cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aura Sync question / help

EvolutionX
Level 7
Whats going on guys just had a question and looking for some help if possible. Here is my system build that I just got done a day ago.

Asus Maximus X hero WiFi ( 1301 BIOS )
Gskill 3200MHz 16g 16-18-18-18-32 ( i will be getting a something faster ) Or Different brand...
Evga 1080Ti iCX ( 398.11 driver )
Evga CLC280 AIO
Corsair AX860i PSU
Soundblaster Z sound card
W10 Pro OS ( Ver. 1803 ) ( Build 17134.81 )

Question is I'm running the Aura Sync 1.06.17 right now. I was running the 1.06.29 but I'm having some issues with it.
Sometimes its a hit and miss on what it will detect. At one point it worked great and controlled both the board and memory, now it does not see the board but it sees a led strip which i do not have at all. Im trying to set my board to a staic RED and have the RAM in Rainbow but i cant do that as i cant control them individually. Iv been reading about people doing a power cycle and unplugging everything but that didnt work. Been trying to test 1.06.17 and switching back to the new 1.06.29 but that's not working either. Lost on what to try next..

Thanks, Brian.
10 REPLIES 10

EvolutionX
Level 7
Ok, so an update to this issue. My board is not recognized in Asus aura but I do show my memory and a LED strip ( i don't have a LED strip ).
So turned off my memory and noticed its now changing colors as it would with NO software ( fresh install ) and it looks like my LED strip controls my MB, MB still grayed out. Already did as MoKiChU suggested in a few others posts, Clean/Resinstall and so on.

EvolutionX wrote:
Ok, so an update to this issue. My board is not recognized in Asus aura but I do show my memory and a LED strip ( i don't have a LED strip ).
So turned off my memory and noticed its now changing colors as it would with NO software ( fresh install ) and it looks like my LED strip controls my MB, MB still grayed out. Already did as MoKiChU suggested in a few others posts, Clean/Resinstall and so on.

It will sound stupid AF, but it worked me 100% for 5-7 occurrence so far.......
- Uninstall all aura bull****
- turn off PC
- UNPLUG! (if your PSU has a switch that's enough as well)
- hit power button multiple times
- Turn PSU back on
- wait a few sec
- turn it off again
- hit power button

Repeat this until you don't see the lights on your I/O shield flash for just a tinsy moment! After boot into windows, install aura, voila. Usually even the uninstall is not needed, but there were 2 times, when I needed to do that as well.
Success indicator is that damn unified rainbow animation at boot.

Asus and it's programming is crap and they are unwilling/unable to fix simple issues related to their LED drivers on both FW and SW side...... What needs to be done actually here is to somehow powercycle the LED driver, because it can be stuck in a stupid way.

I hope it helps.... i have a Z370-F board and it did the trick for me a couple of times. Every month or so i fight with this....

Nope, that one didn't work for me sadly, Tried it a few time, it did reset my X72 NZXT also so I know doing the power drain works for sure. Thanks for the reply and giving me another option to try. Its pretty sad tho that this forum is sooo tight lipped about everything. There havew been a few that have been of great help just not many.

Thanks again Freemanone

freemanone wrote:
It will sound stupid AF, but it worked me 100% for 5-7 occurrence so far.......
- Uninstall all aura bull****
- turn off PC
- UNPLUG! (if your PSU has a switch that's enough as well)
- hit power button multiple times
- Turn PSU back on
- wait a few sec
- turn it off again
- hit power button

Repeat this until you don't see the lights on your I/O shield flash for just a tinsy moment! After boot into windows, install aura, voila. Usually even the uninstall is not needed, but there were 2 times, when I needed to do that as well.
Success indicator is that damn unified rainbow animation at boot.

Asus and it's programming is crap and they are unwilling/unable to fix simple issues related to their LED drivers on both FW and SW side...... What needs to be done actually here is to somehow powercycle the LED driver, because it can be stuck in a stupid way.

I hope it helps.... i have a Z370-F board and it did the trick for me a couple of times. Every month or so i fight with this....

EvolutionX wrote:
Nope, that one didn't work for me sadly, Tried it a few time, it did reset my X72 NZXT also so I know doing the power drain works for sure. Thanks for the reply and giving me another option to try. Its pretty sad tho that this forum is sooo tight lipped about everything. There havew been a few that have been of great help just not many.

Thanks again Freemanone

Sorry to hear that.... 😕 Sadly i don't have any better idea, if .... only..... a bios downgrade-upgrade might do the trick.
I'm not saying it's a viable option all the time and it's not a solution neither, even if it works after, because ASUS should fix these issues... but..... it's something?

I'll just deal with it, and I'm sure that's OK with Asus. You know I was told that Asus has a great product ( which I knew as I like the MB and Monitor quality ) but I was also told that the customer service was a joke and to choose a different MB just in case i had issues and wanted them fixed or if something went wrong. So far ( fingers crossed ) besides the RGB issue with aura and my MB its been running great and my Asus PG279Q have been doing good

freemanone wrote:
Sorry to hear that.... 😕 Sadly I don't have any better idea, if .... only..... a bios downgrade-upgrade might do the trick.
I'm not saying it's a viable option all the time and it's not a solution neither, even if it works after, because ASUS should fix these issues... but..... Is it something?

crispinrosete
Level 7
The same issue here in my maximus x hero ac-wifi, the aura sh*t has random freeze/got stuck when i applied some of the effects. Almost a month been trying to fix this issue but no luck, I tried all the suggestions that I read in other forum like uninstall - reinstall the aura software in latest version, power down and unplugging all cables, updating bios into latest version and run as admin the aura setup but not working. Also the "lightingservice.exe" process in task manager hogging cpu usage around 25-30% and the aura lights freeze/stuck in one color and got error "doctor dump". Currently i have BIOS version 1401

Windows 10 Pro
BIOS 1401
ROG Maximus X Hero AC-Wifi
Core i3-8100
2x4gb Team T-Force Delta 2 RGB 2666MHz
Currently No VGA

Yeah, I also updated to 1401 today as well but the same issue.

crispinrosete wrote:
The same issue here in my maximus x hero ac-wifi, the aura sh*t has random freeze/got stuck when i applied some of the effects. Almost a month been trying to fix this issue but no luck, I tried all the suggestions that I read in other forum like uninstall - reinstall the aura software in latest version, power down and unplugging all cables, updating bios into latest version and run as admin the aura setup but not working. Also the "lightingservice.exe" process in task manager hogging cpu usage around 25-30% and the aura lights freeze/stuck in one color and got error "doctor dump". Currently i have BIOS version 1401

Windows 10 Pro
BIOS 1401
ROG Maximus X Hero AC-Wifi
Core i3-8100
2x4gb Team T-Force Delta 2 RGB 2666MHz
Currently No VGA

EvolutionX wrote:
Yeah, I also updated to 1401 today as well but the same issue.

Im very frustrated to this issue, Im googling this for a long time but I didn't solved. I don't know what to do for this f*king aura sh*t.. Currently I remove/uninstall the aura software and everything working fine with the default effects (rainbow). hope this issue will fix in next aura update.

I hear you, buddy I'm new to these forums and I have been doing a lot of reading. Sadly this has been an issue for some time now from what I've been reading. So I'm sure they are working on it ( or not ) but yes it is hard to understand how they cant figure this out with all the issues being reported.

crispinrosete wrote:
Im very frustrated to this issue, Im googling this for a long time but I didn't solved. I don't know what to do for this f*king aura sh*t.. Currently I remove/uninstall the aura software and everything working fine with the default effects (rainbow). hope this issue will fix in next aura update.