cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Rog g752vs crazy overheating!! Performance issues.

Dabgaming
Level 7
Hello peeps. I own a ASUS ROG G752VS Gaming Notebook NVIDIA’s 10 Series Desktop GPU. Here is a link to the specs : http://techfrag.com/2016/07/11/asus-rog-g752vs-gaming-notebook/. Like the title says, it overheats to the point where the bottom half of the screen is as hot as the laptop itself. I play games like Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands (i got the game free as a bonus with the laptop). And i can understand that playing a game like Wildlands on ultra, the laptop will reach temperatures like 90-95°C. But the thing is i also play older games like Borderlands 2 and i still get 95°c. Now, to pay 3000 euros for a high end gaming laptop and play a 6 years old game on minimum to get at least 60 fps on a 120 hz monitor is kinds stupid isn't it? I know that laptops like this one are build to take 100°c heats without the risk of killing it but still, i get huge fps drops in most of the games. I can't say i know everything about gaming pc's and how they work, the gpu and the cpu and all that, maybe i'm missing something out, maybe i'm doing something wrong in the gaming center or in the ncp. Here is what i can tell you about my settings :

- in the rog gaming center : both gpu and cpu have 90-95°c when in games, 50-60°c when doing something else like watching a movie, internet etc; the turbo gear is set to standard but it goes extreme every time i play a game; the fan boost is set to 50% more than normal, about 4000 rpm;
- in the ncp : i use gsync technology with vsync off in ncp and games; PhyX set to gtx 1070 and not the cpu; refresh rate is set to maximum 120hz; the power plan is set to high performance; i also use the gforce experience aplication but only to update drivers, i don't use the automatically optimize games option.

I feel like i'm missing something, like i'm not using it to it's full potential. It's not normal to buy a high end gaming pc and have huge ingame performance issues. I have friends with 700-900 series that don't have these problems. Why can't i play games on ultra with 120 fps? It's a 1070 after all. Any help, suggestion will be very appreciated. Also i'm new to these forums so i'm sorry if i posted on the wrong section, still figuring out my way around here. Thank you so much!
0 REPLIES 0