cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Aura problems.

dinosaurus
Level 7
I have only had this PC for 4 months and I am already thinking why in the world did I buy anything related to RGB??? It's only problems and problems. Here's the issue, 4 days ago I finally got Asus Aura to recognize and sync my Motherboard, RAM, and my GPU. but yesterday I started my PC, everything was working fine. Mid-day, motherboard randomly unsync's and Asus Aura doesn't find it anymore. Couple of reinstalls of Asus Aura later, I finally got it to recognize it again. But then the RAM disappears. At this point I have given up. It's not worth dealing with this until an actual update comes out that DOESN'T have these random bugs. Any permanent fixes for this? Thanks.

Specs:
GPU: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1070 OC Edition
CPU: i5-8600k
Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z370-F
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 2x8 3000mhz
If you need any other specs, let me know. 🙂
10 REPLIES 10

EvolutionX
Level 7
I'm in the same boat buddy, seems to be a software issue. As iv been reading and see less and fewer replies for support on this issue. I also just posted something today on the same thing. Although i do love asus products and the quality, this too is my first simi RGB build and so far when it works its amazing but if the software dont work its very frustrating.

EvolutionX wrote:
I'm in the same boat buddy, seems to be a software issue. As iv been reading and see less and fewer replies for support on this issue. I also just posted something today on the same thing. Although i do love asus products and the quality, this too is my first simi RGB build and so far when it works its amazing but if the software dont work its very frustrating.

Here we are again 😄 another complaint for aura sync. Hope asus hear our concern

Velcade
Level 7
That aura cleaner is a god send. That program is a pain in the ass to uninstall.

Any update? If that worked i am still having detection issues. It reads the memory and a led strip ( which I do not have ) but not the MB but the lights run on the MB just fine but I cant change just the memory or vice versea

Velcade wrote:
That aura cleaner is a god send. That program is a pain in the ass to uninstall.

epicDoC
Level 8
pr0 tip: don't use Aura, it doesn't work.

Abaidor
Level 9
LoL what works when it comes to Asus software?

Same story here the only thing that works is the default settings and even that goes in "Crazy Circus" mode.

Aura has a mind of its own. Rampage VI Extreme here.
Asus Rampage VI Extreme | i9-7940X | 64GB Trident Z RGB 3600 | Asus Strix 1080Ti OC | Samsung 960 Pro 512GB | WD Gold 10TB | WD Red 4TB X 2 | PSU Corsair AX1500i | Custom Water Loop - RAD MO-RA3 420 Pro | EK Monoblock | Phanteks GPU Block | Heatkiller 200 Tube RES | EK Dual D5 Revo Pumps | 9 X Corsair ML 140 Pro Fans on RAD | | Bitspower Fittings Black Chrome | Cooler Master Cosmos 2 Modded Case | Silent WIngs 3 120mm Intake |

OnepunchGus
Level 7
I honestly have only stuck with 1.06 Aura, and so far it has been working real well. I do not plan to update the software and don't recommend anyone else to..I mean, it's just RGB, no need to update it. Just make sure your RGB headers are plugged in correctly, and that you sync them together.

Open Aura (1.06) > Settings > Click 'RGB Headers' to the left > Then click on Calibration below.

Follow the on screen instructions and all RGB should calibrate correctly.

OnepunchGus wrote:
I honestly have only stuck with 1.06 Aura, and so far it has been working real well. I do not plan to update the software and don't recommend anyone else to..I mean, it's just RGB, no need to update it. Just make sure your RGB headers are plugged in correctly, and that you sync them together.

Open Aura (1.06) > Settings > Click 'RGB Headers' to the left > Then click on Calibration below.

Follow the on screen instructions and all RGB should calibrate correctly.

Did you try the "rainbow (gradient), flash and dash, comet, music and wave" effects? No stuck on led?