cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help: STRIX 480 OC keeps crashing. HWinfo shows no signs of overheating.

Zatarot
Level 7
I'm at my wits end right now. The crashing started a couple days ago my first free day after I picked up TW:Warhammer II that I picked up on the steam weekend sale. So naturally I do what any proper gamer would do with nothing but time on their hands, and marathoned the crap out of every waking minute of that Monday, no issues. So Wednesday night rolls around and I'm free the next day, so I thought sleep is overrated and I'd get early start at wasting that day. A 1-2 hours goes by and the first crash happens, another hour goes by another crashes, at that point I decided that it would be a good stopping point. I wake up the next day start playing and everything goes fine for an hour then the crashes start happening and now the quickest comes 5min and the longest are 20min, nonstop crashing. At this point I checked temps they're by quickly alt-tabbing and they seemed fine, tried a couple other games same behavior. I removed the heatsink and reapplied the thermal paste using noctua nt-h1. Still the same problems. So I downloaded HWinfo and started logging and temps GPU never exceeds 60 and VRM temp hover between 63-35C. How do I fix the crashing or is my card crippled?
1 REPLY 1

stewart_1
Level 8
Hey... sorry for the late reply. You still experiencing the same issues, or did work out what was causing the crashing?