cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi) Chipset drivers?

Saltgrass
Level 13
I have been a little confused by the fact there does not seem to be an actual chipset driver for this motherboard on the DVD, or online. Today I noticed, after rebuilding my system with the latest Win 10 build on 5/22m the current driver seems a little old. Does anyone have any ideas why I am seeing a driver from 1968?

If the attachment does not show up, the driver is for the Intel (R) 300 series chipset Family LPC Controller (Z370). Dated 7/18/1968 and version 10.1.1.44 and was installed by the Win 10 update process.

Thanks..
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200
2 REPLIES 2

Ulrich
Level 7
Hi S..

That version appears to be the latest.. You might run the Driver and Support Assistant to see what Intel says.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27004/Intel-Chipset-Device-Software-for-Intel-Compute-Card

Saltgrass
Level 13
Thanks for the response and I checked the link but I have not heard of a Compute Card before. From what I read it seems to be aimed at smart devices and is a very small computer.. I can't find out much more related to its use.

But I did look at the .inf file for the device and it appears to be a Null driver installed to remove the Yellow Bang from Device Manager. So it appears to be some device which is not operational on my system. I suppose a guess might be the TPM connector. A web search was mentioning things like infrared cameras with might be involved with a TPM. Maybe even the Intel Optane Memory option is involved.

The fact the driver is out of date doesn't make a difference but now I am wondering what my system is missing. I may see if I can get a TPM for the system to test.

Thanks.
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200