua computer..

I have Corsair ones plugged into mine. Theoretically it should work with any fan but vaguely recall some people having some issues on the Corsair forums with other non-Corsair ones. Might be worth a look over there. Corsair is going to their new iCue software atm anyway so that may be worth a look and a try as well.

I would agree though if you can try it on another PC. It is possible that you got a bad unit.

The Corsair 1000D, that is a sexy case....I like big cases but not sure if it is worth upgrading my 900D atm. We shall see.

Good luck!
RVIE X299 System:
Windows 10 Prof 64-bit | Intel Core i9 7900x | ASUS Rampage VI Extreme | Corsair AX 1200i PSU
Corsair 900D | 32 GB 3200 G.SKILL Trident RGB Series | RTX 3090/EVGA GTX 1080 | Acer X34 Predator Monitor
Samsung 840 PRO 256 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | Intel 520 SATA SSD 240GB HD | 2 & 4 TB WD Black Hard Drive
Creative Sound Blaster Z | Logitech THX 5.1 speaker setup