Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Banned Array

The worst part is the total lack of acknowledgment from Asus to the issues with the router. Have yet to see a "we working on the following issues" or "we are aware of the issues" from Asus.
    This router has been a let down from the start and still has a multitude of issues that are still present from release day - They need a class action against them to teach them a lesson and remind them that the customer comes first!!!
    Last edited by MarkSW; 07-02-2018 at 04:53 AM.

Wireless scheduler

Hello, the problem that I have, is that Enable wireless scheduler, it works for 1-2 days then it gets blocked and I do not have WIFI, I have to reboot the system.

Administrator Array MasterC@ASUS's Avatar

We continue to test for issues and work on fixes as you can see from regular firmware updates. We are still providing support for the Rapture. I will notify you guys of any issues we replicate or fix. Thanks for reporting the issues you are facing.

ROG Member Array

Exclamation VPN Fusion DNS issues

Using the below .ovpn file from privateinternetaccess with VPN Fusion causes DNS request going from non VPN Fusion devices to request DNS from the VPN. I can manually select a device to go through regular internet and it still grabs DNS settings from my VPN provider. This .ovpn file was provided by PrivateInernetAccess specifically for AsusWRT routers.

us-east.ovpn.zip

Quote Originally Posted by EricTheRed View Post
    Using the below .ovpn file from privateinternetaccess with VPN Fusion causes DNS request going from non VPN Fusion devices to request DNS from the VPN. I can manually select a device to go through regular internet and it still grabs DNS settings from my VPN provider. This .ovpn file was provided by PrivateInernetAccess specifically for AsusWRT routers.

us-east.ovpn.zip
    Luckily, I have a PIA account to test. I tested the same server with the ovpn file you posted and everything is working fine.

No need to import the CA file or edit ovpn file manually.
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos OVPN US East - Exception List.JPG  

OVPN US East.JPG  

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

GT-AC5300 goes haywire with my local clients

I was using the new firmware since early june. and it was working fine...
    Until last week, the router stopped working.
    Clients can't connect, you can't really access the GUI.

After LOTS of playing around with the settings, the conclusion I got is that AT LEAST ONE of my LAN clients had an update and when it connects to the router, it turns the router unusable.

No matter which settings I play with, when I configure my router to my current SSID and password, all 15 or so devices connect. and then, the router stops working. I tried to change the triband setting, I tried to change universal beamforming, I tried to turn off all firewalls, turn off traffic anyliser, turn off HTTPS on the GUI. no matter what I turn off, as soon as I configure my standard SSID (which has no spaces, and no special characters), the router becomes a paper weight.

I can only use this router now, If I change the SSID and the clients do not connect.... then after connecting ALL of them, the issue happens again. Since there are many, its difficult to pinpoint which it is.

Currently my RT-AC68U is being used, but the RAG-AC5300 does not work.

I even tried to initialize the router, but once my devices connect, it crashes. constantly.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberlipe View Post
    I was using the new firmware since early june. and it was working fine...
    Until last week, the router stopped working.
    Clients can't connect, you can't really access the GUI.

After LOTS of playing around with the settings, the conclusion I got is that AT LEAST ONE of my LAN clients had an update and when it connects to the router, it turns the router unusable.

No matter which settings I play with, when I configure my router to my current SSID and password, all 15 or so devices connect. and then, the router stops working. I tried to change the triband setting, I tried to change universal beamforming, I tried to turn off all firewalls, turn off traffic anyliser, turn off HTTPS on the GUI. no matter what I turn off, as soon as I configure my standard SSID (which has no spaces, and no special characters), the router becomes a paper weight.

I can only use this router now, If I change the SSID and the clients do not connect.... then after connecting ALL of them, the issue happens again. Since there are many, its difficult to pinpoint which it is.

Currently my RT-AC68U is being used, but the RAG-AC5300 does not work.

I even tried to initialize the router, but once my devices connect, it crashes. constantly.
    To access the GUI, you can type in the link below in case the LAN IP needed to change due to a conflict. Are you running Dual WAN?
    router.asus.com

If you suspect at one of the clients to be the culprit, then restore to factory defaults to start over, use a new SSID, and add clients to the network one by one until you find the culprit(s).

not sure what else to do

Quote Originally Posted by MasterC@ASUS View Post
    To access the GUI, you can type in the link below in case the LAN IP needed to change due to a conflict. Are you running Dual WAN?
    router.asus.com

If you suspect at one of the clients to be the culprit, then restore to factory defaults to start over, use a new SSID, and add clients to the network one by one until you find the culprit(s).

Hi there MasterC@ASUS

1- It's not a matter of using the wrong IP. I can use the router IP or router.asus.com, the GUI is now very slow. (I even changed the internal DHCP ip a couple of times... for instance 192.168.100.1 to 192.168.50.1 or similar... I wanted to rule out any weird conflicts with the ISP modem)
    2- I'm not using dual WAN. I'm using a PPPoE with a fiber provider (same provider/same fiber modem since october/2017, and that device is on bridge mode, so Asus completes a PPPoE on it to get the internet public IP)
    3- I already changed SSID 3 times.

now the problem is worse... I can't connect more than a handful of devices over wifi. Yesterday I downgraded to firmware "3.0.0.4.384.20648" but the issue remains. I downgraded, and restored to factory settings.

I'm now suspecting a hardware issue could be in play here, in relation to the wifi of the router.

I've used this router with no issues since april/21/2018, and it began to present issues on july/3rd/2018. I've always used this device with the lastest firmware available, and it always was un-obstructed for ventilation.

not sure what else to do here...

thanks
    Felipe

Banned Array

Felipe,

I had a very similar issue ( still occurs now and again) where the GUI would slow down to a crawl after making changes in the router. With Win 10 I would go into the network settings to the adapter for the PC, disable the re-enable it and the connection would go back to full speed.
    I think there is an issue (I have pointed this out to Asus on numerous occasions) with the link negotiation as it negotiates from the slowest speed 10 mbps to the highest speed 1000 mbps, when it should be highest speed to lowest speed, resulting in the link getting stuck at 10 mbps. This results in the connection from the PC to the router slowing down to a crawl.
    Try the disable re-enble adapter when it does the slowdown again- might help.

Regards
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by MarkSW View Post
    Felipe,

I had a very similar issue ( still occurs now and again) where the GUI would slow down to a crawl after making changes in the router. With Win 10 I would go into the network settings to the adapter for the PC, disable the re-enable it and the connection would go back to full speed.
    I think there is an issue (I have pointed this out to Asus on numerous occasions) with the link negotiation as it negotiates from the slowest speed 10 mbps to the highest speed 1000 mbps, when it should be highest speed to lowest speed, resulting in the link getting stuck at 10 mbps. This results in the connection from the PC to the router slowing down to a crawl.
    Try the disable re-enble adapter when it does the slowdown again- might help.

Regards
    Mark
    Hey Mark,
    I'm using mac with an usb-c ethernet adaptor. I believe I get 1000mb on the connection, but I don't think it should be a connection issue... since 10mbps would work fine for a simple GUI interface...

but the issue still remains.

Asus folks,
    do we know when a new firmware will com out?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast