cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL503VS having issues with screen turning on when powering up or waking from sleep

willkill7
Level 7
Updated to the latest BIOS and still have this issue. Sometimes I can hit the fn + f6 (screen off and on button) and it somehow turns the screen on. But this doesn't always work and results with a hard powerdown with power button, then turning back on to fix. That is the only way I can fix it forsure. Try closing/opening lid, updating all the drivers, rolling back video drivers, powering down every time (which sucks), doesn't always work.

Maybe it's just my laptop? Any suggestons on how to fix this?

Doesn't always happen, but it happens often enough for me to actually come here and post this.
2 REPLIES 2

willkill7
Level 7
So after a few weeks of messing around with things, I've found that disabling actions when closing the lid (eg sleep when lid closed), stops this issue from happening. Just have to remember to power down or sleep your laptop before closing the lid or it will stay on. Hope this helps anyone else who has this issue.

I had this happen to me, but in my case it was because I dual booted into Linux. Something about how it boots into Windows in this environment messes up sleep and hibernate mode. I instead had to opt for pushing a F function key at boot time and selecting the OS I wanted, rather than going through the Linux Grub boot menu or rEFInd menu. When I avoided those and instead booted straight to Windows, the problems went away.