cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus X Code/Hero I/O plate does not fit!!??

TheComputerGuy
Level 7
So, I purchased a whole new build consisting of a Corsair Carbide 330R Blackout Edition and a Maximus X Code motherboard. I am having trouble installing it into the case as the I/O plate does not fit correctly. I had to take a Dremel tool to grind out about 1-2mm of metal from each side to make it fit correctly (if the case is upright, it would be the top and bottom of the I/O cutout). Well now I want a different case, a HAF XB EVO that allows the motherboard to sit flat due to a large air cooler for the CPU that is pretty heavy. Has anyone had issues installing the Maximus X Code or Hero into this case? (I did some searching online about it and people are having issues with both motherboards in different brands of cases, I have the X Code). Or perhaps is there a list somewhere that has certified cases that will fit? I imagine this is a manufacturing/design error on Asus's part.. :mad: VERY IRRITATING!! Any input at all would be greatly appreciated.

Here is a link to someone else's post about the same issue. They also included pictures.
www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-3562363/asus-maximus-hero-rear-panel-fitting.html www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-3562363/asus-maximus-hero-rear-panel-fitting.html
0 REPLIES 0