Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What if I ignore New CPU installed…message

EinfoMail
Level 7
Hi,

The specification of my desktop computer is as
Processor: AMD FX-8320, Motherboard: ASUS M5A97 (AMD 970 Chipset), RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury, HD: 1TB WD Black and SMPS: CoolerMaster 650W

Due to some issue, the processor was replaced by the AMD. After installing the new processor (FX-8320), I see an error message during POST:
New CPU installed! Please enter setup to configure your system. Press F1 to Run SETUP
After pressing F1, I press F8 for Boot Menu, then I select P3:WDC.. (Hard Drive)
I saved booting priority by F10.

Then Windows login screen appears.

After every restart, I need to follow these steps after pressing F1.

To find the solution, I have gone through the links
https://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f15/solved-new-cpu-installed-on-boot-615569.html
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/174348-28-help-reinstalls-boot

What I did to fix this issue.
1. Cleared CMOS using jumper,
2. Restored the BIOS to default,
3. Reconfigured the BIOS (Selected Hard Drive in the 1st Boot Priority and saved settings with F10.)
4. Checked the jumper pins,
5. Replaced the onboard battery.
To clear CMOS, “I did as Removed the onboard battery and moved the jumper again to clear the CMOS RTC RAM data. After clearing the CMOS, reinstalled the battery.”
6. Removed Processor and re-seated the Processor,
7. As per the link https://www.asus.com/in/Motherboards/M5A97/HelpDesk_Download the latest BIOS version is 1605 (released on 31.10.2012). Already motherboard BIOS was updated and latest (1605). However, I re-flashed. After re-flashing, loaded default settings. In default settings mode, I selected Hard Drive in the 1st Boot Priority and saved settings with F10.

At the end, issue not resolved and I see the same message
New CPU installed! Please enter setup to configure your system. Press F1 to Run SETUP

I discussed with ASUS. ASUS says, there is some issue in the motherboard. That’s why it’s not saving the settings. And ASUS suggested, disable Wait for 'F1' If Error and continue to use.

Now please let me know what new steps should I go through to resolved this issue or

let me know, if I continue to use after disabling Wait for 'F1' If Error, is there any possibility or risk of further hardware issue?
3 REPLIES 3

pndiode
Level 11
Did AMD replace the processor with FX-8320(FD8320FRW8KHK,3.5GHz,8C,125W,rev.C0,AM3+) or FX-8320E (FD832EWMW8KHK, 3.2GHz, 8C, 95W,rev.C0,AM3+)?

pndiode wrote:
Did AMD replace the processor with FX-8320(FD8320FRW8KHK,3.5GHz,8C,125W,rev.C0,AM3+) or FX-8320E (FD832EWMW8KHK, 3.2GHz, 8C, 95W,rev.C0,AM3+)?

AMD replaced FX-8320 with FX-8320.

After all posible troublshoot, ASUS said, disable Wait for 'F1' If Error and continue to use. Also he said, there would be no impact to your Hardware by ignoring this warning. But I wasn’t satisfied. Then he said, visit service center.

After disabling Wait for 'F1' If Error, during POST I see the same message again “New CPU installed!...” for few seconds.
Then Window login screen appears.

Due to some personal reason, I am out of city for 3 months. That’s why I want advice from experts like you.

As I said earlier, Processor: AMD FX-8320, Motherboard: ASUS M5A97 (AMD 970 Chipset), RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury, HD: 1TB WD Black, SMPS: CoolerMaster 650W and UPS: APC Back-UPS 600

Also I noticed, in idle mode the CPU temperature goes up to 50°.
Earlier I used to work on 4-5 virtual machines in this computer. Now on priority basis I am planning to install Cooler Master 212x CPU Air Cooler.

I explained the hardware configurations and type of usages of this computer.

Please do some exercise for me and advice. What can be a risk factor, if I continue to use after disabling Wait for 'F1' If Error?