cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bios issue Hero X

EvolutionX
Level 7
Hey guys i pulled the trigger finally on the rog Maximus x hero yesterday and I'm trying to update the bios to the latest one and it keeps telling me " selected file is not a proper bios "? My usb drive is already formated into FAT32, do i need to remane the file and if so what should it be? I know i had to rename my old maxumis VI formula bios so was not sure if i have to do the same for the x hero.

thanks guys hope to hear from you soon. I'm having Aura Sync problems with Gskill so hoping this will fix the issue.
5 REPLIES 5

EvolutionX
Level 7
decided to open the book and it says to rename it to M10H and i was trying to use the flashback button but nothing happens. Light goes to a solid blue. Not sure what to do hehe

Raja
Level 13
There are two different Hero boards, one has WiFi and the other doesn’t. Make sure you’re downloading the correct UEFI build. If the build is correct, could be how the drive has been formatted or whether the file has been extracted properly from the zip.

Raja@ASUS wrote:
There are two different Hero boards, one has WiFi and the other doesn’t. Make sure you’re downloading the correct UEFI build. If the build is correct, could be how the drive has been formatted or whether the file has been extracted properly from the zip.

Running the WiFi ver. Ill keep trying i guess, not sure what else to do. I can download it to my dessktop then open the fire and move it to my thumb drive?

EvolutionX wrote:
Running the WiFi ver. Ill keep trying i guess, not sure what else to do. I can download it to my dessktop then open the fire and move it to my thumb drive?

That was it, i downloaded the wrong one. I know why lol i was going to buy the non wifi and thats what i had in my head. thanks for the help

Raja@ASUS wrote:

That was it, i downloaded the wrong one. I know why lol i was going to buy the non wifi and thats what i had in my head. thanks for the help