cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z270-A - slow boot times to POST

YetAnotherUser
Level 7
I'm running Windows 10 x64 (AHCI/UEFI) on M.2 Samsung 960 EVO / i7-7700k / 32GB compliant RAM and can't take ASUS Z270-A below 18 seconds from power button press to POST screen no matter what I try. The actual OS loading takes just a couple seconds.

I've updated the BIOS to the latest one, re-configured it from stock settings, dug all over the Internet and tried all the popular solutions:

- enabling in BIOS: XMP profile, OS fast boot, MRC fast boot, CPU boot state to Performance, Gen3 whatever, AHCI/UEFI whatever
- disabling in BIOS: CSM compatibility module, MCH full check, SMART test, legacy USB, unused peripherals, unused SATA

I feel like the issue started when I "upgraded" a SATA Samsung EVO to an M.2 Samsung EVO, but I might be wrong.

What I know for sure is that an older ASUS motherboard from ~6 years ago boots to POST screen almost instantly, yet the new one doesn't.

Any ideas?
4 REPLIES 4

YetAnotherUser
Level 7
Well, I guess that means no ideas and slow loads for an indefinite amount of time. Thanks for a "better" product, ASUS 😞

XPredator13
Level 9
You see, you did not even got an answer to your issue. Thats Asus nowdays. Im pretty dissapointed, being all Asus guy, next hardware will be MSI for sure.

Talon1
Level 7
I did all the things you have done and we have a very similar setup. I get the same boot times too.

Praz
Level 13
Hello

Interesting that a 18 second post time is a life shattering event but then one can spend the necessary time required to dig up a month old thread on the forum to post nothing of substance. Thread closed.