cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 - Firmware 3.0.0.4.384.21045 [Newer FW now available]

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
A new firmware (3.0.0.4.384.21045) is now available for the ROG Rapture GT-AC5300.

Update via the router UI (go to router.asus.com when on the same network), the ASUS Router app, or download first here: http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/wireless/GT-AC5300/FW_GT_AC5300_300438421045.zip?_ga=2.118112905.10...

If any issues need to be reported, please post in this thread, thanks!

MarkSW
Level 8
After almost a year of new firmware's, this router still has numerous issues being experienced by a multitude of users, including myself. I will list the issues below and would appreciate it if you guys would respond to the issues and concerns.

Sporadic reboots – experienced by myself and numerous other users with 21045. Even with an raised syslog level there is no indication of what causes the reboot as the router goes from normal operation to sudden reboot, to loading Busybox with no info in between.

Game ports – speed is still negotiated from lowest speed to highest speed. Negotiation should be highest speed first.

VPN and VPN Fusion - Multitude of issues visit SNB forums to see issues.

Game IPS – Clients still show as Mac addresses and not as IP or assigned name. Difficult to determine user this way when looking at security events. Issue since release of router.

5GHz-2- Still randomly disappearing and disconnecting clients.

Plus plenty of other issues - Refer SNB Forums.
Hope you guys still monitor SNB forums as there are plenty of people there with issues.

Regards
Mark

I upgraded the FW on my GT-AC5300 on Sunday 06-03-2018 in the evening time, and this upgrade (GT-AC5300_3.0.0.4_384_21045) crashed my router that was working perfectly before this upgrade. I had to reinstall this version of FW again and began manually replacing all settings lost from upgrade,FUN! When I began setting up Fusion VPN again, it left all internet access OUT (NO INTERNET after Fusion settings in place). All settings were locked and could not change Fusion setup, nor could I access LAN settings to remove all DHCP entries from Fusion VPN. I had to reset GT-AC5300 to default again and start over once more. What a night mare, Do NOT Install this FW on your GT-AC5300 if you use FUSION VPN for OpenVPN for your devices. I am using this FW today without Fusion VPN for OpenVPN ability. Every feature I know of works, except Fusion VPN.

blazer5 wrote:
I upgraded the FW on my GT-AC5300 on Sunday 06-03-2018 in the evening time, and this upgrade (GT-AC5300_3.0.0.4_384_21045) crashed my router that was working perfectly before this upgrade. I had to reinstall this version of FW again and began manually replacing all settings lost from upgrade,FUN! When I began setting up Fusion VPN again, it left all internet access OUT (NO INTERNET after Fusion settings in place). All settings were locked and could not change Fusion setup, nor could I access LAN settings to remove all DHCP entries from Fusion VPN. I had to reset GT-AC5300 to default again and start over once more. What a night mare, Do NOT Install this FW on your GT-AC5300 if you use FUSION VPN for OpenVPN for your devices. I am using this FW today without Fusion VPN for OpenVPN ability. Every feature I know of works, except Fusion VPN.

My GT-AC5300 has the same problem after activating Fusion VPN with a OpenVPN setting. As soon as I activate Fusion, I get the following message in the Dashboard "WAN State: Not connected. Your ISP DHCP does not function properly." When I turn Fusion VPN profiles off and reboot the router, the message goes away and everything else works great. As soon as I activate Fusion, the message returns and I can't access the internet. This happen right after I updated to the latest firmware.

MarkSW wrote:
After almost a year of new firmware's, this router still has numerous issues being experienced by a multitude of users, including myself. I will list the issues below and would appreciate it if you guys would respond to the issues and concerns.

Sporadic reboots – experienced by myself and numerous other users with 21045. Even with an raised syslog level there is no indication of what causes the reboot as the router goes from normal operation to sudden reboot, to loading Busybox with no info in between.

Game ports – speed is still negotiated from lowest speed to highest speed. Negotiation should be highest speed first.

VPN and VPN Fusion - Multitude of issues visit SNB forums to see issues.

Game IPS – Clients still show as Mac addresses and not as IP or assigned name. Difficult to determine user this way when looking at security events. Issue since release of router.

Plus plenty of other issues - Refer SNB Forums.
Hope you guys still monitor SNB forums as there are plenty of people there with issues.

Regards
Mark

Exactly same problems you have! Hope they fix them soon! 😞

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
We will look into this, thanks guys.

masca
Level 7
MasterC@ASUS wrote:
A new firmware (3.0.0.4.384.21045) is now available for the ROG Rapture GT-AC5300.

Update via the router UI (go to router.asus.com when on the same network), the ASUS Router app, or download first here: http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/wireless/GT-AC5300/FW_GT_AC5300_300438421045.zip?_ga=2.118112905.10...

If any issues need to be reported, please post in this thread, thanks!

Hi,

I did all upgrades this year and on each one more and more issues started happening. Tried to talk to the support teams (in US and Hong Kong) and they asked to replace my router, absolutely no point in doing that as it looks like no real troubleshooting was done.
I did a downgrade to version 3.0.0.4.384.20287 and now my GT-AC5300 is stable again with just minor issues. Clearly firmware issues not hardware issues.
Please test the firmware before publish them, nowadays routers are a core part of the house and they cannot be a playground for developers.

This is my issues list:

1. From time to time 5ghz stop working. My phone on 5Ghz still connected to the network but without any connectivity. When I move to 2.4Ghz it works. A router reset resolve the issue. (from new firmware)
2. USB > FTP Share doesn't work at all. On the previous firmware was full of bugs but somehow I was able o use, on the new firmware not chance, it is all broken. (from new firmware)
3. USB > Network Place Share doesn't work at all. On the previous firmware was full of bugs but somehow I was able o use, on the new firmware not chance, it is all broken. (from new firmware)
4. Auto Restart doesn't work. Only tried on new firmware after issue 1 start happening. (from new firmware)
5. Gaming Private Network doesn't work with QoS enable, after open a case with WTFast they reported this as a well know bug from the router. Current and previous firmware. (Never worked properly)
6. LAN Stopped working intermittently. (from new firmware)
7. Router stop routing any traffic to the internet, affecting LAN and WLAN - For one week happened daily (need to reboot to go back to normal). (from new firmware).

Thank you,

EricTheRed
Level 7
The Game IPS alert email settings do not take. *At least for AOL. *It has never emailed me ever. *I have tried with multiple web browsers on the Mac, including chrome and safari.

Update:
I fiddled around with it some more. *It seems the bug has been fixed, but i had to switch email providers to get it to accept a new email and password.*

EricTheRed
Level 7
Oh, i forgot to mention this bug. *VPN fusion traffic in the "game boost" section, shows all traffic as upload traffic. *It's not separated as upload/download.

blazer5
Level 7
Why no answer from ASUS about this firmware that breaks down the capabilities of this high priced router that does not provide all that is advertised! Here are more people not happy with this router and this FW update:
snbforums.com
ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 Owners_Page 93
10-12 minutes

Page 93 of 93 < Prev 1 ← 88 89 90 91 92 93
1. So what router is recommended to replace this?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2. A better solution would be more like rmerlin project. Basic software free. Advanced RMerlin for a basic fee? Also a real advanced support group with real developers as support..
REALLY NEEDED. YA IT'S A HOT MESS, BUT THEIR REAL HARD COSTS. 1) Licensing ArmX chip designs, Radio and specialized crap based on basic design and expectacions.
Don't forget laber, manufactoring, etc.
A friend of mine, who also follows snbforums and does advanced Arm coding (a clue same company that does the 36 and 72 core chips) used by Mikrotik,

so he actually told me some the hidden dev costs Like the 5 user arm microcode compiler, that licenses out @ close to 300000 bucks a year.
Developers have families, and have the same expenses you do, Play with some numbers. I suspect development costs of advanced router could top 5 million on

A Rog router.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T677A using Tapatalk
While I agree there maybe a lot of costs involved with this ROG router and as a company like ASUS they should have known better then to release a router like this.. Im sorry but after this nightmare of a router I may never buy another ASUS product again.. And as far as Merlin helping out with firmware for this that's not going to happen. At least that was the impression I got.. I would have sold this ROG router by now but I have a conscience.. I wouldn't pass this nightmare onto my worst enemy.. My only faults with this router was trusting ASUS and not doing my homework to see if this was going to be supported by Merlin or other software/firmware alike... Once again in my eyes ASUS should be ashamed... If ASUS would give me half the money back on this I would be the first in line to get rid of this.. Never again!
MarkSW Regular Contributor
Hopefully they get their next "Premium" ROG router right and it's not an abject failure like the GT-AC5300 has been.
Over a year of firmware updates and there are still the same issues that have been present since release.
VPN Fusion -One of their main selling points on the router - they fix it, then they break it...it goes on and on.
Also causes intermittent reboots when manually adding an IP and description in the DHCP section.
Plus plenty of other issues.
Asus do monitor this forum apparently but have yet to see one of their Reps actually acknowledge that there are issues and take responsibility for originally releasing the router in a sub-standard state .
Rant END.
4. I went on and bought an 86u. I will add that I am not using it as a vpn server, which written above as a selling point for the gt-ac5300. I’ve read that the 86u is similar in terms of hw from Merlin.
I think if I dabble into VPN, I’ll tinker with something like an apu2, rpi3b+, or buy an older intel quad port pcie GbE nic and cobble together a server with an old pc build with a WAP (stupid op and power hungry).
I hope the next iteration of the ASUS spiders get more love (this gt-5300 experience made me a tad arachnophobic), but then again, I'm having fun with the idea of tinkering and making my own kickbutt router or adequate vpn server. Hopefully both happen! The 68u brought me here so still much love for ASUS midrange wireless routers. ❤️
Last edited: Friday at 4:56 AM
5. So what router is recommended to replace this?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you can live without advanced router functions such as VPN server/client features etc then go for the Linksys EA9500V2....which has basically the same hardware as the ROG GT-AC5300 but without the bugs.
FluidOne FTTP On Demand 330/30 mbps