Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    ROG Junior Member Array

Damn. You have had a terrible run of luck with monitors! I'm on my second PG279Q. Nothing was wrong with the first one mind you. But I sold it, as I upgraded to a Acer Predator X34P, and then found i hated that thing, and bought another PG279Q as my last one served me well for a good few years. This one is not quite perfect. There is a little backlight bleed in the top right and bottom left corners, but is not that noticeable.
    Interesting that you've had better quality control with Acer. I've always heard their QC is worse hence the cheaper price. Also not color calibrated as well out of the box - but I suppose that means little if the monitor is faulty!

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by disenter01 View Post
    Interesting that you've had better quality control with Acer. I've always heard their QC is worse hence the cheaper price. Also not color calibrated as well out of the box - but I suppose that means little if the monitor is faulty!
    The cheaper price may not necessarily mean that the QC is worse, there are many other factors that can influence it. Keep in mind that Acer is part of the AU Optronics group so these are basically their screens - they don't have to "buy" them the way ASUS and other brands do so the screen itself comes at a lower cost. Also, the Acer comes disassembled while the ASUS is already ready to go out of the box... which means that the box is actually bigger... which then means that ASUS can ship less units in one container so they need to account for the slightly increased shipping costs.

That's of course just my speculation, it could be that the lower price comes from some lower quality parts or indeed QC, but just saying

As for color calibration - I never have and never will care for it. I always calibrate any screen I have manually so for me that's not an issue. Granted, if I was a graphic designer buying a pro-grade monitor then sure, at that point I'd expect out of the box calibration, but for a "normal" monitor I care more about the uniformity - if the entire screen comes with a certain tint, I can reduce it in the OSD.

ROG Member Array

Gave this monitor a try despite all the bad reviews with horrible backlightbleeding, severe IPS glow and color tints on parts of the panel.
    Returned it today, trying to decide what to get instead.. Such a shame, a great monitor with all the right specs and people are clearly willing to pay for quality.. but this was just a huge letdown.

ROG Junior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by VarHyid View Post
    I don't know if I should be sad or enraged. I recently bought the PG279Q monitor cause it has everything I'm looking for and in general, it's a great screen... if it wasn't faulty.

It doesn't suffer from any noticeable BLB, no dead pixels etc. but there's one unacceptable flaw - a big portion of the screen in the mid-left area has a yellow-ish tint and it's so clearly noticeable, it's hard or annoying to use this monitor so I bought another unit from a different store - EXACT same issue. Not just the same issue, but in the exact same spot.

To be clear, it's definitely not the same I had before because... I haven't returned the previous one yet so I have two now. The serial numbers on both start with J2LMQS so already when I saw the box I was nervous and for good reason. I can't believe this, I had 3 other monitors in the past, all TN panels, two from Samsung, one from BenQ and all of them relatively cheap, I can't believe that a high end $900 screen would be faulty TWICE.

Yes, I read about the apparent quality control issues, but let's face it, if you Google the name of any product and "opinions" or read any customer review for anything in any store, some people will complain about the quality if they got some faulty unit so I though what are the odds that 2 out of 2 will be unusable. Unbelievable.

I'm extremely disappointed by ASUS, I'll probably return both and get replacement 3 and 4, then a refund, not sure how many more time I'll try to buy it in different stores hoping for a good unit as I really like it (if it wasn't faulty), but if anyone from ASUS reads this - shame on you, I'll think twice before I'll buy my next MoBo or graphics card from ASUS.
    Where did you purchase from?

ROG Junior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by disenter01 View Post
    Damn. You have had a terrible run of luck with monitors! I'm on my second PG279Q. Nothing was wrong with the first one mind you. But I sold it, as I upgraded to a Acer Predator X34P, and then found i hated that thing, and bought another PG279Q as my last one served me well for a good few years. This one is not quite perfect. There is a little backlight bleed in the top right and bottom left corners, but is not that noticeable.
    Where did you purchase both of your PG279Q(s) from?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3