cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Build Log] Project Inkling

Tekred
Level 7

Hello Everyone and welcome to Project Inkling

I would like to give credit to In WIn for sponsoring this build with the beautiful 303c case and Polaris fans.

I was watching my son play his favorite Wii U game, Splatoon, and I thought it would be cool to do a splatter type theme. So I took to the web to see if anyone else has done it and I couldn't find anything. JP Modified did a small splatter effect on his latest In WIn X-frame 2.0 build but that was all I could find. The color scheme will be white, lime green, neon pink and black, I am trying something different and hope it turns out as well as I imagine. I have seen many great builds with many different color styles so I will do my best to keep up. The plan is to keep this as neat and clean as possible. Living in japan, I do not have access to materials or tools that I would have back home so I will do the best I can with what I have. I love the looks of this case so no major modifications planned. Hope you enjoy this build as much as me and follow along if you want. Here is the list of hardware I will be using in this build.

Case..................... In Win 303c RGB
CPU..................... AMD TR4 Threadripper 1950x
MOBO.................. Asus ROG Zenith Extreme
GPU..................... Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080 (placeholder waiting to see new releases)
RAM.................... G.Skill TridentZ RGB 32GB DDR4 3200
Storage............... Samsung 970 Evo 250GB M.2 NMVe x 3, Toshiba 240GB SSD, WD Blue 1TB HHD
PSU..................... EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G1+ Modular
Fans.................... In Win Polaris RGB 120mm x 7
Watercooling....... TBD

Here is some photo of the products received as of now, hope you enjoy!

7 REPLIES 7

Tekred
Level 7
Test fitting the motherboard and cutting a fake wall to clean things up. Not much to update as I am still waiting on parts to come in. For the cables, I had a few sets of phanteks custom extensions laying around and disassembled them to create my own. The reason one end doesn't have the connector is because im waiting on some that I ordered from Mod One in white. If anyone is curious this case is rated up to ATX motherboards according to their website and the x399 is E-ATX, however everything lined up perfectly. Still waiting on another 970 Evo to come in so im still debating if I should raid all 3 or boot off 1 and raid the other 2 separately..... Next week ill be busy with school work so I doubt Ill get a lot done, but I should be able to test everything and make sure it posts. Until next time, enjoy the pics.

Ok so with the help of trusty photoshop I created an image with the basic idea I had for this build. I just used one of the photos I previously took and added the paint to it so its just the outside but the same theme will be inside the case as well. Obviously this style of painting is very unpredictable but my idea is to get it as close to this as possible. Please let me know what you guys think, any suggestions would be appreciated

Ok so while I am still waiting on a few things to be delivered so I can paint everything at once, I decided to test something out; painting sata cables with normal spray paint. And guess what? It works better than I ever imagined. This was just an extra, ugly cable I had laying around so I wouldn't be upset if I had to junk it. I didn't prep it, didn't even wipe it down, I just sprayed it white then hot pink. I have rigorously bent it, scratched and twisted it and the paint has not cracked or chipped. So if anyone out there was curious, yes you can paint your sata cables, just don't forget to tape up the ends lol as I didn't here, because this was just a test. will be updated again once I start painting, and I'll have better quality photos instead of smart phone quality, thanks for looking and stayed tuned for more.

24 pin cable finished as well as a few more things painted, the color is a little off in the pics due to it getting late but you get the idea

xeromist
I wouldn't have expected the paint to be that durable either. I guess it just depends on what type of paint that you use and the original coating of the cable. If the paint is flexible rather than brittle I guess it makes sense.

I'm also surprised you randomly got a good fade between the orange and pink. It doesn't look half bad.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
I wouldn't have expected the paint to be that durable either. I guess it just depends on what type of paint that you use and the original coating of the cable. If the paint is flexible rather than brittle I guess it makes sense.

I'm also surprised you randomly got a good fade between the orange and pink. It doesn't look half bad.

Yeah I wasn't expecting it either, and thanks but unfortunately I'm not using that cable it was just my test cable

First i would like to welcome a new sponsor, Thank you Bitspower for supporting watercooling

With that being said, the build is together with the Enermax Liqtech 360 for cooling so I can test and get some benchmark scores. I painted the gpu and backplate, as well as the case, case feet, and pci covers. Took some pics to show the current state. Still need to make a bottom fan shroud and a few other things, as well as installing a custom loop. As far as the settings, I currently have the 1950x stable at 4.1 with a voltage of 1.43125. Memory is at 3200Mhz. I currently have 3 Samsung 970 EVO 250gb NMVe M.2 drives in RAID 0 as my boot drive. I must say I am very impressed with the read and write speed. The Cinebench score is after a few runs to test stability but as you can see my highest score was 3492. If there any other benchmarks you guys would like to see let me know